Impeachment proceedings against Trump

23 Mar 2019 09:43 #451 by chrisd3711
Make that 2020...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Mar 2019 10:13 #452 by homeagain

chrisd3711 wrote: This "joke of an investigation" has led to over 30 indictments, many of whom are Russians but six of whom were directly associated with President Trump. Only one of those six have pled guilty and two are headed to jail. It is unfortunate in a way that this thread is entitled "Impeachment proceedings against Trump," although that may be where this all leads. We will have to see what Congress does with whatever information is included in Mueller's report.

One bottom line for me is that Donald Trump has shown us over and over and over again that he is a compulsive liar who creates his own reality and appears to truly believe that this reality is true. This is the sign of a diagnosable sociopath, pure and simple. Whether or not he is impeached is beside the fact. I just hope and pray that the American people show him the door

THANK YOU CHRIS D......and there are several professionals that have diagnosed the SAME thought. Unfortunately, the real truth (and fault) lies with the masses....we all are complicit in installing TRUMP into a position he was ILL EQUPPED to handle....we ALL
yearned for something different, to direct us to a fresh approach in governing. As and indy,I
could not cast a vote for ANOTHER dynasty candidate,NOR did I TRUST TRUMP.....altho
his speeches spoke of a BETTER America....I KNEW he was full of shit.

IT IS UNFORTUNATE that about 1/3 of America can not see the blatant bullshit....either that OR they elect to ignore it, because we have now become so blasé to deceit. jmo

23 Mar 2019 10:30 #453 by chrisd3711
Another correction of my own post - "Only one of those six have pled guilty and two are headed to jail" should be, "All but one of those six have pled guilty, and two are headed to jail." The fate of the sixth will be interesting to see...

On the subject of how divided we have become as a nation, this is not necessarily a new thing and is not necessarily a bad thing. It is clearly difficult for either side to be tolerant of the other side's views. That said, I truly believe, as difficult as it is, that we need to move in that direction. One can at least hope that bi-partisan, "across the aisle," collaborative legislation is indeed possible with different leadership in place.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

23 Mar 2019 10:40 #454 by FredHayek

homeagain wrote: www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/201...e-perils/3153479002/

I see, as always, you can NOT SEE the overview....but this article might be helpful. In this most recent development, A PARDON (from the king)is not going to happen. MUELLER is
so far ahead of TRUMP'S tricks, it's child's play.

Still going with that? For those of us who think President Trump is a fascist dictator, the completed Mueller investigation is a great sign that our justice department is willing to indict Republicans and can operate freely. Just like the courts that are able to put holds on his executive orders.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

23 Mar 2019 10:46 #455 by ScienceChic
I knew what you meant chrisd3711! :)

I discovered this quote today, and I'm saving it in my Favorites folder:
“Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought.
To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears.
To be led by a fool is to be led by the opportunists who control the fool.
To be led by a thief is to offer up your most precious treasures to be stolen.
To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies.
To be led by a tyrant is to sell yourself and those you love into slavery.”
― Octavia E. Butler, Parable of the Talent

In reality, this isn't just about Trump. This is about many who are compromised, be it by damning information they would love to remain secret or by corporate or personal bribes.

My hope is that once all is said and done, the law enforcement investigations into the depth and breadth of the corruption in our system (by ANYONE, R, D or Independent alike) are complete and those guilty in a court of law are held accountable for their actions, that we The People buckle down and begin the work to clean it up and begin to repair its dysfunctions. Gerrymandering, voter suppression, election fraud - all need to be addressed by nonpartisan or bipartisan commissions.

We need to begin to unite once again in opposition to our true enemies, those foreign and domestic, who would keep us divided for greed and power. We should be united as Americans first and political affiliation lesser-so, work together through discussion, civility, and compromise, and face the looming problems our world faces in over-population, global warming, and scarcity of natural resources. We have much to do and it can only be done well together.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
The following user(s) said Thank You: parkcobound

23 Mar 2019 14:41 #456 by Rick

ScienceChic wrote: Rick, have you read the report already that you know what's in there will vindicate your position?

(P.S. Y'all should be asking yourselves who funds The Federalist...)

No I haven't read it and don't need to read it to know that Trump did not collude with Russia. I saw the lies that started this investigation from the beginning and unlike most here, I used my common sense to conclude that the people who should be investigated are those who abused their positions of power to take down a president. I will be on here admitting that I was wrong if I am proven wrong... I doubt any of you will do the same.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

23 Mar 2019 16:09 #457 by Brandon
So your worthless opinion is based solely on faith, which you mistakenly refer to as common sense.

24 Mar 2019 14:23 #458 by Pony Soldier
No collusion, no obstruction. It’s over, now apologize and move on.

24 Mar 2019 14:36 #459 by Pony Soldier
<crickets chirping> Just as I figured...

24 Mar 2019 15:09 #460 by homeagain

towermonkey wrote: No collusion, no obstruction. It’s over, now apologize and move on.

www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-03-...bert-mueller-s-probe

READ SECTION ON OBSTRUCTION......it does NOT EXONERATE HIM.....THE QUESTION WILL BE ANSWERED BY OTHER INVESTIGATIONS STILL OPEN.....jmo....there are details
not released that WILL BE DAMAGING AND THOSE DETAILS WILL CREATE A PROBLEM FOR THE TRUMP TEAM.....we have along way to go to find the bottom.....court clashes and poss. constitutional crisis to get to the TRUTH.....wait for it.

Time to create page: 0.366 seconds