Impeachment proceedings against Trump

01 Feb 2018 16:42 #121 by Rick
One more thing while I'm at it SC... do you find it highly unlikely that proven Hillary supporters and Trump haters in the FBI and DOJ could not have engaged in any unethical behavior when it comes to both the Hillary and Trump investigations? If they did, do you not think that is worse than Watergate?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Feb 2018 18:25 #122 by ScienceChic

Rick wrote: Show me your evidence of collusion SC, surely your fine sources have some, otherwise you wouldn't have started a thread that presumes Trump will get impeached.
As for people around him being charged for crimes not related to the topic (collusion), that's like saying Hillary is guilty of something because of people around her getting charged (like Wiener). Show me some substance or continue with your CNN obsessive bullshit. Sorry SC, I like you but you lack of facts as a scientist is very puzzling.

The Slime isn't being revealed to your sources evidently, but soon even they will have to start admitting this whole thing was corrupt from the beginning (and I'm not talking about Trump). I'll admit I was wrong if proven so, will you?

Are you kidding me? ROFL. Dude, I have posted evidence, and as Otis has in his sig, "I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you." You can spend the time and effort reading the copious info I've provided (and I'm pretty sure none, or very little, of which has come from CNN) and think/decide for yourself because me posting more seems like you want me to waste my time. Discuss in detail what I've provided instead of asking me to show you more, or to simply sum up in my own words - I have already.

I like you too Rick, but it seems to me that you are not keeping an open-mind or thinking critically about any of this (and that is the whole effort behind Russia's efforts to divide us - they sow confusion, misinformation targeted to raising emotions and partisanship, and seek to divide left and right. They target both sides, it's up to us to recognize the effects and come together to solve problems despite that). FBI and DOJ agents will run the gamut politically, and while there will be a few bad ones as there are in any organization, on the whole they are dedicated professionals who take their jobs seriously and conduct themselves with integrity and honesty. Despite their personal beliefs, they do their job. As John Schindler has posted on his Twitter account, "Anyone who believes the #FBI is a conspiratorial den of Hillary-loving lefties has had ZERO interaction with the actual #FBI." Did you know that Strzok co-wrote the memo with Comey saying that the investigation be re-opened into Hillary's emails, and it was that investigation that cost her the election?

Whether we as a nation acknowledge it or not, we are in a war with Russia. They know we are weaker if we are divided so they stoke people's fears with false information/propaganda and even silly memes about Hillary, Black Lives Matter, the NFL players kneeling, Obama, and more. They've capitalized on the partisanship that has been developing over decades and seek to widen it further until we are paralyzed with inner bickering. We cannot fall prey to these efforts. We are Americans first and only together can we get through this. We have to have faith in our systems, and in our Constitutional processes. Trust that there are far more patriots working for our government who love our country and are fighting to save it from a corrupt few who've been compromised by an even worse foreign government. Good lord, even I've been doxxed simply for posting this thread, and the number of fake foreign accounts trying to sign up here daily (and we've got this site blocked from even being able to access anywhere except North America) is shocking and I'm no one in the grand scheme of things - imagine the pressure on those who are involved in this investigation, Congress, the FBI, DOJ, White House, media, etc. Those who are corrupted will seek to subvert our processes for their own benefit, and to hide the truth. There's no shadowy conspiracy theory here - simply look at individuals actions and ask yourself if that's how an innocent man/woman who truly purports to uphold the Constitution of the United States of America would act. If not, they are suspect. If they are trying to remove leaders, stop legal investigations, delay court proceedings, suppress vetted information, put out false information, and attack our very institutions, they are suspect. I don't care what political party they align with, if they are doing these things they are suspect.

We are in for a rough time ahead. I will not forsake my brothers and sisters, conservative or liberal, for you will always come first over the enemy to our democracy.

If the great American people will only keep their temper, on both sides of the line, the troubles will come to an end, and the question which now distracts the country will be settled just as surely as all other difficulties of like character which have originated in this government have been adjusted. ~Abraham Lincoln

The greatest good we can do our country is to heal its party divisions and make them one people. ~Thomas Jefferson, letter to John Dickinson, July 23, 1801

A house divided against itself cannot stand. ~Abraham Lincoln

The Constitution is never tested during times of tranquility; it is during times of tension, turmoil, tragedy, trauma, and terrorism that it is sorely tested. ~Mike Honda

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

02 Feb 2018 09:41 #123 by Rick
SC, if there was actual collusion, there would be someone out there pointing to it instead of assuming there was based on a bullshit dossier. And it's not the entire FBI and DOJ, it's upper management.. the people with all the power. You may think the FISA warrant was legit, but I'm pretty sure we are all going to find out very soon that it was politically corrupt. The FBI very likely used a made up dossier paid for by the Clinton campaign to spy on the Trump campaign. If you don't think that's possible, you should ask yourself why it's not possible given the amount of hatred pretty much everybody on both sides had for Trump.

If there was real collusion and not just Russia meddling, every news outlet would be parading that smoking gun around like a prize kill, but they don't have it, that's why they have shifted to obstruction. Again, show me the actual evidence of collusion, because you seem to be the only person I know of that has it.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

02 Feb 2018 10:18 #124 by ScienceChic
NBC News Verified account @NBCNews 9 minutes ago
BREAKING: White House returns the memo to committee, stamps “declassified by order of the president,” per conference call with House Intel staff; documents to be posted “imminently,” and include “supporting documents.” -

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

02 Feb 2018 10:29 #125 by ScienceChic
Nicolle Wallace Verified account @NicolleDWallace 2 hours ago

Some are missing a plot piece in memogate - Carter Page was under surveillance in 2013. Hired by Trump after that. The dossier came into existence after that. Why are republicans and the WH more desperate to smear FBI than find out whether Page was part of a criminal conspiracy?

Greg Fish‏ @GregAFish
9:33 AM - 2 Feb 2018

This is a diagram of the @DevinNunes memo by Vox. There are exactly two problems with it. One, Page was bragging about being in contact with Russian spies since 2013, when he was parading as a big shot in the oil business, more than two years before Trump announced his candidacy.

Two, the Steele dossier being a Clinton venture was debunked about a hundred times now. It was originally funded by the very conservative Washington Free Beacon, and eventually taken over by a Democratic donor who never made use of it... freebeacon.com/uncategorized/fusion-gps-washington-free-beacon/

In case you don't remember, many top conservatives hated Trump right up until he became the party's nominee, which is exactly when the Free Beacon cut off the funding spigot on the dossier. Marc Elias also cut the funding after Clinton lost the election, never using the info.

Does @DevinNunes really think the FBI ignored Page telling everyone how many Russian spies he was meeting for almost four years, but an oppo dossier Clinton somehow funded through a hostile right wing publication until the RNC shook them out of their stupor and they lied to ...get a FISA warrant through a panel of judges and officials so gullible, or so pro-Clinton, they didn't ask for any justification or thought that Page's bragging about being scouted as an SVR asset wasn't a reason to monitor him, but Steele's raw intel nuggets were? Seriously?

Because this is exactly what he's suggesting. This is Uranium One all over again. If you ignore literally 90% of the backstory, as well as who was involved and why, it sounds suspicious, but if you do ten minutes of research, the whole conspiracy theory begins to fall apart.

https://twitter.com/GregAFish/status/959464732661989376

02 Feb 2018 12:21 #126 by ScienceChic
The memo: www.justsecurity.org/wp-content/uploads/...0-20180129-SD001.pdf

Ted Lieu Verified account @tedlieu 1 hour ago

More Ted Lieu Retweeted Yahoo News
On #MemoDay we have a NOTHING BURGER! What does the misleading #NunesMemo NOT SAY?
-Doesn't say relevant parts of Dossier are false
-Doesn't say Russia investigation based on Dossier
-Doesn't say no probable cause for Carter Page
-Doesn't say @FBI / DOJ violated any specific law
www.yahoo.com/news/read-gop-apos-controv...ecret-171824689.html

Renato Mariotti Verified account @renato_mariotti 1 hour ago

The Nunes memo is a dud. I'm surprised it has generated so much attention. There's nothing much to it.

I'll write a thread about it, but the memo itself is trying to make something out of very little.

THREAD: What should we make of the Nunes memo? (Short answer: Not much.)

https://twitter.com/renato_mariotti/status/959485307384102913

Jared Yates Sexton Verified account @JYSexton 1 hour ago

So the Nunes Memo is even more underwhelming and transparent than anyone could have expected, but let's not forget the lengths Republicans went to to try and obstruct justice. 1/

https://twitter.com/JYSexton/status/959482889275625473

02 Feb 2018 14:49 #127 by ramage
SC,
Here is the link to the House Memo:
intelligence.house.gov/uploadedfiles/mem...ite_house_letter.pdf

Please read it and tell us your opinion rather than posting the opinions of others.

05 Feb 2018 13:39 #128 by Rick
If the precedent is set where unvetted opposition research (made up hot garbage) can be presented and accepted by a FISA judge to spy on Americans, we are in big trouble. And if Popodopolis was the main reason for this whole investigation, why no wire tap on him? Way too many fishy and unethical actions to just blow this off and trust the last administration.

And I'll say it one more time, if there was ANY evidence that Trump colluded with Russia, CNN and all the rest of you resistors would be parading up and down the streets demanding impeachment. But as it stands, only half wit morons like Maxine Waters are doing that based on nothing but pure hysterical hatred. You can hate the guy, but that doesn't equate to factual evidence.

George Orwell

06 Feb 2018 08:44 #129 by hillfarmer
Thanks for your willingness to respond with facts to vitriol and misinformation, Science Chic. It is indeed a perilous for our republic and we cannot be bowed by this relentless attack on free speech and science. Keep up the good work.

06 Feb 2018 10:22 #130 by ScienceChic
Sorry guys, I fell asleep in the middle of typing my message last night. Without further ado...

Thank you for the link ramage, the first one I had posted was also the memo in its entirety and I had read it. My opinion mirrors that which I posted from others. It has since been reported that Nunes didn't even read the underlying classified FISA documents, and he had someone else draft this memo. Is that correct? If so, this charade of his is a poorly veiled attempt at politicizing classified information solely for political purposes and not how the House Intelligence Committee Chair should be conducting himself.

Not only did Papadopoulos brag to the wrong people about being contacted by the Russians with dirt on Clinton, but there's this: Carter Page Touted Kremlin Contacts in 2013 Letter

Also in relation to the Nunes memo, the House Intelligence Committee has now voted unanimously to release the Democratic response memo. It goes to Trump who must decide within 5 days whether he approves its release or not.

Rick, I'm uncertain as to why you keep thinking that just because we haven't heard much coming out of the investigation that it means nothing is happening or tone hat it's inconsequential and should be dismissed? I see quite a few people on Twitter calling for impeachment on a regular basis (Claude Taylor, @TrueFactsStated, has been raising donations to purchase billboards to put up in areas across the country of key races, and has one with the words "Impeachment Now," but that's of little matter to the investigation at hand frankly). I started this thread with the title of "impeachment proceedings against Trump" because there was in fact articles of impeachment brought against the president by a Congressman (now two). That is a fact, not simply my opinion on the matter.

Hmm, my sources said this months ago...
BOB MUELLER’S INVESTIGATION IS LARGER—AND FURTHER ALONG—THAN YOU THINK
T M. GRAFF

In fact, if anything, the Mueller investigation appears to have been picking up steam in the past three weeks—and homing in on a series of targets.

We speak about the “Mueller probe” as a single entity, but it’s important to understand that there are no fewer than five (known) separate investigations under the broad umbrella of the special counsel’s office—some threads of these investigations may overlap or intersect, some may be completely free-standing, and some potential targets may be part of multiple threads. But it’s important to understand the different “buckets” of Mueller’s probe.

As special counsel, Mueller has broad authority to investigate “any links and/or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump,” as well as “any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation,” a catch-all phrase that allows him to pursue other criminality he may stumble across in the course of the investigation.

1. Preexisting Business Deals and Money Laundering.
  2. Russian Information Operations.
  3. Active Cyber Intrusions.
  4. Russian Campaign Contacts.
  5. Obstruction of Justice.
We also know there’s significant relevant evidence that’s not yet public: Both Flynn and Papadopoulos traded cooperation and information as part of their respective plea deals, and none of the information that they provided has become public yet.

Mueller to interview former spokesman of Trump legal team: source
Mark Hosenball, Reuters
JANUARY 31, 2018

Time to create page: 0.363 seconds