Impeachment proceedings against Trump

06 May 2019 20:14 #541 by Pony Soldier
Wow, well if the science gig ever dries up, you can always get a job working for the Ministry of Truth.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 May 2019 21:17 #542 by Blazer Bob
So you think Trump is a Russian agent? Or that Hillary would be president if Russia had not interfered?

07 May 2019 08:01 #543 by homeagain

towermonkey wrote: Wow, well if the science gig ever dries up, you can always get a job working for the Ministry of Truth.

WELL, given the fact she has a vested stake in the FUTURE OF HER CHILDREN....SC is attempting to be model mother, who is demonstrating STAND UP FOR TRUTH AND JUSTICE.

How are YOUR academia credential being implemented.?

07 May 2019 10:43 #544 by Pony Soldier

homeagain wrote:

towermonkey wrote: Wow, well if the science gig ever dries up, you can always get a job working for the Ministry of Truth.

WELL, given the fact she has a vested stake in the FUTURE OF HER CHILDREN....SC is attempting to be model mother, who is demonstrating STAND UP FOR TRUTH AND JUSTICE.

Funny, I see it more as subverting the truth and justice. Due process and rule of law were tossed to the shredder because the orange man bad...

07 May 2019 11:06 #545 by Rick

homeagain wrote:

As do we all, that's why I'm looking forward to the real truth coming out where we can all see how corrupt the last administration was. I guess I also don't buy into the idea that someone who was previously a scientist is somehow more qualified to understand what truth is... no offence SC. To see real truth you have to look into facts that may counter the picture your mind has already painted as truth. I don't think that happened through most of this thread, unfortunately.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

07 May 2019 11:12 #546 by ScienceChic

Blazer Bob wrote: So you think Trump is a Russian agent? Or that Hillary would be president if Russia had not interfered?

No, and while likely, I can't say for sure that she would have.

Trump isn't an agent of Russia, he's too erratic, unstable, and frankly, not smart enough. Agents have to be trusted by their handlers, counted on to make the right decisions to help those whom they serve. No, he's simply a useful idiot. A preening, egotistical, narcissistic, self-absorbed, easily manipulated, greedy, financially insecure/bribable asshole who fell for their machinations for his own gain and vanity. He is the embodiment of that which our Founding Fathers feared.

In the midst of these pleasing ideas we should be unfaithful to ourselves if we should ever lose sight of the danger to our liberties if anything partial or extraneous should infect the purity of our free, fair, virtuous, and independent elections. If an election is to be determined by a majority of a single vote, and that can be procured by a party through artifice or corruption, the Government may be the choice of a party for its own ends, not of the nation for the national good. If that solitary suffrage can be obtained by foreign nations by flattery or menaces, by fraud or violence, by terror, intrigue, or venality, the Government may not be the choice of the American people, but of foreign nations. It may be foreign nations who govern us, and not we, the people, who govern ourselves; and candid men will acknowledge that in such cases choice would have little advantage to boast of over lot or chance. ~John Adams, Inaugural Address, March 4, 1797

A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader. ~Samuel Adams, letter to James Warren, February 12, 1779

“Nothing can destroy a government more quickly than its failure to observe its own laws, or worse, its disregard of the charter of its own existence.” 
-Justice Tom C. Clark, Mapp vs. Ohio

Because power corrupts, society's demands for moral authority and character increase as the importance of the position increases. ~John Adams

Nobody has a more sacred obligation to obey the law than those who make the law. ~Sophocles

“Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought.
To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears.
To be led by a fool is to be led by the opportunists who control the fool.
To be led by a thief is to offer up your most precious treasures to be stolen.
To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies.
To be led by a tyrant is to sell yourself and those you love into slavery.”

― Octavia E. Butler, Parable of the Talents

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. ~Abraham Lincoln

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

07 May 2019 12:18 #547 by ScienceChic

Rick wrote: As do we all, that's why I'm looking forward to the real truth coming out where we can all see how corrupt the last administration was. I guess I also don't buy into the idea that someone who was previously a scientist is somehow more qualified to understand what truth is... no offence SC. To see real truth you have to look into facts that may counter the picture your mind has already painted as truth. I don't think that happened through most of this thread, unfortunately.

NOT ONCE have I EVER said either outright or implied that my education makes me more qualified to understand the "real truth" regarding this situation, whatever that means. Facts are facts; see Winston Churchill's quote in my sig. The truth has been coming out, or have you missed the multitude of indictments and guilty pleas/verdicts? Do you think it's perfectly fine for our president to ignore a subpoena from Congress or for his Treasury Secretary to break the law and refuse to turn over tax returns to Congress? For him to refuse to divest his business interests and make money off of his presidency from foreign governments and interest groups? Think long and hard about that before answering, because Trump will not be president forever, and I can tell you right now that I don't want any future president having no oversight or refusing to abide by the Emoluments Clause. That path leads to authoritarianism and fascism.

That story I shared above about the former prosecutors now has over 600 signees, Republican and Democrat alike, and Mueller, Wray, Rosenstein are all Republicans, so how is this a partisan political agenda? You are free to disagree with anything anyone posts, but bring receipts if you want to change minds.

Our Rule of Law is being trampled on by those who swore to uphold our Constitution, and our values eroded thanks to it. It's not just Trump, but the ramifications of everything happening that is destroying our equal branches of government being able serving as checks and balances on one another. If the Executive Branch can simply ignore the Legislative Branch, unlike as is set out in the Constitution, then our government will cease to function for us and instead serve those in power - and whether that is Republican OR Democrat, it will not be to our benefit at all. We lose in this scenario.

If you think this is only about "hating one man" in a succession of people to hold this office, you have completely misunderstood the bigger picture problem I've shared in this thread.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
The following user(s) said Thank You: parkcobound

08 May 2019 12:48 #548 by homeagain

Rick wrote:

homeagain wrote:

As do we all, that's why I'm looking forward to the real truth coming out where we can all see how corrupt the last administration was. I guess I also don't buy into the idea that someone who was previously a scientist is somehow more qualified to understand what truth is... no offence SC. To see real truth you have to look into facts that may counter the picture your mind has already painted as truth. I don't think that happened through most of this thread, unfortunately.

www.dataforprogress.org/blog/2018/8/21/d...4-who-is-trumps-base

You MIGHT want to review the educational portion of this report.....your bolded comment is
somewhat short sighted.

08 May 2019 18:14 #549 by ramage
I was going to support President Trump’s re-election until I saw his depreciated amortization schedule from 1989. Thank you New York Times.

10 May 2019 07:56 #550 by homeagain
www.newyorker.com/news/q-and-a/a-constit...rpose-of-impeachment

The I WORD explained by an expert in the field......WAIT FOR IT

Time to create page: 0.368 seconds