Impeachment proceedings against Trump

05 Apr 2019 15:26 #511 by ScienceChic
Did John Podesta deny CIA and FBI access to DNC server, as Donald Trump claims?

Trump tweeted that "everyone here is talking about why John Podesta refused to give the DNC server to the FBI and the CIA."

Trump’s premise here is wrong. Podesta had nothing to do with the DNC server because he didn’t work at the DNC; he worked for Clinton’s campaign. The DNC claimed they received no direct requests from the CIA, and the CIA did not comment.

The DNC says it cooperated with the FBI, providing information on the server through a third-party vendor.The FBI provided no comment, but then-FBI director Comey said it was an appropriate substitute.

We rate this statement False.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Apr 2019 15:54 #512 by homeagain
Of course it's FALSE......everything coming out of his mouth is FALSE.....even to the point of

where his father was born....NOT GERMANY, but NY.....his grandfather was from Germany.
:smackshead: Seriously, this man is pre-dementia material....and he has the nuke code.

05 Apr 2019 16:35 #513 by Blazer Bob

driver8 wrote: The Seth Rich story that TM just dropped and can't back up, is also a big Qanon story line, TM, if you are NOT a Q follower that means you follow the only other RW 'source' that ran with this and that was InfoWars/Alex 'sick fvck' Jones. Either way, dayum that is sad.

Sorry driver, your source is pathetically wrong.. I have come across numerous references to the Seth Rich story and I have never heard of q and am only barely aware of InfoWars.

I wonder if whatever sources you use to keep track of right wing madness are not lying to you.

05 Apr 2019 16:52 #514 by ScienceChic
As I posted in the American Intelligence and Election Hacking thread (including a link to the indictment), it was the Russians who spearfished Podesta and got into the DNC server.

Mueller Just Uncovered a Core Russian Conspiracy
The special counsel's latest indictment reaches back to his investigation's origin story: the hacking of the 2016 election.
DAVID A. GRAHAM, The Atlantic | JUL 13, 2018

A grand jury in Washington, D.C., on Friday indicted 12 Russian intelligence officers, charging them with hacking intended to interfere with the 2016 presidential election.

The indictment, sought by Special Counsel Robert Mueller, charge the defendants with hacking into computers and email systems of the Democratic National Committee, the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, and Hillary Clinton campaign chair John Podesta. The hackers also allegedly broke into computer systems of an unidentified state board of elections, stealing personal information for 500,000 voters.

Friday’s indictment is important because the hacking of the DNC was the origin story for the investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election. The DNC announced in June 2016 that its computer networks had been infiltrated, and security experts quickly concluded that Russia was behind the break-in. Further investigation by multiple American intelligence committees reached the same conclusion.

“The object of the conspiracy was to hack into the computers of U.S. persons and entities involved in the 2016 U.S. presidential election, steal documents from those computers, and stage releases of the stolen documents to interfere with the 2016 U.S. presidential election,” the indictment states.

The indictment also says that the GRU used an outside organization to help disseminate the documents. Though it is not named, the details indicate it is WikiLeaks.

Is WikiLeaks a Russian Front?
The idea that the putative transparency group served as a connection between Moscow and the president’s associates is starting to become clearer.
DAVID A. GRAHAM, The Atlantic | NOV 29, 2018

Until recently, the connection between those Russian efforts and Trump allies has remained somewhat obscure and speculative. But recent developments have started to flesh out the picture. Russia used WikiLeaks as a conduit—witting or unwitting—and WikiLeaks, in turn, appears to have been in touch with Trump allies. The key remaining questions are what WikiLeaks knew and what Trump himself knew.

Some historical perspective on him:
The Astonishing Transformation of Julian Assange
Views of the WikiLeaks founder have shifted as American partisans project their own priorities onto him.
DAVID A. GRAHAM, The Atlantic | JAN 5, 2017

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

06 Apr 2019 05:47 #515 by Pony Soldier

driver8 wrote: The Seth Rich story that TM just dropped and can't back up, is also a big Qanon story line, TM, if you are NOT a Q follower that means you follow the only other RW 'source' that ran with this and that was InfoWars/Alex 'sick fvck' Jones. Either way, dayum that is sad.

You sure are following what Q and Info Wars says pretty closely for someone who claims to not be a follower of them. I personally think Q is fake and Info Wars is based on made up fantasies. If they are saying that Seth Rich is the source, well, I guess they finally got something right. I wouldn't know because I don't follow them, but it sure seems that you do.

06 Apr 2019 08:43 #516 by ScienceChic
Some food for thought: if InfoWars and Q Anon are fake, and they are saying that it was Seth Rich who leaked the emails then, ergo...

If you find yourself agreeing with con artists and fraudsters, perhaps what you think is true quite likely is, in fact, not. Just sayin’.

06 Apr 2019 16:43 #517 by Pony Soldier
I would never be shallow enough to form nor drop an opinion on the simple basis that someone else either agreed or disagreed with it. Especially con artists and fakes.

09 Apr 2019 11:20 #518 by homeagain
www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/04/...ueller-report-226580

Be forewarned.....BARR will clash with the Constitution and CONGRESS will conquer this
conflict.

09 Apr 2019 13:56 #519 by Pony Soldier
You do realize that Barr is working with Mueller to redact the document... don't you? Good lord, all of the people that screamed about the Starr Report being released are now demanding a full release.

09 Apr 2019 13:59 #520 by Pony Soldier
www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/barr-t...ller-summary-n992286

WASHINGTON — Attorney General William Barr said Tuesday that he is "reviewing the conduct" of the FBI's Russia probe during the summer of 2016, and that the Department of Justice inspector general will release a report on the FBI's use of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act process and other matters in the Russia case in May or June.

"I am reviewing the conduct of the investigation and trying to get my arms around all the aspects of the counterintelligence investigation that was conducted during the summer of 2016," Barr said in public testimony before a House Appropriations subcommittee, his first since last month's release of his four-page summary of special counsel Robert Mueller's report on Russian interference in the 2016 election.

the other shoe so to speak. A lot of people belong in jail over this travesty of Justice...

Time to create page: 0.369 seconds