Impeachment proceedings against Trump

23 Dec 2017 12:10 #91 by Rick
We've now surpassed a year of this story which was fueled by the fake dossier (which may have been used to obtain warrants to spy on Americans)... I have to wonder what the majority of the media will be focused on in 2018. Will we get another full year of Trump collusion investigation or even longer if Pelosi got her wish? If it turns out (as I believe) that there was no Trump/Russia collusion, will this go down as the biggest news media waste of time in US history? I'm betting it will.

Merry Christmas, see you next year!

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Dec 2017 20:05 #92 by FredHayek
What will the poor media do if President Trump gets forced out? Their ratings will tumble without the Donald to lead every newscast and talk show with! Cannot imagine President Pence starting out the day with such savage tweets.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

30 Dec 2017 09:50 #93 by Rick
I think the more likely question is, how will the leftist media recover their credibility as journalists if they waste another year covering a story that was born from a fake pile of BS? They are completely ignoring the surging economy and stock market hoping that one of the pro-Hillary investigators actually finds something to nail Trump with. Anyone with a tiny handful of braincells knows that if there was something, it would have been leaked a year ago by someone. Oh well, journalism died quite a while ago anyway so this is all just confirmation that even a leftist should be able to discern.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

31 Dec 2017 14:51 #94 by ScienceChic
What pile of BS Rick? So far there’ve been 4 indictments and 2 guilty pleas, after at least two sitting grand juries have reviewed evidence presented to them and deemed them credible enough to warrant official court proceedings to move forward. There are several indictments still sealed that may very well be forthcoming from this investigation, so I’m curious as to what exactly you deem BS.

I may not be the smartest cookie in the jar, but it has also occurred to me that none of these indictments were leaked before the four defendants were brought in (Papadapoulous being a complete surprise even to those who’ve supposedly got inside sources). My tiny handful of brain cells comes to a logical conclusion that the team running this investigation are consummate professionals who know how to keep their mouths shut and that’s why we’ve not heard any further leaks, but like I said, I’m not the brightest bulb so what do I know. :silly:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

31 Dec 2017 15:56 #95 by hillfarmer
If you are willing to suspend moral and rational judgement and only use the right wing media filter, then of course this is nothing but smoke and mirrors perpetuated by the evil left wing. The great Trump behind the curtain can do nothing wrong and is simply the victim of a vast conspiracy.:caribouxmas

01 Jan 2018 09:56 #96 by ramage
"Moral Judgement" in an investigation by special counsel? Really?

01 Jan 2018 11:11 #97 by Rick

ScienceChic wrote: What pile of BS Rick? So far there’ve been 4 indictments and 2 guilty pleas, after at least two sitting grand juries have reviewed evidence presented to them and deemed them credible enough to warrant official court proceedings to move forward. There are several indictments still sealed that may very well be forthcoming from this investigation, so I’m curious as to what exactly you deem BS.

I may not be the smartest cookie in the jar, but it has also occurred to me that none of these indictments were leaked before the four defendants were brought in (Papadapoulous being a complete surprise even to those who’ve supposedly got inside sources). My tiny handful of brain cells comes to a logical conclusion that the team running this investigation are consummate professionals who know how to keep their mouths shut and that’s why we’ve not heard any further leaks, but like I said, I’m not the brightest bulb so what do I know. :silly:

What do those indictments and guilty pleas have to do with Trump colluding with Russia?

Let me ask you this SC, if Hillary had won and the same collusion charge was leveled against her with the exact same evidence, and it was later discovered that lead investigators were actively trying to take her out and were Trump supporters, would that have bothered you?

One of us is going to be right when it comes to Trump being impeached for collusion... I'll be curious to see what you and the worthless media will say if this never touches him... will you accept the conclusion? I've never been a fan of Trump but I am enjoying the hysteria and the doom and gloom predictions that the left continues to fail at.

George Orwell

01 Jan 2018 11:25 #98 by FredHayek

hillfarmer wrote: If you are willing to suspend moral and rational judgement and only use the right wing media filter, then of course this is nothing but smoke and mirrors perpetuated by the evil left wing. The great Trump behind the curtain can do nothing wrong and is simply the victim of a vast conspiracy.:caribouxmas

Do you think the Democrat Party doesn't do the same things? The problem with a special prosecutor is that they will keep digging and digging until they find something. Remember Bill Clinton and Whitewater? Came down to sex in the oval office with a young intern. They will find something but will it truly be high crimes? If they really did something wrong, I think the investigation would have already gone to America with the evidence instead of just picking off outliers and fired staff members.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

02 Jan 2018 20:19 #99 by ScienceChic

Rick wrote: Let me ask you this SC, if Hillary had won and the same collusion charge was leveled against her with the exact same evidence, and it was later discovered that lead investigators were actively trying to take her out and were Trump supporters, would that have bothered you?

One of us is going to be right when it comes to Trump being impeached for collusion... I'll be curious to see what you and the worthless media will say if this never touches him... will you accept the conclusion? I've never been a fan of Trump but I am enjoying the hysteria and the doom and gloom predictions that the left continues to fail at.

If Hillary had won and the same charge and evidence was leveled, yes, I would want to see this brought to trial. The lead investigators on the multiple Benghazi investigations were against her and actively trying to take her out, yet I didn't see anyone complaining who was all for those wastes of taxpayer dollars and time (after the first one exonerated her).

Robert Mueller is a Republican and a decorated war veteran whose choice to lead the Special Counsel was lauded on both sides of the aisle when this investigation began. Funny how no one had an issue with him until indictments started getting handed down and people started realizing that this could actually affect them. This investigation wasn't started because of the Steele dossier and if that's what you still think, you need to do some more digging. This is also bigger than Trump, as he's just a symptom of the larger problem.

Here's what I think you haven't considered: we've all spoken here for years about how corrupt Washington is, and that goes for both sides of the aisle. This investigation encompasses hundreds of people and is international in scope, and that's why it's taking so long and has both Republicans and Democrats shaking in their boots. I hope it clears out all of the trash. And when it's all done (the trials for which will take years), I look forward to a reset of both parties with moderates leading who understand that we must work together to fight our common enemies and together to solve our common problems. The divisive rhetoric has to stop, the manipulation of people through social media platforms needs to be addressed, and the weaknesses/exploits in our voting processes absolutely needs to be taken care of before the next election.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

03 Jan 2018 13:33 #100 by Rick
The fact is SC, that Hillary was being investigated by Hillary supporters... hardly a shocker that they didn't indict her on anything. The other fact is that she did indeed lie to the FBI about having classified material on her unsecured server and it was just discovered that emails MARKED CLASSIFIED were on Huma's laptop and forwarded to the Wiener. Flynn gets prosecuted for lying yet nothing for Hillary and her dirtbags. The double standard is obvious to anyone who isn't a Democrat it seems.

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds