Impeachment proceedings against Trump

30 Mar 2019 16:03 - 30 Mar 2019 16:07 #481 by Blazer Bob
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Mar 2019 17:12 #482 by homeagain
Your are a blast..BB…..BUT, I am not taking the bait.....TRUMP topics/threads are third quarter bait (for me)…but keep trying, :P

30 Mar 2019 19:40 #483 by Blazer Bob

homeagain wrote: Your are a blast..BB…..BUT, I am not taking the bait.....TRUMP topics/threads are third quarter bait (for me)…but keep trying, :P

That was about collusion but ok Speaking of Q3, you remind me of church. Miracles yesterday, Miracles tomorrow, bever miracles today. Keep the faith.

31 Mar 2019 09:22 #484 by FredHayek
There does appear to be a fracture within the Democrat Party. Some, like Nancy Pelosi, are saying it is time to move on from impeachment and instead focus on getting back the White House and Senate. Others think pursuing impeachment will hurt President Trump's reelection chances. The polling numbers haven't seemed to move much since the Mueller announcement so I think Nancy is right. Currently the country is highly partisan and the Democrats won't win many new votes if they continue to play the impeachment game. They might do well on fundraising however. The hardcore lefties hate Trump so much they are willing to send checks to the candidates that promise to jail the Donald. Makes sense, Trump still screams about jailing Hillary to whip up a frenzy at his rallies. (Yet his DOJ hasn't done anything to bring her to trial, or even asked her to testify.)

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: homeagain

04 Apr 2019 12:38 #485 by ScienceChic
Again, this matter is not finished based on a 4 page summary by a political appointee of an independently-commissioned report. If Mueller's team had indeed written ready-for-public summaries (remember, these people all have top secret clearances and are lawyers, they know what can and can't be shared publicly), and Barr continues to withhold them, he's going to be facing questions of obstruction himself. That members of the SCO team are talking to the press, after having been a wall of silence for the past 20 months, means something is not right.

The House has voted to approve issuing subpoenas if Barr doesn't release the report soon. Congress goes into recess for two weeks beginning April 10th, fyi. The Ways and Means Committee has also formally requested Trump's tax returns from the IRS, which they have the legal authority to do.

Some on Mueller’s Team Say Report Was More Damaging Than Barr Revealed
By Nicholas Fandos, Michael S. Schmidt and Mark Mazzetti, New York Times
April 3, 2019

WASHINGTON — Some of Robert S. Mueller III’s investigators have told associates that Attorney General William P. Barr failed to adequately portray the findings of their inquiry and that they were more troubling for President Trump than Mr. Barr indicated, according to government officials and others familiar with their simmering frustrations.

Mr. Barr has said he will move quickly to release the nearly 400-page report but needs time to scrub out confidential information. The special counsel’s investigators had already written multiple summaries of the report, and some team members believe that Mr. Barr should have included more of their material in the four-page letter he wrote on March 24 laying out their main conclusions, according to government officials familiar with the investigation. Mr. Barr only briefly cited the special counsel’s work in his letter.

Limited information Barr has shared about Russia investigation frustrated some on Mueller’s team
By Ellen Nakashima, Carol D. Leonnig and Rosalind S. Helderman, The Washington Post
April 4 at 11:15 AM

In his letter, Barr said that the special counsel did not establish a conspiracy between the Trump campaign and Russia. And he said that Mueller did not reach a conclusion “one way or the other” as to whether Trump’s conduct in office constituted obstruction of justice.

Absent that, Barr told lawmakers that he concluded the evidence was not sufficient to prove that the president obstructed justice.

But members of Mueller’s team have complained to close associates that the evidence they gathered on obstruction was alarming and significant.

“It was much more acute than Barr suggested,” said one person, who, like others, spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the subject’s sensitivity.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

04 Apr 2019 12:58 #486 by parkcobound
I truly want the whole story here. But I would certainly hope that Barr would not release his 4 page memo if the full report is drastically different. but then we have certainly seen politicians do very stupid things before so you never know. As for impeachment, I just think the democrats will have trouble getting traction unless the full report shows some specific and glaring instances that sway some republicans. And I think that if the democrats pursue it in the absence of specific and glaring instances that sway republicans, they will be digging their own graves. Nancy isn't saying what she is saying because the believes the Trump campaign is innocent.... Nancy is smart and wants her party to be in control and she knows that pursuing this when there isn't ample evidence is a sure fire way to tank the whole party. Like her or don't like her - she is a savvy politician and has not garnered the control she has by being anything but that.

04 Apr 2019 13:23 #487 by homeagain

homeagain wrote: Your are a blast..BB…..BUT, I am not taking the bait.....TRUMP topics/threads are third quarter bait (for me)…but keep trying, :P

MY mantra.....3Q....NANCY will have enough R'S defect over (you are already seeing SOME
R'S DEFYING the king.....) then the I WORD will be a reality...wait for it....:titanic:

04 Apr 2019 13:33 #488 by Pony Soldier
I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that Andrew Weissman is the one spilling these story lines to the WP and NYT. He's crooked and hates Trump enough to do it. I seriously doubt that the full report is going to have anything truly damning, but may be full of innuendo. If that is the case, it shouldn't be released because the DoJ has an obligation to protect the innocent. If there isn't enough to indict, then there isn't enough to share. I also love haw everybody is calling Barr just a political appointee. What do you think Mueller was? Its all politics. It is the uniparty trying to take down a president with nothing more than whispers.

04 Apr 2019 14:43 #489 by Brandon

towermonkey wrote: I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that Andrew Weissman is the one spilling these story lines to the WP and NYT. He's crooked and hates Trump enough to do it.

Prove it.

towermonkey wrote: I also love haw everybody is calling Barr just a political appointee. What do you think Mueller was?

He wasn't appointed by an elected official.

04 Apr 2019 14:59 #490 by ramage
You are right, Brandon, the Pompous. Mueller was appointed by a political appointee, Rod Rosenstein. Rosenstein was nominated by the duly elected President. How would you characterize Mueller's garnering the position of special counsel?

Time to create page: 0.398 seconds