Impeachment proceedings against Trump

09 Jul 2017 18:16 #21 by ramage
Do you, ScienceChic, really want an impeachment proceeding against President Trump? It would take a Democrat HR to institute the proceeding and a Senate trial. Not even a chance of that until the 2018 election or 2020 election. In the interim you continue to keep the radical democrat base inflamed with your posts. Be aware of the unintended consequences of your wish.. Mike Pence becomes President. He is much more pro-life and conservative than Donald Trump. Would you be happy in your overthrow of Mr. Trump to see that Pres. Pence calls for Roe v. Wade to be overturned and appoints SC judges to do so?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Jul 2017 18:52 #22 by ScienceChic
Do I want impeachment proceedings to begin? No, I'd actually prefer that our country was run well and by people who are competent in their elected positions and who work to serve The People. This whole election cycle has been a mess of epic proportions on both sides and it's not healthy at all for our country. Do I want anyone "overthrown"? No, I want our justice system to faithfully be executed. An impeachment is an opportunity for our enemies to take advantage of, and for many to lose faith in our economy causing much hardship, and those are not things I cheer for in any way, shape, or form.

What I want is the truth, and justice to prevail from that truth. If our current President did indeed break the law, try to obstruct justice, or commit treason, I want the facts and our country to be safe from those who would do her harm. As I said in my OP, "We need to put country first, party second, and come together as one nation behind truth and justice, whatever that may be."

I am not inciting violence or "inflaming the radical base" with my posts, if you go back and read them carefully you'll see that I am not making any definitive claims one way or the other as to what has happened, I have stated I am waiting for the facts. I haven't made any urges for people to "take justice into their own hands", we have enough vigilantism and extremism in this country already to make me sick, we don't need any more. What we need are people who are rational, logical, patient, and willing to believe in and support our democratic processes. And that includes the media, who are our watchdogs. The evidence is being gathered, what can be reported on by the media is. If anyone merely believes what they read because it already supports their beliefs and biases, and will not consider opposing evidence or viewpoints, then they are as guilty as those they condemn for believing "fake news." Critical thinking is a requirement for all, not just one side or another.

It remains to be seen if Mr. Pence or any other elected officials are innocent of possible future charges, there is much in doubt at the moment and much yet to be discovered.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

10 Jul 2017 08:48 #23 by FredHayek
Why would Republicans in Congress impeach a Republican President? Take a step back and appraise the situation. Birth control is still cheap and easy to obtain. Same sex marriage is still legal. Abortion is legal and declining, best of both worlds. Stock market is at record highs, unemployment in Colorado is at record lows. Trump is a clown, but while he is in a meme war with CNN, he does not appear to be doing any damage.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

11 Jul 2017 08:09 #24 by driver8
Maybe they still care about our country? We know the answer given their focus on tax breaks for the 1%. So what party had the majority during nixon's impeachment proceedings? Did they actually put country over party?

IMHO... we will never see the 115th congress put country over party.

11 Jul 2017 10:59 - 11 Jul 2017 10:59 #25 by FredHayek
Democrats had the majority and they put party over the nation by trying to impeach the President for doing things the NSA does to Americans every day now.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

11 Jul 2017 11:07 #26 by driver8
What specifically are you referring to Fred? Dem's never filed articles of impeachment... can you be more specific?

11 Jul 2017 13:08 #27 by hillfarmer
Mr Trump: Are you listening to your lawyers?? If so, fire them. They are trying to get you nailed.

11 Jul 2017 13:55 #28 by chrisd3711
During the Watergate investigation, they "followed the money" directly to CREEP (Committee to Re-elect the President), and Nixon was done. There is a lot of money to follow in this investigation. If any of it leads directly to the Trump campaign shelling out bucks to collude with the Russians, he will be done.

11 Jul 2017 14:06 #29 by driver8
With all of trumps ties to russian oligarchs, know money laundering banks and shady business men.... I think collusion/coordination/obstruction of justice will be the least of his worries once Mueller works through the web of shady transactions....

13 Jul 2017 21:21 #30 by Rick
I predict this whole Russia hysteria syndrome will be the equivalent waste of time as the hunt for Obama's birth certificate. I wonder how many hours the worthless leftist media will waste in the 4 years that Trump WILL be president and how many hours butthurt leftists will spend obsessing instead of putting their energy toward productive things in their lives. Oh well, fun for the rest of us to watch.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blazer Bob

Time to create page: 0.405 seconds