Marginalization of Obama, Trump wastes no time

25 Nov 2016 13:00 #31 by Rick
If either of you are posting in response to me, please quote me so I know. Neither one of your posts makes sense if you were responding to me. My beef is with one person who periodically shows up just to trash threads and piss people off.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Nov 2016 13:39 #32 by FredHayek

hillfarmer wrote: Congratulations. You have all been taking notes from your idol Trump on how to project your attitudes and beliefs onto others and then vilify them for those attitudes and beliefs. The right wing has been especially good at creating false narratives and then repeating them over and over until they believed them. Taking peaceful protests and then twisting them into a narrative about how the liberal hordes are now spreading hate and burning cities down is just the latest example of your strange, twisted reality.

Please! People are accusing me of being racist & a misogynist just because I refused to vote for Hillary. And some of the protests are peaceful, but the damage in Portland Oregon cost $$$. I never understand destroying your own town, especially when Oregon went for Hillary. I hope it is just a few anarchists acting out their frustrations and we will not see this for the next four years.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

25 Nov 2016 16:23 #33 by You Know Who

Rick wrote: If either of you are posting in response to me, please quote me so I know. Neither one of your posts makes sense if you were responding to me..

Seriously...Who are you talking to?

25 Nov 2016 16:25 #34 by You Know Who

hillfarmer wrote: Congratulations. You have all been taking notes from your idol Trump on how to project your attitudes and beliefs onto others and then vilify them for those attitudes and beliefs. The right wing has been especially good at creating false narratives and then repeating them over and over until they believed them. Taking peaceful protests and then twisting them into a narrative about how the liberal hordes are now spreading hate and burning cities down is just the latest example of your strange, twisted reality.

Great post

Instant friends :drunkensere

25 Nov 2016 16:29 #35 by You Know Who

FredHayek wrote:

Please! People are accusing me of being racist & a misogynist just because I refused to vote for Hillary. And some of the protests are peaceful, but the damage in Portland Oregon cost $$$. I never understand destroying your own town, especially when Oregon went for Hillary. I hope it is just a few anarchists acting out their frustrations and we will not see this for the next four years.

Obviously...Some people have a big problem with this clown being president of The United States of America- It's not too hard to understand, Fred.

and

If you don't have a problem with it, then just stay in your house, drink your Busch beer, eat your Mac N Cheese and watch re runs of the apprentice - Don't tell other people how they should protest

25 Nov 2016 16:34 - 25 Nov 2016 17:06 #36 by Arlen
The people protesting who have a problem with Trump being president didn't even vote! How funny is that?!
They are not serious people, but only young and stupid. Those who are older and support the protestors are just old and stupid. :P

Now about marginalization of the Democrats:
The Democrat Party has been reduced from a national political party to a regional municipal party. Only in urban areas and coastal regions do they exist.
The last three elections have seen continued losses for the Dems in both Congressional seats and major state positions. 2016 was the nail in the coffin as both houses of congress and a majority of state governors are with the GOP.
After the election, Democrats hold the governor’s office and both legislative chambers in just six states—all of them on the Atlantic or Pacific oceans—compared with 25 for Republicans.
Good work, Obama!

25 Nov 2016 17:29 - 25 Nov 2016 17:31 #37 by Blazer Bob

Edit: SC missed you at Tday. I gave your son a present. M is holding it for him.

25 Nov 2016 18:31 #38 by FredHayek
Good for the goose, good for the gander? It is wrong to blame all Muslims for the Orlando nightclub massacre but you are fine calling all Trump voters racist Nazi`s. I personally know Hispanics and Jews who voted for the Donald. But you think all of them are rednecks. :twisted: You must be a horrible union leader since you couldn't convince them to vote for Hillary.

You Know Who wrote:

FredHayek wrote:

Obviously...Some people have a big problem with this clown being president of The United States of America- It's not too hard to understand, Fred.

and

If you don't have a problem with it, then just stay in your house, drink your Busch beer, eat your Mac N Cheese and watch re runs of the apprentice - Don't tell other people how they should protest

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

25 Nov 2016 20:47 #39 by ScienceChic

Arlen wrote: The people protesting who have a problem with Trump being president didn't even vote! How funny is that?!
They are not serious people, but only young and stupid. Those who are older and support the protestors are just old and stupid. :P

Now about marginalization of the Democrats:
The Democrat Party has been reduced from a national political party to a regional municipal party. Only in urban areas and coastal regions do they exist.
The last three elections have seen continued losses for the Dems in both Congressional seats and major state positions. 2016 was the nail in the coffin as both houses of congress and a majority of state governors are with the GOP.
After the election, Democrats hold the governor’s office and both legislative chambers in just six states—all of them on the Atlantic or Pacific oceans—compared with 25 for Republicans.
Good work, Obama!

It's nothing new that Republicans were voted in. Because Obama was such a polarizing figure, even though he was far from extreme, it was perceived that Dems have been in control the past 8 years. You can't go from historically electing all white men to a black man and expect the following election to get a woman in the highest office, that's far too much change too process in such a short amount of time. The pendulum has been swinging back and forth for the past how many decades now? I just don't think that the Dems were expecting to lose the White House AND control of Congress in this election. I predict that it will shift back again in the next election or the one proceeding after Reps do nothing to improve the corruption, economy, or people's lives. The result of this election is not an endorsement of Reps so much as an indictment against the status quo and who was currently in power; what's sad is that nothing will change either now, or with Dems being voted in until everyone realizes the sh**storm coming with climate change.

Blazer Bob wrote: Edit: SC missed you at Tday. I gave your son a present. M is holding it for him.

Missed you too BB, thank you very much for thinking of (not so) Lil Science Dude! Happy Thanksgiving!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

26 Nov 2016 08:10 - 26 Nov 2016 08:11 #40 by Arlen
SC, you have learned nothing. You are still spouting the liberal, political-think, identity politics. Even the pundits on the TV are still spouting their ignorant crap. I am surprised that they still have a job giving their nonsense opinions.
Here is a hint: Republicans were not voted in. Trump was voted in. (The Repubs fought him every step of the way!)
Now, hold on to your seat - things are about to change drastically. Hang on tight, for the next 4 years is going to snap your head back.

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds