Death with Dignity

18 Sep 2019 11:56 #71 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic Death with Dignity
Does an aborted baby avoid "forced life"?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Sep 2019 14:56 #72 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Death with Dignity
www.kevinmd.com/blog/2019/08/sometimes-a...-with-open-arms.html

To be REALLY heard......hard choices require a doctor to OPEN their hearts.....THAT takes
a moment of DEEP reflection....by the patient AND the doctor.

09 Oct 2019 13:35 - 30 Jan 2020 15:38 #73 by ramage
From: sentinelcolorado.com 10/9/2019 sentinelcolorado.com/news/state-and-regi...er-assisted-suicide/

DENVER | A Colorado doctor fired after tying to help a terminally ill man obtain drugs to end his life has filed an updated lawsuit that challenges her firing by a Christian hospital company.

Does this post violate TOS?

09 Oct 2019 13:57 - 30 Jan 2020 15:40 #74 by homeagain

ramage wrote: From: sentinelcolorado.com 10/9/2019

However, Morris attorney Jason Spitalnick says it’s about whether Centura’s polices can violate Colorado law.

I live on the western slope (Montrose)......Montrose Memorial will NOT participate/nor allow
their employees(doctors) to participate as long as they have hospital privileges there. the hospice HOPEWEST is the pallative care source.....THEY will not even speak to the director of
Compassion and Choices......and will NOT approve. St Mary's in Grand JCT. WOULD BE the equivalent of Centura and THEY are violating the Colo law......MY ONLY choice is to go over
Monarch Pass to Salida if I wish to exercise the law.

Here is a tool for any individual who wishes to exercise the law.

www.compassionandchoices.org/find-care/

10 Oct 2019 15:57 #75 by homeagain
www.kevinmd.com/blog/2017/11/heres-death...lly-sounds-like.html

after all is said and done.....quiet and peace are the TRUE measure of a good death.

30 Jan 2020 15:48 #76 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Death with Dignity
A follow-up to the story that ramage posted earlier, though this is about the terminally ill patient and not his former doctor who sued Centura Health.

Terminally ill, a Colorado man wanted aid-in-dying. His Catholic hospital said no.
Even as an increasing number of U.S. states have legalized aid-in-dying laws, exercising that option is challenging for patients in a country where most large hospital systems have deep religious ties and the religious right is powerful
By JoNel Aleccia, Kaiser Health News | Published on Jan 29, 2020

The call came the last week of September, when Neil Mahoney could still stagger from his bed to the porch of his mobile home to let out his boisterous yellow Lab, Ryder.

Rodney Diffendaffer, a clinical pharmacist in Longmont, 45 miles away, had left a message.

Your prescription is ready, it said.

Mahoney, a once-rugged outdoorsman now reduced to bones, his belly swollen with incurable cancer, sighed with relief. After months of obstacles, the frail 64-year-old finally had access to lethal drugs under Colorado’s 2016 End of Life Options Act, one of a growing number of U.S. state laws that allow terminally ill patients to obtain medications to end their lives.

www.deathwithdignity.org/learn/death-with-dignity-acts/
Eight states and Washington, D.C., have death with dignity statutes:
  • California (End of Life Option Act; approved in 2015, in effect from 2016)
  • Colorado (End of Life Options Act; 2016)
  • District of Columbia (D.C. Death with Dignity Act; 2016/2017)
  • Hawai‘i (Our Care, Our Choice Act; 2018/2019)
  • Maine (Death with Dignity Act; 2019)
  • New Jersey (Aid in Dying for the Terminally Ill Act; 2019)
  • Oregon (Death with Dignity Act; 1994/1997)
  • Vermont (Patient Choice and Control at the End of Life Act; 2013)
  • Washington (Death with Dignity Act; 2008)
19 other states are considering Death with Dignity this year: www.deathwithdignity.org/take-action/

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

31 Jan 2020 07:21 - 31 Jan 2020 08:17 #77 by homeagain
''after months of obstacles"...when your body (and will)ARE DETERIORATING into the
depths of despair. This is the true travesty...IT IS LEGAL AND THE LAW for you to exercise your
wish to terminate your pain and depart WITH DIGNITY....the law has been in existence for SEVERAL YEARS and this has to stop.

I am ACTIVELY advocating here on the western slope and I have spent MANY hours attempting
to secure a medical team who is in alignment with my wishes...BEFORE shit hits the fan,
and it will....I'm in my early 70's.

YOU are the one that must be self advocating...the medical community is operating with
a narrow focus...(blinders are on)....YOU must remove them, it is your right. COMPASSION AND CHOICES can assist you if you require help in "removing the blinders"....PLEASE be
your own best friend...I have posted a link (on previous pages) that can expedite the process and save you from THIS sad scenario.( the link is on this page....PLEASE review it)

23 Aug 2020 07:32 #78 by ramage
Here's some dignity for the children with Down's syndrome

The vast majority of medics involved in neonatal care in northern Belgium are prepared to commit infanticide, new research has revealed.

A staggering 89.1 per cent of doctors and paramedics who responded to the research survey thought it “acceptable” to end the life of a baby born with a “serious” disability – even if the condition was not life-threatening.

The researchers surveyed medics at all eight of the Neonatal Intensive Care Units in the Flanders region. All those surveyed were involved in caring for babies born with a serious health condition and designated as decision-makers for late-term abortions.

christian.org.uk 8/22/20

24 Aug 2020 18:25 - 24 Aug 2020 18:26 #79 by ramage
Here is some more dignity for the unborn.

Unsealed video clips released Monday of the sworn testimony of Planned Parenthood officials revealed they admitted to altering how they perform abortions to harvest the most “usable” baby body organs for sale.

The Center for Medical Progress (CMP) released its third video of the sworn testimony of Planned Parenthood abortionists during depositions in connection with Planned Parenthood Federation of America v. Center for Medical Progress in the U.S. District Court of the Northern District of California:

Gotta love the plank in the DNC platform that endorses abortion on demand. Gives a new meaning to a uterus being a baby "parts" factory.

Time to create page: 0.187 seconds