Impeachment proceedings against Trump

14 Jul 2017 08:06 #31 by hillfarmer
Probably true. The Trump team saw how easily distracted the far right was by the shiny baubles of the birther movement and the Hillary emails that they decided to use the same tactics to distract both the right and left with the Russia scandal. In the meantime they are busy destroying protections for air and water, eliminating financial protections for college students, weakening banking regulations,and withdrawing funds for health care. They are busy setting themselves up to make billions from government corruption and new tax breaks. Shiny baubles are good for business.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Jul 2017 11:04 #32 by ScienceChic
Are there people who are getting hysterical about this? Sure. But does that mean that there isn't a serious and real issue here that is just going to go away?

What legal experts say about Donald Trump Jr. meeting with Russian lawyer
By John Kruzel on Tuesday, July 11th, 2017 at 3:40 p.m.

After months of denial by the Trump team about communication with Russia during the 2016 election, Donald Trump Jr. confirmed he met with a Russian lawyer in hopes of receiving damaging information on Hillary Clinton.

Would such a meeting be illegal? Most experts we talked to said at the very least it raises serious concerns about whether U.S. federal election law was broken. But they also cautioned that the factual record is still developing.

Federal law prohibits a foreign national from giving anything of value to a campaign engaged in a U.S. election. It’s also a crime to solicit a foreign national to do so, or even to "knowingly provide substantial assistance" in receiving something of value.

According to other sources, The Washington Post has a story they've been sitting on, at the request of Robert Mueller so as to not interfere with the investigation, with incontrovertible proof that the President is personally involved in the conspiracy despite what he's claimed to date. You do not have a Special Investigator at the Dept of Justice investigating this matter for months on end, and hiring 14 other top-rated prosecutors (not investigators, prosecutors), without something important coming down the pipeline. What that is exactly remains to be seen.

As for distractions and wasting time, there are plenty of now highly active citizens who are calling our representatives daily about issues coming up for vote (if you haven't seen it, then you aren't in the right, sorry correct, :) Facebook groups). Despite having a majority in the House and Senate, Republicans have said there is a chance that they won't be able to pass their healthcare bill. That's pretty major - they can't even craft a bill that their own party members can stomach to vote for. They've figured out that it's political suicide to do so because of the number of phone calls, personal visits, and letters they are receiving from their constituents. And that's how our representatives should be voting - based on the majority of their constituents will.

Those same Reps who are wavering on passing their holy grail of bills are the same ones who are likely to vote for impeachment if they deem it politically smart to do so because the tide of support for Trump has fallen quite dramatically in their party (Nixon's public approval rating was 24% when he resigned, and that was after being much higher than Trump's has ever been). Especially if the allegation that he won the election because of Russian interference that he actively assisted with is proven to be true.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
The following user(s) said Thank You: driver8

15 Jul 2017 14:19 - 15 Jul 2017 14:20 #33 by Rick
This story is becoming more interesting but mostly pushed under the rug by 95% of the leftist media. I was really surprised to see CBS mention this, but of course, no hysteria.

"If you're looking for an example of a campaign coordinating with a foreign country or a foreign source, look no further than the DNC, who actually coordinated opposition research with the Ukrainian Embassy," she told reporters. Sanders then reiterated the point during the Wednesday press briefing.

Even Republicans who have been critical of the Trump administration over the Russia matter have recently talked about the story. On Wednesday, Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham pressed President Trump's nominee for FBI director, Christopher Wray, on whether he would look into any Ukrainian interference in the 2016 election.

So what happened with the Clinton campaign and Ukraine?
It wasn't so much the Clinton campaign, per se, but a Democratic operative working with the Democratic National Committee did reach out to the Ukrainian government in an attempt to get damaging information about the Trump campaign.

That operative's name is Alexandra Chalupa, a Ukrainian-American former Clinton White House aide who was tasked with ethnic outreach on behalf of the Democratic Party. As Vogel reported, she knew about Paul Manafort's extensive connections to the pro-Russian regime of Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych, and decided to dig deeper into possible connections between Moscow and the Trump campaign. As part of that effort, she discussed Manafort with the high-ranking officials at the Ukrainian embassy in Washington, D.C.

The Democratic National Committee denies that it was ever in contact with the Ukrainian government.[/quote/]
www.cbsnews.com/news/did-ukraine-try-to-...n-the-2016-election/

The worthless leftist media should be careful how far their hysteria takes them, it could easily backfire.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

15 Jul 2017 15:21 #34 by ramage
Hill Farmer,
After reading and re-reading your comment I come away with the impression that you are saying that the Trump team created the "Russian collusion" kerfufulle to distract people from their nefarious destruction of the environment, deprivation of college students loans, etc. Is that correct?

15 Jul 2017 17:38 #35 by driver8
Don't worry Rick... the 'leftist media' (aka reality) has nothing for you, your alt-riecht media has it covered. Nutjob hannity, inforwars and their crazy a$$ shit and of course stormfront, probably your favorite. Hate for President Obama drove many a white nationalist insane and now as a kneee jerk reaction we have trump. Don't worry, you favorite nazi sebastian gorka has your back on your distractionary ukrainian clinton conspiracy. Damn you guys are awesome patriots... for russia.

15 Jul 2017 18:56 #36 by Rick

driver8 wrote: Don't worry Rick... the 'leftist media' (aka reality) has nothing for you, your alt-riecht media has it covered. Nutjob hannity, inforwars and their crazy a$$ shit and of course stormfront, probably your favorite. Hate for President Obama drove many a white nationalist insane and now as a kneee jerk reaction we have trump. Don't worry, you favorite nazi sebastian gorka has your back on your distractionary ukrainian clinton conspiracy. Damn you guys are awesome patriots... for russia.

Very mature response, but not surprising. When four years has gone by and Trump still hasn't been impeached, I'm sure you'll come up with more brilliant comebacks. For the record, I've said many times on this and other forums that Trump was my last pick out of the 17 choices, the very last. I think the man has a problem with his mouth saying stupid shit and he's arrogant as hell... that said, Hillary was the only other candidate to choose from unless I was to toss my vote away on someone who had zero chance. Hillary would have continued Obama's legacy of degrading our country and that would just never be acceptable to me. So at least Trump is entertaining me by making liberals insane and chasing empty scandals down empty rabbit holes, along with their worthless media. In fact, had I known how much the liberal media was going to unmask their bias for all to see, Trump would have probably been my first pick. Enjoy the next 3 1/2 years and possibly 7 1/2. LOL

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

17 Jul 2017 14:39 #37 by ScienceChic
Things that make you go "Hmmmm."
If Trump fires Mueller, or works it in such a way as to make it happen...game over.

Why the Russia investigation could be even bigger than you think
By Paul Waldman June 28, 2017

There’s a good chance that there were many kinds of wrongdoing going on around Trump, and if there were, Mueller and his team will probably find them. Which is why this investigation could become much bigger than most people realize.

Over his career — before he ran for president but continuing once his campaign was underway — Trump managed to assemble around himself a group of shady characters worthy of the most notorious mob boss, and that has continued into his presidency.

You may be asking, “If Trump or people around him had committed crimes, wouldn’t we have known about it by now?” After all, there have been hundreds of journalists writing about him for a couple of years now. But here’s what’s different. In many cases, those journalists would investigate a story, write it up and then move on.

But Robert Mueller isn’t going to forget, or move on to another story he has to report, or give up when things get confusing. He and his team can investigate these connections, events and relationships until they figure out what’s really there. In many cases, it might amount to nothing. But if there were crimes committed, he has the resources and authority to find out. And it’s important to remember that if Mueller does find evidence of crimes, he can and will pursue them whether or not they have any specific relationship to the 2016 campaign.

One of the Twitter accounts that's been reporting on the investigation since before it became widely known in mainstream media has said that his sources in the intelligence community had Manafort under surveillance since during the election and his cell phone had been hot-miked. They reportedly have so much on him that he has been begging to become an informant in exchange for immunity and they turned him down because they don't need him. Flynn is supposedly already flipped (became an informant).

SeanSpicer's Mic‏ @Spicerlies:
I think most Americans overlook this FACT; Mueller didn't start a NEW investigation, he took over the one started by Comey in July 2016

Claude Taylor @TrueFactsStated:
Multiple sources tell me WaPo, The NY Times & a news network all are working on stories that will show addtl evidence of Trump collusion.
Update: make that WaPo, The NY Times and TWO major networks.
Every reporter I talk to says in one way or another, "it's coming..."

Claude Taylor‏ @TrueFactsStated 8h
I make no apologies for offering good news/a positive outlook. But this is less optimistic-Trump is angling towards firing Mueller. Be ready

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

19 Jul 2017 20:18 #38 by ScienceChic
Reuters Top News‏ @Reuters
JUST IN: Donald Trump Jr. and former Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort to testify before Senate Judiciary Committee on July 26

RESCHEDULED: Oversight of the Foreign Agents Registration Act and Attempts to Influence U.S. Elections: Lessons Learned from Current and Prior Administrations

The Senate Committee on the Judiciary hearing entitled: “Oversight of the Justice Department’s (Non) Enforcement of the Foreign Agents Registration Act: Lessons from the Obama Administration‎ and Current Compliance Practices" scheduled for Wednesday, July 19, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. in Room 226 of the Dirksen Senate Office Building has been postponed subject to the call of the chair.

By order of the Chairman.

Witnesses
Panel I
Mr. Adam Hickey
Deputy Assistant Attorney General
National Security Division
U.S. Department of Justice
Washington, DC

Mr. E.W. "Bill" Priestap
Assistant Director
Counterintelligence Division
Federal Bureau of Investigations
Washington, DC

The Honorable Michael Horowitz
Inspector General
U.S. Department of Justice
Washington, DC

Panel II
Mr. William Browder
Chief Executive Officer
Hermitage Capital Management
London, United Kingdom

Mr. Glenn R. Simpson
Fusion GPS
Washington, DC

Mr. Paul J. Manafort
DMP International, LLC
Palm Beach Gardens , FL

Mr. Donald J. Trump, Jr.
Trump Organization LLC
New York , NY

twitter.com/Spicerlies

19 Jul 2017 21:24 #39 by Blazer Bob
OH MY!!!!!!!! This is so serious my hair is on fire.

"Louise Mensch Says Trump and Bannon Facing ‘Execution’ For Espionage"

www.mediaite.com/online/louise-mensch-sa...ution-for-espionage/

..."Impeachment Is No Longer Enough; Donald Trump Must Face Justice
06/11/2017 10:39 pm ET

Impeachment and removal from office are only the first steps; for America to be redeemed, Donald Trump must be prosecuted for treason and — if convicted in a court of law — executed."...

www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/tim-graham/...cution-trump-and-his

19 Jul 2017 22:09 #40 by ScienceChic
"What is objectionable, what is dangerous about extremists, is not that they are extreme, but that they are intolerant. The evil is not what they say about their cause, but what they say about their opponents." 

~Robert Kennedy

If you'll notice, I didn't quote anything above from Louise Mensch; I find it interesting that you distract with that. What I posted are formal documents from our Congress requesting evidence preservation to several people, including our President, his family, close advisors, etc. This is done when you are intending to take someone to court, and only when you are intending to take someone to court. Especially someone who's got quite the reputation for destroying evidence for past court cases.

This has moved outside the realm of "nothing burger."

Kushner is testifying before a closed session Monday, Manfort et al in an open session next Wednesday. There will be more.

Time to create page: 0.567 seconds