Death with Dignity

25 Feb 2019 10:24 #41 by Pony Soldier
Replied by Pony Soldier on topic Death with Dignity
Death panels...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Feb 2019 15:25 #42 by Brandon
Replied by Brandon on topic Death with Dignity

towermonkey wrote: Death panels...

Did you even read the last post on page four? It doesn't have anything to do with "death panels."

25 Feb 2019 17:30 #43 by Pony Soldier

Brandon wrote:

towermonkey wrote: Death panels...

Did you even read the last post on page four? It doesn't have anything to do with "death panels."

From that post:

"Futile care involves collective decision-making that empowers strangers to make crucial decisions about a person’s life and death."

Death Panels...

25 Feb 2019 18:30 #44 by Brandon
Replied by Brandon on topic Death with Dignity
That crap isn't in the proposed legislation. But if it were, it would be redundant - health insurance companies already are "death panels."

26 Feb 2019 08:09 #45 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Death with Dignity

Brandon wrote: That crap isn't in the proposed legislation. But if it were, it would be redundant - health insurance companies already are "death panels."

And to REALLY understand the last part of the sentence above.....insurance companies are proposing (and working its way thru the process) STEP THERAPY FOR CANCER PATIENTS.

What that translates to is this...….administer./approve the CHEAPEST and known LEAST affective treatment for the condition and WHEN that does not work go to the next cheapest
UNTIL you FINALLY are prescribed the most effective and BEST.....(the intent being HOPE
you are terminal before you reach the treatment that should have been FIRST CHOICE.)
IF the industry is successful in this endeavor......THAT is death panel in it's truest definition.

26 Feb 2019 08:42 #46 by Pony Soldier

homeagain wrote:

Brandon wrote: That crap isn't in the proposed legislation. But if it were, it would be redundant - health insurance companies already are "death panels."

And to REALLY understand the last part of the sentence above.....insurance companies are proposing (and working its way thru the process) STEP THERAPY FOR CANCER PATIENTS.

What that translates to is this...….administer./approve the CHEAPEST and known LEAST affective treatment for the condition and WHEN that does not work go to the next cheapest
UNTIL you FINALLY are prescribed the most effective and BEST.....(the intent being HOPE
you are terminal before you reach the treatment that should have been FIRST CHOICE.)
IF the industry is successful in this endeavor......THAT is death panel in it's truest definition.

You are equating "cheapest" and "Known Least Effective" without any basis. The most expensive is many times also the most risky. You should watch the series "The Truth about Cancer". It chronicles how treating cancer has become big business and how it is against the drug company's interest to actually cure you. They also get into homeopathic cures.

26 Feb 2019 13:25 #47 by homeagain

towermonkey wrote:

homeagain wrote:

You are equating "cheapest" and "Known Least Effective" without any basis. The most expensive is many times also the most risky. You should watch the series "The Truth about Cancer". It chronicles how treating cancer has become big business and how it is against the drug company's interest to actually cure you. They also get into homeopathic cures.

www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2019/0...s-confusing-bills-ma

An example in real life......pharmco and insurance co have the same goal....DENY until
you are dead.....

26 Feb 2019 13:55 #48 by Pony Soldier
Yes, the stories are terrible. Or not. I could post links to happy ending cancer treatments as well. That is one case and may or may not be indicative of a larger problem.

Here is that series I mentioned before:

26 Feb 2019 15:04 #49 by homeagain
TM......thank you for the link (your earnest exchange is much appreciated)….most of the content I am familiar with. I subscribe to MEDSCAPE, which is a site for those in the medical field.....(my friend was a BSN with a masters and was trying for her PHD. I also view a blog
by KEVINMD who describes med issues and problems within the field.....it has been an eye
opening experience, since I am drug/medical naïve.....(never had surg. or broken bones ,not
even a stitch.)

When living on the front range I had a GREAT PCP and here are her EXACT words....."the
farthest you stay away from doctors,drugs,clinics and hospitals, the better off You will be"
Presently I have an intergrated,functional medicine N.P., whom is a PARTNER in your health.

It is called Patient Centered Medical Home. She utilizes botanicals and alternative treatments. It took me almost 4 years to find a doctor who believes partnering in health is a GOOD THING.

04 Jun 2019 13:44 - 04 Jun 2019 16:51 #50 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic Death with Dignity
This topic is on the archives but I am unable to access the ability to post on it, so I am re-introducing it. Moderator, please feel free to correctly place this in the Death with Dignity subject.

From Redstate.com 6/4/2019. Dutch teenager is euthanized for depression.

"A 17-year old Dutch girl has ended her life under the assisted suicide laws of the Netherlands.

Noa Pothoven had not had an easy life. She struggled with depression and eating disorders after suffering molestation and rape. She wrote a book about her experiences called “Winning and Learning”, but it was not cathartic enough to change her mind about the future.

Pothoven announced her decision in an Instagram post.

“I deliberated for quite a while whether or not I should share this, but decided to do it anyway…Maybe this comes as a surprise to some, given my posts about hospitalization, but my plan has been there for a long time and is not impulsive.

www.redstate.com/kiradavis/2019/06/04/du...fe-legal-euthanasia/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blazer Bob

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds