Impeachment proceedings against Trump

09 Feb 2018 15:26 #131 by Rick
So much more information coming out about this investigation and I have to ask a couple questions that only require a yes, no, or I don't know answers.

Do you, (especially those who think Trump is guilty of collusion with Russia) believe the FISA warrant to spy on Carter Page was obtained honestly and appropriately according to the strict standards that should be followed? If your answer is yes, then you must trust that your sources listed in this thread are giving you all the information needed to make that determination. If your answer is "I don't know", then you should be looking for more information from sources that are actually raising questions as to the legitimacy of that FISA warrant... are you?: If your answer, like mine, is no, then you can't possibly be convinced that this investigation is anything but fatally flawed from the start.

One common thread I've found in these discussions is that it's rare for anyone to stick their neck out and really take a stand on what they believe because they may be proven wrong as actual evidence comes to light. I'm not afraid of being wrong and am always willing to make a stand on any subject where I know the truth will eventually come out and be 100% provable (not like climate change where we will all be dead by the time the doomsday predictions come true, or don't).

I believe the real collusion was between top people in one or more of the following:
The FBI
The DOJ
The Clinton administration
The Obama administration
The left wing media

All because of the fear that Donald J Trump would become president and when that fear became a reality, the collusion to destroy him continued at full speed.

I'm not asking you to answer this question with pages of opinions from others or "facts" presented by these people to justify your answer, I'm just asking you to go on record and answer the question in your own words. Again, it can be yes, no, or I don't know, or you can elaborate IN YOUR OWN WORDS.

Thanks in advance for your honest answers.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell
The following user(s) said Thank You: spurlde

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Feb 2018 15:53 #132 by Carrie
Yes. I believe in Justice, rather than Legal. There is often no correlation between the two. Nice of you to tell others not to bother with long justifications of their positions. You didn't adhere to your own guidelines.

12 Feb 2018 15:04 #133 by FredHayek
Democrat leadership is trying to stifle impeachment talk. Not only would the GOP House have to approve it, but two thirds of the GOP controlled Senate would have to also. And while I think the House will be flipped after the midterms, I cannot see the Senate going the same way. Only one third of them are up for reelection right now and most of those seats are already Democrat. Not realistic at all.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

12 Feb 2018 21:35 #134 by chrisd3711
And then we end up with Pence as our new President? He scares me more than Trump - he reads!

15 Feb 2018 13:13 #135 by Rick

Carrie wrote: Yes. I believe in Justice, rather than Legal. There is often no correlation between the two. Nice of you to tell others not to bother with long justifications of their positions. You didn't adhere to your own guidelines.

Do you believe in innocent until proven guilty? Do you believe in evidence? Do you believe everything the media tells you, especially when they have an ax to grind? I don't mind long justifications as long as it's not long copy and paste articles from biased "journalists". If you know the subject well and have done your own research, you should easily be able to summarize how Trump colluded with the Russians and how the FBI, DOJ, Obama administration, and Clinton campaign did everything legal and by the book. Sorry, I don't think you or anyone else here can.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

15 Feb 2018 20:09 - 18 Feb 2018 11:05 #136 by Blazer Bob
You can sneer at he source but IMO she is just a right wing version of Jim Wright. .

townhall.com/columnists/anncoulter/2018/...y-of-a-coup-n2449461

Every place you look in Robert Mueller's investigation, the same names keep popping up: FBI agent Peter Strzok and sleazy, foreign private eye -- or "British intelligence agent" -- Christopher Steele.

So it's rather important that they both are Trump-hating fanatics, and one was being paid by Trump's political opponent in a presidential campaign.

Steele is the author of the preposterous dossier that sparked the special counsel investigation, and Strzok is the FBI agent involved at every crucial turn of both the Trump and Hillary investigations.

As we found out from the House Intelligence memo, Steele told Department of Justice official Bruce Ohr that he "was desperate that Donald Trump not get elected and was passionate about him not being president." (Ohr's wife worked for Fusion GPS, and, like Steele, was being paid by the Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee.)

townhall.com/columnists/anncoulter/2018/...y-of-a-coup-n2449461

16 Feb 2018 13:49 #137 by FredHayek
The Mueller indictments today against the Russians were quick to point to no evidence of collusion with the Trump campaign.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

16 Feb 2018 14:04 #138 by ScienceChic
Except for this:

Schiff: House Russia probe has evidence of collusion, obstruction
BY BRETT SAMUELS - 02/15/18

Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) said Wednesday that the House Intelligence Committee has an “abundance” of information that is not yet public, including evidence that President Trump's campaign colluded with Russia and that his administration obstructed justice.

“There is certainly an abundance of non-public information that we’ve gathered in the investigation. And I think some of that non-public evidence is evidence on the issue of collusion and some ... on the issue of obstruction,” Schiff said, according to The Guardian.

Schiff has sought the release of a Democratic countermemo, but Trump blocked its release last week. Schiff has vowed not to revise the document, despite White House requests to do so.

And was it a surprise that Trump refused to release the Democratic memo? I wish the FBI/DOJ would have released a comment on that like they did the Nunes memo, because I'd like to know if they feel that it contains classified material that isn't suitable for the public.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

17 Feb 2018 08:47 #139 by ramage
Having read the indictment, I am waiting for the other shoe to drop. That is the indictment and arrest of "Boris & Natasha", those nefarious Russian agents, nemeses of Rocky and Bullwinkle.

17 Feb 2018 09:01 #140 by ramage
WSJ 2/17/2018:

“The 37-page indictment contains no evidence of collusion between Russia and the Trump campaign, but it does show a systematic effort to discredit the result of the 2016 election. On the evidence so far, President Trump has been the biggest victim of that effort, and he ought to be furious at Vladimir Putin.
Readers of the indictment will be amused at the comic opera details. In or around June 2016, for example, Russians posing online as Americans “communicated with a real U.S. person affiliated with a Texas-based grassroots organization.” This “real U.S. person” vouchsafed the deep political secret that the Russians “should focus their activities on ‘purple states like Colorado, Virginia & Florida.’” Sure enough, the Russians thereafter referred to targeting “purple states.” Someone actually paid Russians to collect this insight.
The indictment also makes us wonder what the Obama Administration was doing amid all of this. Where were top Obama spooks James Clapper and John Brennan? Their outrage became public only after their candidate lost the election. If they didn’t know what was going on, why not? And if they did, why didn’t they let Americans in on the secret? President Obama sanctioned Russia for its meddling only after the election.”

As in my earlier post: look no further than Boris and Natasha.

The WSJ editorial is behind a firewall. I can post it in its entirety if requested and if it does not violate forum rules.

Time to create page: 0.649 seconds