Impeachment proceedings against Trump

02 Jun 2017 18:44 #11 by ScienceChic
Stonekettle (@Stonekettle)
6/2/17, 1:54 PM
This is not the sort of thing innocent people who haven't been colluding with Russia do. Invalid consumer key/secret in configuration

Jennifer Jacobs (@JenniferJJacobs)
6/2/17, 1:22 PM
White House confirms: They are reviewing whether to invoke executive privilege to prevent Comey from testifying before a congress next week

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Jun 2017 20:46 #12 by Blazer Bob

ScienceChic wrote: Stonekettle (@Stonekettle)
6/2/17, 1:54 PM
This is not the sort of thing innocent people who haven't been colluding with Russia do. Invalid consumer key/secret in configuration

Jennifer Jacobs (@JenniferJJacobs)
6/2/17, 1:22 PM
White House confirms: They are reviewing whether to invoke executive privilege to prevent Comey from testifying before a congress next week

Nothing burger about a nothing burger. The StoneKettle guy plays the left like Ann Coulter plays the right.

02 Jun 2017 23:19 #13 by ScienceChic
His isn't the important Tweet, Jennifer Jacobs' is. Are you okay with the WH trying to prevent Comey from testifying?

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

03 Jun 2017 09:38 #14 by Blazer Bob

ScienceChic wrote: His isn't the important Tweet, Jennifer Jacobs' is. Are you okay with the WH trying to prevent Comey from testifying?

I will not bother to give it any thought at all unless it actually happens. You can cry wolf only so many times before people stop listening.

"Carr: Examples of fake news? How much time you got?"...

www.bostonherald.com/news/columnists/how...ow_much_time_you_got

08 Jun 2017 21:31 #15 by Blazer Bob

ScienceChic wrote: So you think I'm over-reacting, eh? Well, I look forward to Comey testifying before Congress next week. How about you? :)

Source: Comey to testify publicly about Trump confrontations

How about now? Even Chris sees a nothingburger.

www.washingtonexaminer.com/chris-matthew...mony/article/2625372

16 Jun 2017 12:28 - 17 Jun 2017 18:17 #16 by ScienceChic
I think a lot of people heard what they wanted to hear . But what hit me the hardest was that Comey announced at least twice, in no uncertain terms, that he is absolutely certain that the Russian government interfered in our election process. To me, that should bother every American, Trump supporter or not. Is the U.S. innocent when it comes to meddling/interfering in foreign elections? No, but I'd bet that like many of my fellow Americans, we don't condone that type of action our leaders take behind closed doors and secretly. And them interfering in ours is unacceptable.
What James Comey Meant by ‘Fuzz’

Comey said that Trump wasn't (past tense) personally under investigation, that doesn't mean that he isn't now. I'll bet that impeachment proceedings will be underway by the end of the year.

Robert Mueller Chooses His Investigatory Dream Team
Garrett M. Graff
6/14/17

As Mueller begins investigating Russia’s interference in last year’s election and its possible links to Donald Trump’s campaign, he is quietly recruiting lawyers and staff to the team. And in recent days, Trump associates have stepped up criticism of Mueller and his team—including a report, quickly rejected by the White House, that Trump is considering firing Mueller before he even gets started.

Tuesday morning on Good Morning America, Newt Gingrich blasted Mueller and his still-forming team. “These are bad people,” Newt Gingrich told George Stephanopoulos. “I’m very dubious of the team.”

But that criticism flies in the face of widespread, bipartisan acclaim for the team. In fact, just a day earlier, on the same program, former Whitewater prosecutor Ken Starr praised Mueller at length. “I don’t think there’s a legitimate concern about Bob Mueller,” Starr said, explaining that the former FBI director was “honest as the day is long.”

From the list of hires, it’s clear, in fact, that Mueller is recruiting perhaps the most high-powered and experienced team of investigators ever assembled by the Justice Department.

And there's rumblings that Trump is threatening to fire Mueller - he does and he's toast.

BREAKING: Special Counsel Subpoenas Trump Bank Accounts, Phone Calls, Trump Threatens To Fire Him

Special Counsel Robert S. Mueller’s decision to personally go after Trump for possible criminal acts and obstruction of justice has marked a turning point in the Russia collusion investigation, which until recently has only focused on Russia’s meddling into the 2016 presidential election.

Now – Mueller has issued subpoenas of President Trump’s personal bank accounts, along with his phone records. Since it’s an official court order, refusal to comply can result in contempt of court charge, punishable by jail, a fine, or both.

The move is expected to put Trump’s personal finances under a microscope. So far, Trump has been the only president in recent history to refuse to divulge his tax returns.

Aides close to the president indicated he’s “furious,” and is threatening to fire Mueller. Trump doesn’t believe Mueller is conducting an impartial investigation of him and accused Mueller of conducting a “witch hunt.” Everyone close to the president is strongly advising against the move, and say that it would prompt a “nuclear bomb” to go off in Washington, making Trump’s impeachment for obstruction of justice that much more likely.

30 Jun 2017 23:31 #17 by Blazer Bob

ScienceChic wrote: I appreciate that compliment, though I have my doubts it will come to pass. I seem to be getting more radicalized as I grow older, less willing to put up with BS I'm seeing from our representatives not taking care of our citizens. :)

So if the "hysteria" comes to pass and Trump and his associates are brought to trial, and if they are found guilty, will the left's words and actions be justified and the name-calling stop?

As Jim Wright often says, which I wholeheartedly agree with, "You want better government, be better citizens" (his latest reiteration of this was warning his followers to not post the Kathy Griffin image or he'd immediately boot them out his airlock without further warning). How can we hold our representatives to a higher standard if we citizens can't even have a civil dialog about the issues that affect us all? I'm asking this rhetorically, not saying that you are guilty of this by any means BB.

He is right. Be a better citizen. See through the bullshit. Don't be duped.

"THE NEW YORK TIMES PLACED A BOMBSHELL OF A CORRECTION AT THE BOTTOM OF A PESSIMISTIC PIECE ON PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP THURSDAY.
EDITOR’S NOTE: Over the past 48 hours, every, single bit of the Trump-Russia collusion narrative has collapsed. Project Veritas has released multiple videos catching CNN employees on video admitting the whole thing is a ‘nothing burger’. Today we hear that the famed ’17 intelligence agencies’ cited ad nauseum by Hillary Clinton and the fake news media were, how do you say, just made up.

A previous version of Monday’s story by Maggie Haberman, titled “Trump’s Deflections and Denials on Russia Frustrate Even His Allies,” made reference to the “17 intelligence agencies” that have supposedly all concurred in the assessment of Russian hacking in the 2016 presidential race."...

www.nowtheendbegins.com/17-intelligence-...ia-turned-fake-news/

02 Jul 2017 00:04 #18 by ScienceChic
If that were the only source and the only story, I'd've dismissed it long ago; but, it's not. Still patiently waiting to see what transpires, Watergate took 20 months. I suspect this won't because they were already investigating him before he was elected, and despite this one story retraction, the investigation continues. Mueller wouldn't still be adding lawyers to his team if he weren't.

Claude Taylor‏ @TrueFactsStated 4 hours ago

Trump is preparing his base not to believe whatever's coming. Fine. He can keep 30%. The rest of us know he's a traitorous scumbag.

Op-Ed in the NYT:
The President Versus ‘Fake News,’ Again
Bret Stephens
JUNE 29, 2017

Of those from whom little is expected, much is forgiven. And of those from whom much is expected, little is forgiven. Such are the standards by which Donald Trump’s deliberate assaults on the news media need to be understood and feared.

CNN’s sin is to have published a story, based on anonymous sourcing, which alleged that New York financier and Trump ally Anthony Scaramucci had ties to a Russian investment fund supposedly under investigation by the Senate.

The story failed to undergo CNN’s usual vetting procedures and was later retracted. For good measure, the three journalists behind the story resigned and the network apologized to Scaramucci, who was gracious in accepting it.

As for this White House, graciousness becomes it about as well as napalm becomes an igloo. Yet before dismissing Trump’s rants as evidence of his mental state, it’s worth taking them seriously as proof of political acumen. On Monday, Gallup released its latest annual survey on confidence in institutions: It found that confidence in the presidency had fallen since last summer, to 32 percent from 36 percent.

That may be bad news for Trump, but it compares well against the 24 percent confidence level in TV news and 27 percent newspapers (though both are a bit up over a year ago). Among Republicans, just 14 percent of respondents had confidence in TV news, and just 12 percent in newspapers, but 60 percent had confidence in the presidency.

If nothing else, Trump has the bully’s cunning to pick on a target more unpopular than he is.

So, CNN screwed up, apologized, retracted the story, and fired the reporters. They held themselves accountable for their mistakes. Has Trump done any such thing with the lies he continues to spout?

Trump: A True Story
By David A. Fahrenthold and Robert O’Harrow Jr.
August 10, 2016

The lawyer gave Donald Trump a note, written in Trump’s own handwriting. He asked Trump to read it aloud.

Trump may not have realized it yet, but he had walked into a trap.

For the first of many times that day, Trump was about to be caught saying something that wasn’t true.

Trump had brought it on himself. He had sued a reporter, accusing him of being reckless and dishonest in a book that raised questions about Trump’s net worth. The reporter’s attorneys turned the tables and brought Trump in for a deposition.

For two straight days, they asked Trump question after question that touched on the same theme: Trump’s honesty.

The lawyers confronted the mogul with his past statements — and with his company’s internal documents, which often showed those statements had been incorrect or invented. The lawyers were relentless. Trump, the bigger-than-life mogul, was vulnerable — cornered, out-prepared and under oath.

Thirty times, they caught him.

When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time (Maya Angelou). Trump is a pathological liar. What else is he lying about?

04 Jul 2017 19:35 #19 by Blazer Bob
" Back to Videos
David Brooks: "Getting Uncomfortable" About Lack of Evidence Of Collusion Between Trump And Russia; "Getting Ahead Of Ourselves"...

www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2017/06/...ad_of_ourselves.html

06 Jul 2017 21:49 #20 by ScienceChic
As I said earlier, these things take time. We've gotten used to a 24/7 news cycle and instant gratification but complex investigations require digging into leads, carefully reviewing evidence, interviewing witnesses, following new leads from that, etc. Considering the potential magnitude this has, I'm not surprised at all that there's nothing officially public yet; Trump's only been in office for just over 5 months. This isn't corroborated so I take it with a huge grain of salt, but this could also explain why we've heard nothing if true: Why FBI Can’t Tell All on Trump, Russia.

What is publicly known: Mueller's team investigating this issue. Who he's brought on speaks volumes.
Mueller’s all-star legal team in Russia probe signals direction of investigation
By Andrea Noble - The Washington Times - Tuesday, July 4, 2017

As a federal prosecutor in the 1990s, Andrew Weissmann persuaded mobsters to break the Mafia code and testify against their brothers in crime, winning a conviction against Genovese family boss Vincent “the Chin” Gigante.

Later, as he headed the Justice Department’s Enron task force, his ability to persuade key witnesses to testify about what they saw on the inside helped secure a series of convictions.

Ten of the 12 lawyers on Mr. Mueller’s team have been revealed... analysts say the team is full of legal stars, including Mr. Weissmann, who have the skills and experience to handle the investigation fairly — wherever it leads.

They include a former Watergate prosecutor, an experienced Supreme Court litigator, a former FBI counterterrorism agent, a prosecutor with experience in organized crime cases and the head of the Justice Department’s public corruption unit in Manhattan.

Time to create page: 0.389 seconds