Death with Dignity

13 Sep 2019 12:10 #61 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic Death with Dignity
My view of physician assisted ( now possibly nurse assisted) suicide is clear. I am against it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Sep 2019 14:03 #62 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Death with Dignity

ramage wrote: My view of physician assisted ( now possibly nurse assisted) suicide is clear. I am against it.

THANK YOU for addressing the issue.......NOW, in a sense of fair exchange, what is the reasoning behind your mindset?

In previous posts I have been straight up about MY mindset.....I am open to another opinion on
the topic.....is a religious belief part of your decision?

13 Sep 2019 18:22 #63 by ramage
To discuss this topic I must first ask if you consider the taking of your own life, suicide?

14 Sep 2019 07:31 #64 by homeagain
coloradosun.com/2019/09/13/centura-healt...-Sun-Up&utm_medium=e

Update on Ramage's report.

To address the question you have asked, I view THIS life as one of many, and this ''vessel'' as one of many.......BEFORE such massive medical intervention was common, the body (person) was ALLOWED to exit.

IF my body is in the process of dying (terminal).....then I do NOT consider MAID as suicide....I consider it a medical option that allows a graceful, peaceful exit to occur.....the horror of being
connected to machines that PROHIBIT the dying process is the REAL tragedy. I have already stated I am a pro active person, MY body IS mine and MY time to exit is MY choice. Just in case THAT option is NOT available in the future.....I have taken an ancient ceremony from the
ALASKAN Eskimos.....when their elders were no longer able to engage and enjoy life (dying)
they would set them onto an ice floe.....they would float into the great vastness of the sea and
hypothermia would occur....the body then would return to the food chain to complete the natural cycle.

TODAY......my game plan B is a bottle of DOM PERION and crystal glass, sunset or sunrise
to toast the day and THEN settle into the shallows of the UNCOMPAHGRE river....hypothermia
happens within 5 minutes.....BUT, with a bottle of bubbly consumed.....your level of pain is minimal. When my body is discovered (because there is a walking path close by) the
police, EMT's will just consider "a stupid old woman got drunk and died in the river''.

14 Sep 2019 16:57 #65 by ramage
To repeat; To discuss this topic I must first ask if you consider the taking of your own life, suicide?

"We are all in the process of dying. .." What is MAID? Medical interference Assisting Death?
To be sure your body is yours, do with it what you like. Why do you find it necessary to involve a physician?

15 Sep 2019 07:22 #66 by homeagain

homeagain wrote: coloradosun.com/2019/09/13/centura-healt...-Sun-Up&utm_medium=e

Update on Ramage's report.

To address the question you have asked, I view THIS life as one of many, and this ''vessel'' as one of many.......BEFORE such massive medical intervention was common, the body (person) was ALLOWED to exit.

IF my body is in the process of dying (terminal).....then I do NOT consider MAID as suicide....I consider it a medical option that allows a graceful, peaceful exit to occur.....the horror of being
connected to machines that PROHIBIT the dying process is the REAL tragedy. I have already stated I am a pro active person, MY body IS mine and MY time to exit is MY choice. Just in case THAT option is NOT available in the future.....I have taken an ancient ceremony from the
ALASKAN Eskimos.....when their elders were no longer able to engage and enjoy life (dying)
they would set them onto an ice floe.....they would float into the great vastness of the sea and
hypothermia would occur....the body then would return to the food chain to complete the natural cycle.

TODAY......my game plan B is a bottle of DOM PERION and crystal glass, sunset or sunrise
to toast the day and THEN settle into the shallows of the UNCOMPAHGRE river....hypothermia
happens within 5 minutes.....BUT, with a bottle of bubbly consumed.....your level of pain is minimal. When my body is discovered (because there is a walking path close by) the
police, EMT's will just consider "a stupid old woman got drunk and died in the river''.

I believe I addressed that in the bolded. OR you are just "jerking me around''......:unsure:

MAID is Medical Aid in Dying......THE correct term for this discussion.

16 Sep 2019 17:45 #67 by ramage
" I have already stated I am a pro active person, MY body IS mine and MY time to exit is MY choice. "

I agree. Why do you find it necessary to involve a physician in your desire to commit suicide?

\

17 Sep 2019 07:51 #68 by homeagain

homeagain wrote:

ramage wrote: My view of physician assisted ( now possibly nurse assisted) suicide is clear. I am against it.

THANK YOU for addressing the issue.......NOW, in a sense of fair exchange, what is the reasoning behind your mindset?

In previous posts I have been straight up about MY mindset.....I am open to another opinion on
the topic.....is a religious belief part of your decision?

IN ATTEMPT to engage in honest exchange.....I see that is futile......your responses are evasive and do not involve a TWO way communication,but rather a mode of answering a question with
another question......NO real response,but rather a retort?

I am CLOSING this specific contact with you,HOWEVER if others would like to engage,that
would be enlightening.

17 Sep 2019 11:12 #69 by homeagain
nypost.com/2012/12/09/diary-of-an-intensive-care-nurse/

THIS blog/diary was original posted on a medical website called Medscape....a source for
medical professionals to inform/vent/research.

TO TRULY understand the issue of "forced life" you will find this informative AND horrifying.

17 Sep 2019 17:51 #70 by ramage
"Forced life", your term or Ms. McConnell?

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds