Impeachment proceedings against Trump

23 Jan 2018 17:01 #111 by Rick

FredHayek wrote: I think the Democrats realize they will not get a impeachment against President Trump until they take back the House in 2018. And then it will be unlikely that the Republican Senate would impeach Donald. And keen election observers doubt the Democrats can take back the Senate in 2018...and even if they do, it will just put VP Pence into the White House. Just wait for 2020. Trump might not even win the Republican primary. Revenge is best served cold?

I think not getting Trump impeached is the very least of their problems at this point.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Jan 2018 19:28 #112 by Rick
So now that there still isn't any evidence that Trump colluded with Russia, the worthless media is now grasping on to that last hope of "obstruction of justice".

Is there more (or any) evidence that Trump obstructed justice or is there more (or any) evidence that the obstruction of justice came from people in the FBI, DOJ, and or the Clinton campaign? Do you understand what obstruction of justice means?

List the facts given to you from your most reliable and respected sources.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

28 Jan 2018 12:05 #113 by FredHayek
And if Trump was impeached, it would probably calm down most of the moderates who then would feel less likely to vote in the midterms. Best to fan the flames, introduce bills to impeach Trump in the House that you know will never pass, sort of like Anti-Obamacare bills for the GOP.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

29 Jan 2018 13:33 #114 by Rick
Well it looks like nobody on the left wants to address any of my points, but I'll try one more thing to see if I can get a response. Here's Trey Gowdy talking about the investigation and the memo that he believes (as do I) should be released to the public. Please tell me what points he makes that are wrong, or for that matter, please show me any past statements of his that are lies or political BS. This is one of the few people in Washington I actually respect and I think he's dead on here.

[youtube]
[/youtube]

George Orwell

29 Jan 2018 18:05 #115 by Rick
Hmmmm, now Andrew Mccabe stepping down. This is getting more interesting.

George Orwell

31 Jan 2018 11:42 #116 by FredHayek
And now Trey Gowdy will be retiring from the House. Will he be the new head of the DOJ? Or will he become a District judge for his region.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

31 Jan 2018 14:47 #117 by ScienceChic

Rick wrote: So now that there still isn't any evidence that Trump colluded with Russia, the worthless media is now grasping on to that last hope of "obstruction of justice".

Is there more (or any) evidence that Trump obstructed justice or is there more (or any) evidence that the obstruction of justice came from people in the FBI, DOJ, and or the Clinton campaign? Do you understand what obstruction of justice means?

List the facts given to you from your most reliable and respected sources.

Rick, you have to realize that this investigation is international, and it's huge. It involves hundreds of people and takes coordinating law enforcement and evidence gathering from all over the world. This case will take years, if not decades to complete after all is said and done with trials and appeals. There's no "grasping on last hope", this thing is still rolling full steam ahead. Quietly. Professionally.

As for evidence, here's a start This thread has 187 pieces to it so I am only going to link to the start, there's no way I can copy it all over here.

Sarah Smith‏ @SLSmith000
22 Jan 2018
1/ Sedition Timeline - This thread chronologically reviews Trump and his campaign’s crimes against the United States.

https://twitter.com/SLSmith000/status/955396567464374272

Ask yourself, if Trump is innocent, why is he attacking fellow Americans? Our law enforcement branches and courts? Why is he not enforcing the law that was passed overwhelmingly by Congress to sanction Russia? Sure looks like the actions of a guilty man to me...
The ‘state’ of Donald Trump? He thinks it couldn’t be better.
by HOWARD FINEMAN, NBC News
January 30, 2018

But Trump — who trusts no one, or at least no one for long — has now decided that he must have an alternative strategy that does not involve having Justice Department officials fire Mueller.

Instead, as is now becoming plain, the Trump strategy is to discredit the investigation and the FBI without officially removing the leadership. Trump is even talking to friends about the possibility of asking Attorney General Jeff Sessions to consider prosecuting Mueller and his team.

I'm sorry, but if you're innocent you don't start threatening to take out those investigating you.

Claire McCaskill‏ Verified account @clairecmc
30 Jan 2018
Russian sanctions!
House passed 419-3 on July 25, 2017
Senate passed 98-3 on July 27, 2017
Trump signed on Aug 2, 2017
Trump ignores and violates our Constitution on January 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/clairecmc/status/958334636043751424

Team Trump Just Blew Its Cover
By John R. Schindler • 01/30/18 10:45am

Yesterday, after months of slippage, Team Trump finally blew its cover, exposing that it possesses a strange and unsettling fealty to the Kremlin for which there is no longer any benign explanation. Any one of yesterday’s bombshell developments would overtake the news cycle for weeks in any normal White House, yet this administration is anything but normal.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."
~Abraham Lincoln

There are guilty people on both sides of the aisle, and in the MSM - this is about a foreign country waging a digital, propaganda style war on democracy itself, infiltrating our election systems and using people they could compromise because of all the dirt they had on them with their illegal, shady, underhanded, corrupt dealings. We are Americans first and it's time to protect our country from our enemies, whether you agree with them politically or not does not matter.

Counterchekist @counterchekist Jan 24
I don’t care about politics/parties. When the security & survival of the Republic is at stake, the gloves are off. Some sides/ideologies are more guilty than others for #KremlinGate. But if you want to save this country, drop partisan considerations and fight for it as Americans.

GOP’s day of reckoning will come. But it wasn’t long ago that it was the left helping RIS discredit USIC via Comrade Snowden. My point is: traitors are simply traitors. Their party & ideology doesn’t matter once they become enemies of the Republic.

Jan 22
FYI: All in, the number of people facing criminal investigation by Mueller’s team & FBI over #KremlinGate is higher than 270. This will play out in phases over a few years, but tRUmp & Co are up first.
The 270 people connected to the Russia probes

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

01 Feb 2018 13:58 #118 by Rick
Without posting a big long set of articles, what do you think SC? Do you believe in your heart that Trump colluded with Russia, especially given the amount of slime we are finding in this investigation? If you do believe it, will you still believe it even if it is proven that the whole investigation was based on bullshit and no real evidence?

George Orwell

01 Feb 2018 15:18 #119 by ScienceChic
Yes. I'm guessing by your comment that you aren't going through and reading my TLDR post of evidence that you asked for. No worries, I'm happy to have it gathered and posted all in one place for posterity either way.

My questions to you: What slime are "we" finding with this investigation? What bullshit/lack of evidence is this investigation built on (aside from your repeated claim of it being the Steele Dossier, which I've disputed with multiple sources)? So far, all I've seen are smear campaigns by those who are being investigated - shocker there - and actual indictments filed and guilty pleas made, which belies the "nothing burger" and "bullshit" that this investigation was originally made out to be by those who support him, or are part of his circle. You don't get people pleading guilty and facing years in prison to bullshit charges.

When he's finally indicted, will you believe? If tapes surface of him laundering mob money, and worse, will you accept that or think it's a conspiracy by those who simply hate him?

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

01 Feb 2018 16:30 #120 by Rick
Show me your evidence of collusion SC, surely your fine sources have some, otherwise you wouldn't have started a thread that presumes Trump will get impeached.
As for people around him being charged for crimes not related to the topic (collusion), that's like saying Hillary is guilty of something because of people around her getting charged (like Wiener). Show me some substance or continue with your CNN obsessive bullshit. Sorry SC, I like you but you lack of facts as a scientist is very puzzling.

The Slime isn't being revealed to your sources evidently, but soon even they will have to start admitting this whole thing was corrupt from the beginning (and I'm not talking about Trump). I'll admit I was wrong if proven so, will you?

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.393 seconds