Impeachment proceedings against Trump

01 Dec 2017 08:26 - 01 Dec 2017 08:32 #71 by ScienceChic

Rick wrote: We'll all survive this and regardless what the media tells you, this kind of change may be just what this country needed (or we'll suffer a horrible death and I'll have to eat my words in shame:) )

You are correct that we don't agree that "a continuation of a progressive ideology" is what has been destructive - I believe it's the corruption, greed, and erosion of our Constitutional rights and values that is causing the destruction. Progress is not a bad thing, change is inevitable and can be handled proactively and well if everyone elected worked together for the good of the country and its citizenry, not for their own interests or those who pay them to do things for them.

Your cancer analogy is a good one, and I still remain in awe at your recovery and outlook on life. It took Trump being elected (and I very pointedly do not say "us electing him") to "hit bottom" and pull aside the thin veil that the White Supremacists, Nazis, and traitors to this country had been operating under, quietly hidden and undermining our great nation. It took that shock to wake people up and become active in their governance, to call out injustice, and start doing something about it.

The Constitution is never tested during times of tranquility; it is during times of tension, turmoil, tragedy, trauma, and terrorism that it is sorely tested. ~Mike Honda

Michael Flynn is scheduled to plead GUILTY in a few minutes.

Kyle Griffin‏ Verified account @kylegriffin1 1 hour ago
WASHINGTON (AP) — Former national security adviser Michael Flynn is scheduled for a plea hearing at 10:30 a.m. EST.

Kyle Griffin ‏Verified account @kylegriffin1 42 minutes ago
1. George Papadopoulos
2. Paul Manafort
3. Rick Gates
4. Michael Flynn

Flynn is now the 4th Trump team member to be charged with a crime.

Matthew Miller‏ Verified account @matthewamiller 22 minutes ago
This timeline is so damning for Trump:
January 24 - Flynn lies to the FBI.
January 26 - Yates warns the WH.
January 27 - Trump responds not by firing Flynn, but asking Comey for a loyalty pledge.
January 30 - Yates fired.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Dec 2017 09:04 #72 by ScienceChic
Alt_SeanSpicer'sMic @Alt_Spicerlies 33 minutes ago
https://twitter.com/Alt_Spicerlies/status/936610414984605696

all who are talking about flipping lower level...FLYNN was the National Security Advisor he is NOT a low level staffer or campaign volunteer.

also, the DOJ in this indictment plainly spells out Flynn asked Kislyak to:
DELAY
RUSSIA’s
RESPONSE
TO SANCTIONS
Don’t over look how important that otherwise innocuous paragraph maybe, it’s NOT. It YUGE

An indictment of Flynn could seal Mueller's obstruction-of-justice case against Trump
Sonam Sheth
Nov. 6, 2017

An NBC News report on Sunday that the special counsel Robert Mueller had gathered enough evidence to indict the former national security adviser Michael Flynn could bolster an obstruction-of-justice case Mueller is reportedly building against President Donald Trump — and it could be Flynn's signal for a presidential pardon.

Mueller is investigating Flynn, Trump, and others as part of his inquiry into Russia's interference in the 2016 US election. He's also examining whether members of the Trump campaign colluded with Moscow to tilt the race in Trump's favor.

Trump Pressed Top Republicans to End Senate Russia Inquiry
By JONATHAN MARTIN, MAGGIE HABERMAN and ALEXANDER BURNS
NOV. 30, 2017

Tea Pain‏ @TeaPainUSA Nov 27
Remember how Tea Pain told you when Mueller sounds his third trumpet (Flynn indictment) that trumpets 4, 5 and 6 will sound in quick succession. Something huge is comin'!

Tea Pain‏ @TeaPainUSA Nov 24
https://twitter.com/TeaPainUSA/status/934278327359197185

THREAD on the upcomin' weeks.
1) We see now that Bob Mueller's investigation has been advancin' at a rapid rate. Flynn's willingness to turn on Trump will now bring the #TrumpRussia scandal to the next level.

Tea Pain‏ @TeaPainUSA Nov 25
https://twitter.com/TeaPainUSA/status/934451918163849217

THREAD - Update on the next set of Mueller indictments.
1) Tea Pain has been preachin' to you lately about the importance of the Papadopoulos indictment. MSNBC now reports that PapaD turned on 4 other members of Trump Nat Security team.

2) Coincidentally, there are 4 sequentially numbered unsealed indictments in the D.C. federal court between the Manafort and PapaD indictments, except Tea Pain don't believe in coincidences.

3) Remember, PapaD was a "proactively cooperatin'" witness for Mueller, wearin' a wire. Another news report confirmed a member of Trump's Nat Security was caught lyin' to the FBI. Most likely more fruit from the PapaD arrest.

4) Let's do the math. Flynn has flipped and is providin' dirt big time on the big fish, particularly Jared Kushner. So the next round of indictments will look something like this...

5)
a. 4 members of National Security team.
b. Mike Flynn
c. Icin' on the cake - Jared Kushner

6) So, Mueller's next bombin' run should include a minimum of 6 juicy indictments, for a total of 9 to date. Trump will commit a number of unforced errors under this pressure, particular if the charges include Obstruction of Justice.

7) The White House will switch to white-hot mania mode and things will start happenin' fast. As a matter fact, the longer Mueller waits, the worse things will be for Trump. Have faith, the heavens are about to fall on the Trump administration.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

01 Dec 2017 09:57 #73 by ScienceChic
https://twitter.com/ABC/status/936628560374071296
ABC News‏Verified account @ABC 42 minutes ago

JUST IN: @BrianRoss on @ABC News Special Report: Michael Flynn promised "full cooperation to the Mueller team" and is prepared to testify that as a candidate, Donald Trump "directed him to make contact with the Russians." abcn.ws/2AhU3Iq

Flynn has promised Special Counsel 'full cooperation' in Russia probe: Source
By BRIAN ROSS MATTHEW MOSK ADAM KELSEY VERONICA STRACQUALURSI
Dec 1, 2017, 11:06 AM ET

ABC News‏ Verified account @ABC 3 minutes ago

JUST IN: Michael Flynn issues statement following plea: "My guilty plea and agreement to cooperate with the Special Counsel's Office reflect a decision I made in the best interests of my family and our country. I accept full responsibility for my actions." abcn.ws/2BzeGyd

Attachments:

01 Dec 2017 23:28 #74 by ramage
SC,
Your post is lengthy and requires a point by point rebuttal. I will del with the video and if necessary the other posts. Most importantly the ABC reporter, Brian Ross
has admitted now that his reporting was in error (to be generous). (By the Way this is the same ABC reporter who denigrated a Colorado citizen, a Tea Party member, as being the James Holmes who was the shooter in the Holmes case .)
Posting multiple references to the liberal media does nothing to advance your position. Please clarify your postings with actual facts.

02 Dec 2017 14:46 #75 by FredHayek
After the election, you have to expect President Trump to assign his staff to meet with many countries leaders, even the Russians. Candidate Obama went on a world tour before being elected and met with many world leaders. No one wanted to charge him with collusion. It could be Flynn it taking the plea deal to avoid other felonies, but right now it is too early to judge. And like the previous poster, be very skeptical of left wing news sources like ABC which could not be bothered to get the timing right on the charges against Flynn. They are so eager to see President Trump go down, that they are not dotting their "I's and crossing their "T"'s.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

02 Dec 2017 19:08 #76 by Rick

ramage wrote: SC,
Your post is lengthy and requires a point by point rebuttal. I will del with the video and if necessary the other posts. Most importantly the ABC reporter, Brian Ross
has admitted now that his reporting was in error (to be generous). (By the Way this is the same ABC reporter who denigrated a Colorado citizen, a Tea Party member, as being the James Holmes who was the shooter in the Holmes case .)
Posting multiple references to the liberal media does nothing to advance your position. Please clarify your postings with actual facts.

Joy Blowhard was all giddy on her moron show and spewed that same fake news as if this was the nail in Trump's coffin. There really isn't any kind of real journalism from the left these days... they are just trying to create a story that doesn't exist and the sheeple keep lapping it up. Pretty funny to watch.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

02 Dec 2017 20:05 #77 by FredHayek
ABC News just suspended the correspondent who had the details wrong about the Flynnn story. #fakenews indeed which caused the stock market to fsll 200 points. Professional press? Act like a bunch of cheerleaders for the Democrat Party or sexual bullies like Matt Lauer and Charlie Rose.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

03 Dec 2017 08:09 #78 by Rick

FredHayek wrote: ABC News just suspended the correspondent who had the details wrong about the Flynnn story. #fakenews indeed which caused the stock market to fsll 200 points. Professional press? Act like a bunch of cheerleaders for the Democrat Party or sexual bullies like Matt Lauer and Charlie Rose.

What Brian Ross did was a heroic act in the eyes of the left, just like when Dan Rather made up that BS about Bush. The goal is to create fury in the minds of brain dead drones with Trump Derangement Syndrome... and obviously, it works.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

03 Dec 2017 12:10 #79 by ScienceChic
It was not a "heroic act", he made a mistake and he deserves the suspension.

Ramage, I suspect that if I were to use the sources that you approve of, this thread wouldn't even exist. I've posted multiple sources, not just one and even screen grabs of the actual court filings themselves, and I've backed up what I've stated as my opinion with those sources who have provided facts. What was initially called "a nothing burger" - the Trump-Russia collusion - is pretty apparently not, as evidenced by 4 indictments and 2 guilty pleas to date with more to come (there are further sealed indictments listed in the court logs, that's not a stretch or a fabrication to state it as fact). You are more than welcome to post your own thoughts and sources to rebut mine, that's what this forum is for!

Regardless of the error by Ross, the fact remains that Flynn has pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI and was not charged with far worse that he could have been (e.g. lying about FARA omissions and his SF86 security clearance form omissions) - that strongly implies that he has made a plea deal because he had valuable information that would implicate someone else more important. He also has a son who is just as involved in this which gives him compelling motivation to offer up information in exchange for leniency on him (I have not shared posts by people who claim that what the Flynns have done is worthy of the death penalty for treason, because I wouldn't go so far as to say that without seeing more evidence). If you are ignoring all of the info provided to date, then you may well be in for a surprise as to what comes next.

Moving the goalposts never works as a defense...
Emails Dispute White House Claims That Flynn Acted Independently on Russia
By MICHAEL S. SCHMIDT, SHARON LaFRANIERE and SCOTT SHANE
DEC. 2, 2017

WASHINGTON — When President Trump fired his national security adviser, Michael T. Flynn, in February, White House officials portrayed him as a renegade who had acted independently in his discussions with a Russian official during the presidential transition and then lied to his colleagues about the interactions.

But emails among top transition officials, provided or described to The New York Times, suggest that Mr. Flynn was far from a rogue actor. In fact, the emails, coupled with interviews and court documents filed on Friday, showed that Mr. Flynn was in close touch with other senior members of the Trump transition team both before and after he spoke with the Russian ambassador, Sergey I. Kislyak, about American sanctions against Russia.

While Mr. Trump has disparaged as a Democratic “hoax” any claims that he or his aides had unusual interactions with Russian officials, the records suggest that the Trump transition team was intensely focused on improving relations with Moscow and was willing to intervene to pursue that goal despite a request from the Obama administration that it not sow confusion about official American policy before Mr. Trump took office.

Kushner is Said to Have Ordered Flynn to Contact Russia
Now that the retired general has pleaded guilty, the president's son-in-law could be one of the next dominoes to fall.
By Eli Lake, Bloomberg
December 1, 2017

Providing these for historical context, get from them what you will.
Jared Kushner gave a confusing explanation for his alleged 'back channel' plan with Russia
Natasha Bertrand, Business Insider
Jul. 24, 2017

Explainer: Was Jared Kushner’s attempted ‘back-channel’ with Russia treasonous — or typical?
By — Nancy Benac, Associated Press
May 31, 2017

03 Dec 2017 16:29 #80 by Rick
Saying it was just a "mistake" is pretty funny SC. How many seasoned "journalists" get a month's suspension without pay for just making a mistake? They suspended him because he exposed the main goal of the leftist media, to take down Trump at any cost, even if you have to lie. I've never been a fan of Trump's but the more I see the media and the Washington leaches obsess and overreact about every word he says or tweets, the more I start to like the guy. Somebody had to expose the media bias once and for all and Trump was the only person who was capable of doing that. The means in which he has done it may not be palatable to most, but he has been very effective and hilarious to watch. I watch Morning Joe every morning for the first 30 minutes and it always starts my day with a great laugh.

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.485 seconds