Gotta wonder......

01 Dec 2014 06:24 - 01 Dec 2014 06:31 #81 by HEARTLESS
Replied by HEARTLESS on topic Gotta wonder......
Yesterday, several players for the St. Louis Rams enter the field with the hands up, don't shoot salute that has been proven false. For some, the truth doesn't and never will matter.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Dec 2014 06:35 #82 by PrintSmith
Replied by PrintSmith on topic Gotta wonder......

ZHawke wrote:

BlazerBob wrote: Does not the whole premiss of this thread support the democrats need race relations to continue to be an issue?

No.

Oh please, of course it does. That's why you wonder what would happen if the kid happened to be black or brown instead of white and why you wholly ignored commenting on the video I posted earlier showing a police car driving right past a black man toting an AK over his shoulder as he walked down the road.

Because, when all is said and done, what matters isn't the color of skin . . . unless, that is, one is seeking to make it about color of skin. That is the whole premise behind what happened to Brown and what happened to Martin. They weren't shot as a consequence of their behavior, according to those who need it to be about skin color for political profit, it was about the color of their skin, about so called "white privilege", about Emmett Till, about Selma, about the dismal state of race relations; which, let's be honest, have gotten worse in the last 6 years, not better.

01 Dec 2014 08:00 #83 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Gotta wonder......

HEARTLESS wrote: Yesterday, several players for the St. Louis Rams enter the field with the hands up, don't shoot salute that has been proven false. For some, the truth doesn't and never will matter.

Wow, I must have missed that moronic act :unsure:

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

01 Dec 2014 08:06 #84 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Gotta wonder......

Rick wrote:

HEARTLESS wrote: Yesterday, several players for the St. Louis Rams enter the field with the hands up, don't shoot salute that has been proven false. For some, the truth doesn't and never will matter.

Supposedly one of the players with his hands up had been arrested nine times!

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

01 Dec 2014 08:09 #85 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Gotta wonder......

FredHayek wrote:

Rick wrote:

Supposedly one of the players with his hands up had been arrested nine times!

:cheer: Guess he's had lots of practice holding his hands up then LOL!

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

01 Dec 2014 08:42 - 01 Dec 2014 08:47 #86 by ZHawke
Replied by ZHawke on topic Gotta wonder......

PrintSmith wrote:

ZHawke wrote:

BlazerBob wrote: Does not the whole premiss of this thread support the democrats need race relations to continue to be an issue?

No.

Oh please, of course it does. That's why you wonder what would happen if the kid happened to be black or brown instead of white and why you wholly ignored commenting on the video I posted earlier showing a police car driving right past a black man toting an AK over his shoulder as he walked down the road.

Because, when all is said and done, what matters isn't the color of skin . . . unless, that is, one is seeking to make it about color of skin. That is the whole premise behind what happened to Brown and what happened to Martin. They weren't shot as a consequence of their behavior, according to those who need it to be about skin color for political profit, it was about the color of their skin, about so called "white privilege", about Emmett Till, about Selma, about the dismal state of race relations; which, let's be honest, have gotten worse in the last 6 years, not better.

No, the post from BB asked about "the democrats need" for "race relations to continue to be an issue". I simply answered "no" from a perspective I don't believe that to be true. Nor do I believe it has, in fact, been true from a "continuation" perspective which implies that it has always been true.

Edited to add: While we're at it, why don't we make all of this "Obama's fault" since that would appear to be the direction you are trying to take this.

And, once again, you try to make an issue of me "ignoring" your video while not addressing your own ignorance of some of the questions I've posed. You did not specifically address that video to me. If you want my opinion on it, you could have asked and I would have provided. Is that what you are doing now? If so, I'll also go back over to the thread on immigration and re-ask you to address the U.S. citizenship challenge I posed directly to you.

01 Dec 2014 09:01 #87 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic Gotta wonder......

"Hands up don't club!"

"pants up! dont loot!"

www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-co...4.html?mode=comments

01 Dec 2014 10:11 #88 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic Gotta wonder......

ZHawke wrote: [
No, the post from BB asked about "the democrats need" for "race relations to continue to be an issue". I simply answered "no" from a perspective I don't believe that to be true. Nor do I believe it has, in fact, been true from a "continuation" perspective which implies that it has always been true.

I am glad to hear that because this is what I am seeing from a vocal subset of the left.

01 Dec 2014 10:38 #89 by netdude
Replied by netdude on topic Gotta wonder......

BlazerBob wrote:

ZHawke wrote: [

I am glad to hear that because this is what I am seeing from a vocal subset of the left.

In other words... "the republicans need to (and do) ignore this so maybe it will go away so they so they can stay in the we world of denial that racism still is an issue".

01 Dec 2014 10:40 #90 by ZHawke
Replied by ZHawke on topic Gotta wonder......
Am providing this because:

1. It is very well written, IMO, and,
2. It goes to the heart of a much bigger societal issue than I believe we are willing to acknowledge.

thesaltcollective.org/asian-americans-might-talk-ferguson/

Time to create page: 0.569 seconds