Impeachment proceedings against Trump

29 May 2017 12:44 #1 by ScienceChic
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it." -Mark Twain

I don't know if any of you have been following the development of this, but the allegations have continued to expand from not just the Trump campaign colluding with the Russians for monetary gain and future policy changes if elected but actually formally requesting they interfere in the election to help Trump win, and actively partnering with them/providing data. There is supposedly evidence that foreign interests conducted a massive data hacking and manipulation through social media to sway public opinion through propaganda, and possibly even worse (hacking of voting results? money laundering?).

This is a very troubling time for our nation. This isn't about disliking someone who was voted in that isn't of your party, this is about a possible act of war against the very basis of our democracy by an enemy of our state if these allegations prove true. If not only Trump but Pence and Paul Ryan are caught up in this, as has been alluded to, then we are sitting at the precipice of an unprecedented upcoming power vacuum at the highest levels should impeachment mean the clearing of the entire White House Cabinet and some in Congress - our enemies will undoubtedly try to take advantage during these confusing times.

We need to put country first, party second, and come together as one nation behind truth and justice, whatever that may be.

Donald Trump Sealed Indictment Started With Eric Schneiderman

We have New York State Attorney Eric Schneiderman to thank for the genesis of the sealed indictment against Donald Trump currently being held in the Eastern District of Virginia, which has formed the basis of the case of impeachment already begun against him. This is how that happened:

AG Schneiderman began a case of Enterprise Corruption, the state name for RICO, against Donald Trump. The case was based on the activities of Russian mobsters like Semion Moglievich who lived in Trump Tower, Russian oligarchs, and others.

Upon his own judgement and belief, Scheiderman decided that his case touched both Federal issues, and issues of National Security. He took his case to the Federal authorities.

FISC provided evidence under seal to a Grand Jury, drawn from the Eastern District of Virginia, who read the evidence in a SCIF, a secure facility in the building sealed away from the public.

We reported as fact that the case was intended by prosecutors to form the basis of impeachment. Following the granting of the indictment on Trump, DAG Rosenstein took the matter to the Senate and presented it to lawmakers including Lindsey Graham in closed session.

Trump was then notified by both the other branches that a case of impeachment was commenced against him. I can report as fact that the Sergeant At Arms of the Senate, Frank Larkin, went to the White House on that Wednesday night.

An Overview of the Impeachment Process: www.senate.gov/reference/resources/pdf/98-806.pdf

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
The following user(s) said Thank You: SteveAdams Photos, parkcobound

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 May 2017 19:23 #2 by Blazer Bob
Lions and Tigers and Bears, OH MY.

01 Jun 2017 10:18 #3 by ScienceChic
So you think I'm over-reacting, eh? Well, I look forward to Comey testifying before Congress next week. How about you? :)

Source: Comey to testify publicly about Trump confrontations

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

01 Jun 2017 18:05 #4 by Blazer Bob

ScienceChic wrote: So you think I'm over-reacting, eh? Well, I look forward to Comey testifying before Congress next week. How about you? :)

Source: Comey to testify publicly about Trump confrontations

Oh my, yes. I find the hysteria on the left highly entertaining.

01 Jun 2017 18:31 #5 by ScienceChic
I came across as hysterical? Drat, I was going for calm and collected while posting links for additional information while asking questions and not making absolute statements of anything that would happen or that I wanted to happen. :) Did you by chance read through what I posted? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

01 Jun 2017 18:41 #6 by Blazer Bob

ScienceChic wrote: I came across as hysterical? Drat, I was going for calm and collected while posting links for additional information while asking questions and not making absolute statements of anything that would happen or that I wanted to happen. :) Did you by chance read through what I posted? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Sorry, I was not grouping you in that, although you do make a pretty good cat's paw. As I told you years ago that in the fullness of life you will become a republican or libertarian and that my friend is meant as a complement.

01 Jun 2017 18:53 #7 by ScienceChic
I appreciate that compliment, though I have my doubts it will come to pass. I seem to be getting more radicalized as I grow older, less willing to put up with BS I'm seeing from our representatives not taking care of our citizens. :)

So if the "hysteria" comes to pass and Trump and his associates are brought to trial, and if they are found guilty, will the left's words and actions be justified and the name-calling stop?

As Jim Wright often says, which I wholeheartedly agree with, "You want better government, be better citizens" (his latest reiteration of this was warning his followers to not post the Kathy Griffin image or he'd immediately boot them out his airlock without further warning). How can we hold our representatives to a higher standard if we citizens can't even have a civil dialog about the issues that affect us all? I'm asking this rhetorically, not saying that you are guilty of this by any means BB.

The following user(s) said Thank You: parkcobound

01 Jun 2017 19:07 #8 by Blazer Bob

ScienceChic wrote: I appreciate that compliment, though I have my doubts it will come to pass. I seem to be getting more radicalized as I grow older, less willing to put up with BS I'm seeing from our representatives not taking care of our citizens. :)

Ya see, you are already starting. I have been discussed with both parties since at least at least 1992 when I voted for Perot.

I do not want to rehash the last 2 years but that sentiment is exactly why Trump was elected.

Comey's testimony will be a big nothing burger.

01 Jun 2017 23:26 #10 by ScienceChic
Ha! A friend of mine shared that on FB earlier, my reply was this:
Donald Trump: "covfefe"

:coolwink:

Time to create page: 0.381 seconds