Impeachment proceedings against Trump

11 Mar 2019 19:38 #421 by Blazer Bob

ScienceChic wrote: The young representatives would be wise to shut the hell up and learn from an experienced statesman; Pelosi is right to say what she said in the position that she is in. Impeachment should commence when there is sufficient evidence that it's proper to do so, and not before - the SCO is conducting an investigation into whether crimes were committed and about upholding the rule of law, not a witch hunt. The Democrats in Congress should be focusing on what's in their purview as a Constitutional responsibility - acting as a check and balance on the executive branch and conducting investigations into the WH.

House Judiciary Committee Document Requests 3.4.19

Why haven't they requested his tax returns yet?

I am glad and a bit surprised that you are back to the rule of law and waiting foir evidence rather that deciding A Priori that he is GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY.

As to his tax returns, no one really wants them or is entitled to them. It is just a talking point.
Remember Rachael?

LOL. She proved he paid taxes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Mar 2019 22:20 #422 by ScienceChic
BB, I have always been for the rule of law, and always will be; but, that doesn't mean that I don't think he's guilty. The already publicly available information is as plain as day as is his abhorrent behavior and constant lying, I can only imagine what has been intercepted on his unsecured phone calls, voicemails, emails, and messages much less what investigators have dug up on his financial records. I'm not Speaker of the House, so as an ordinary, joe schmoe, Jane Q Public, I can say that's my opinion and it doesn't matter one hill of beans.

I expect our elected representatives to operate by, and be held to, a higher standard. I think that because they haven't been for far too long that that is the root of our problems, along with the pervasive, dark money that has corrupted our political process.

No one wants his tax returns? Have you been Googling that to see what everyone else says? Just because he paid his tax returns doesn't mean that he didn't cheat on them, or didn't omit crucial information that makes him culpable for crimes.

Trump wrong that Americans don't care about his tax returns
Poll: 74 percent want to see Trump's tax returns
Majority of Voters Want Donald Trump to Release Tax Returns: Poll
Voters Really Want to See Donald Trump's Tax Returns
Trump supporters want his tax returns released

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
The following user(s) said Thank You: parkcobound

12 Mar 2019 05:02 #423 by Pony Soldier
I would think the weaponized IRS under Obama (see Henry Kerner, Lois Lerner) would have combed his tax returns for anything possible. I believe this is why BB says nobody cares about tax returns - nobody in congress cares because they either already have them or know whats in them. As to broadcasting your intentions and the rule of law, what about Nadler? He broadcast quite loud and clear that his investigations were in search of evidence for any possible crime, no evidence of a cited crime. Congressional fishing expeditions are unethical and, at worst, may be illegal. See the letter by Representative Collins here:

republicans-judiciary.house.gov/press-re...ault-on-rule-of-law/

12 Mar 2019 07:39 - 12 Mar 2019 17:21 #424 by Brandon

towermonkey wrote: I would think the weaponized IRS under Obama (see Henry Kerner, Lois Lerner) would have combed his tax returns for anything possible.

You also think that Abraham Lincoln threatened to invade states that didn't enforce tariffs.

A good question for the **** in the trump cult is why their idiot king not only broke with four decades of precedent by not releasing his tax returns, but also lied about his reason for not doing so.

12 Mar 2019 08:02 #425 by Pony Soldier
So this is what passes for discourse here? Sheep, Trump Cult, Idiot king??? I've got better things to do than waste time trying to discuss adult topics with children.

12 Mar 2019 08:38 #426 by Brandon

towermonkey wrote: So this is what passes for discourse here? Sheep, Trump Cult, Idiot king??? I've got better things to do than waste time trying to discuss adult topics with children.

Adult topics like the Washington Post's conspiracy to conceal Ruth Bader Ginsburg's death?

12 Mar 2019 09:11 #427 by homeagain
www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-rus...ngress-idUSKBN1QT1BZ

THIS is the reasoning for the timeframe I have indicated…...Q2/3 is the WINDOW OF OPPORTUNITY and I believe the pieces of the puzzle will pull together for it to become a reality.....MUELLER AND SDNY are acutely aware of timing. jmo

12 Mar 2019 09:55 #428 by Pony Soldier

homeagain wrote: www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-rus...ngress-idUSKBN1QT1BZ

THIS is the reasoning for the timeframe I have indicated…...Q2/3 is the WINDOW OF OPPORTUNITY and I believe the pieces of the puzzle will pull together for it to become a reality.....MUELLER AND SDNY are acutely aware of timing. jmo

Wouldn't there also need to be some evidence with which to start an impeachment hearing? If they have evidence that our president is compromised and are holding onto it while he sits in office, doesn't that make them complicit traitors? The much more likely answer is that there is no evidence and this has all been a giant waste of time.

12 Mar 2019 10:14 #429 by Brandon

towermonkey wrote: Wouldn't there also need to be some evidence with which to start an impeachment hearing? If they have evidence that our president is compromised and are holding onto it while he sits in office, doesn't that make them complicit traitors? The much more likely answer is that there is no evidence and this has all been a giant waste of time.

Well, that dramatic exit didn't last very long.

When one is taking down a criminal organization, one makes sure one has an air-tight case before taking action. All of us can see the circumstantial evidence in the form of constant lies and witness tampering, now we just need the law enforcement professionals to take it home.

12 Mar 2019 11:03 #430 by homeagain

towermonkey wrote:

homeagain wrote: www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-rus...ngress-idUSKBN1QT1BZ

Wouldn't there also need to be some evidence with which to start an impeachment hearing? If they have evidence that our president is compromised and are holding onto it while he sits in office, doesn't that make them complicit traitors? The much more likely answer is that there is no evidence and this has all been a giant waste of time.

bolded......when you take the MACRO mindset and review what is occurring...the case has
ALREADY assembled, NOW (march April) the case will be reviewed and a concrete effort to
release the TRUTH will be pursued. WHEN that occurs you (collectively) will see an impassioned impetus for impeachment....jmo

Time to create page: 0.594 seconds