Impeachment proceedings against Trump

24 Mar 2019 15:15 #461 by ScienceChic
So quick to accept Mueller's findings now that they line up with your own TM, after completely dismissing him as an "unethical toady" and saying "His career is plagues with scandal such as destroyed records, fast and furious, cover ups, stolen records and blatant bias. If he's the "true north" of our country, we're screwed." Interesting.

AG Barr's Summary Letter to Congress

Page 3, Paragraph 1 titled Obstruction of Justice, last sentence: "The Special Counsel states that 'while this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him.'"

I'm going to let the process play out, as there is still more yet to be made public.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Mar 2019 15:50 #462 by Pony Soldier
Read on because the letter then goes on to explain that Barr, as the head of the Department of Justice, is making the determination that no charges are warranted. You can’t take one sentence out of context to try and make a case. It’s over. Any further investigations will simply fuel the narrative that it has been and still is a witch hunt.

24 Mar 2019 16:15 #463 by homeagain

towermonkey wrote: <crickets chirping> Just as I figured...

www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/3/2...-justice-exoneration

chirp,chirp……..THESE ARE THE FACTS......within this link is BARR'S CONFIRMAATION

HEARING AND HIS RESPONSES.....pay close attention to his answers regarding this topic....

NO SURPRISES...…..now there will be a court subpoena and a battle to lay bare the basic bottom line of blatant disregard for democracy.....wait for it.

24 Mar 2019 16:29 #464 by Pony Soldier
As I assumed, the liberal mob will now attack Barr. Mueller would have loved to have been able to show evidence enough to charge Trump. Barr AND Rosenstein declined to bring charges based on lack of evidence. With Clinton they had evidence but still didn’t bring charges but with Trump, you people want charges with no evidence. This country is truly screwed.

24 Mar 2019 16:47 #465 by Blazer Bob
I totally get why the power players on the left will never give up there efforts to be the overlords in charge but do not get why the indy's are so willing to continue to drink the cool aid.
Perhaps they are like pack animals who reject the runt as the blind reject the one eyed man.

"But what are we going to say? I mean, we are supposedly the most credible among credible mainstream media sources and we have now spent well over two years hyping this Russian “collusion” thing in dozens of pieces in an obvious attempt to damage if not bring down the President. And now it comes to nothing? Everything we’ve said about this for two plus years has been wrong? What are we going to say????

Well, this is why you hire legions of Ivy Leaguers to produce page upon page of dizzying spin and mind-numbing talking points. Just repeat over and over, and hope and "...

www.manhattancontrarian.com/blog/2019-3-...f-the-mueller-report

24 Mar 2019 17:02 #466 by ScienceChic

towermonkey wrote: As I assumed, the liberal mob will now attack Barr. Mueller would have loved to have been able to show evidence enough to charge Trump. Barr AND Rosenstein declined to bring charges based on lack of evidence. With Clinton they had evidence but still didn’t bring charges but with Trump, you people want charges with no evidence. This country is truly screwed.

I did not attack Barr, I simply said I will wait for this to play out. Barr punted this to Congress; saying it's over when no one has seen the full report outside of the SCO but him and Rosenstein when there are multiple investigations still in process in the SDNY, EDVA, and Congressional committees is ignoring reality. And NO, not a single person has ever said we want charges without evidence. Stop making assumptions and putting words in people's mouths.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

24 Mar 2019 17:18 #467 by ScienceChic

Blazer Bob wrote: I totally get why the power players on the left will never give up there efforts to be the overlords in charge but do not get why the indy's are so willing to continue to drink the cool aid.
Perhaps they are like pack animals who reject the runt as the blind reject the one eyed man.

"But what are we going to say? I mean, we are supposedly the most credible among credible mainstream media sources and we have now spent well over two years hyping this Russian “collusion” thing in dozens of pieces in an obvious attempt to damage if not bring down the President. And now it comes to nothing? Everything we’ve said about this for two plus years has been wrong? What are we going to say????

Well, this is why you hire legions of Ivy Leaguers to produce page upon page of dizzying spin and mind-numbing talking points. Just repeat over and over, and hope and "...

IDGAF what the Times or anyone else is saying about Barr's summary or a report that no one else has seen yet.

This investigation has not been a witchhunt, many people were indicted and several of those pleaded guilty or were found guilty in a court of law. The indictments themselves list unnamed co-conspirators who have yet to be indicted themselves.

Are we truly incapable of patience for due process? I will remind everyone that Watergate happened in May/June of 1972, Nixon was re-elected later that year, and not removed from office until 1974 following a convoluted political and legal process. At the time of his removal, a Gallup poll showed over 40% of Americans didn't want him impeached. But it was the right thing to do because he'd broken the law. Time will tell in this case which is far from over.

24 Mar 2019 17:42 - 24 Mar 2019 18:01 #468 by homeagain

Blazer Bob wrote: I totally get why the power players on the left will never give up there efforts to be the overlords in charge but do not get why the indy's are so willing to continue to drink the cool aid.

AS AN INDY.....I PAY VERY CLOSE ATTENTION TO legal professionals, a previous SNDY PROSECUTOR and a previous NIXON prosecutor....most LEGAL eagles are who I pay attention to....commentators are dime a dozen....IF they have CIA,FBI, LEGAL background from previous positions THEN I LISTEN. what they are indicating is this...

CONGRESS SHOULD MAKE THE DETERMINATION ABOUT OBSTRUCTION, and
it is UNUSAL that Barr,after 22hours of review (of 22 months of research) would make that
decision. THEY ALSO INDICATE THE FULL REPORT SHOULD BE AVAILABLE TO CONGRESS AND THE PUBLIC,SO THAT THERE IS NO QUESTION ABOUT OUR NATION'S SECURITY AND THAT OUR DEMOCRACY IS INTACT.

I will wait for that to happen.....when it does and the PROOF IS THERE FOR ALL TO SEE,THEN I WILL STATE I WAS WRONG AND TRUMP WAS VINDICATED.

AS A SIDE NOTE, HE IS ALREADY SPEWING LIES......HIS SPEECH OF TOTAL EXONERATION IS FALSE.....that is not what MUELLER STATED.....oh,by the way your link is a BLOG.....you know what they say about opinions.....there are like assholes,everyone has one. JMO but I PAY CLOSE ATTENTION to shit coming down. AND A PRESIDENTIAL HISTORIAN IS IN A POSTION TO PUT THING IS PERSPECTIVE.
So, my attention is glued to that person also.

25 Mar 2019 08:35 #469 by FredHayek
They polled Democrats and Republicans on how important the Mueller investigation was to them. Republicans rated it very low, Democrat voters rated it 6th. The media had it at the top of their chart.

The Media and Mueller? Guilty until proven innocent! And when proven innocent? Still guilty! Sad.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

25 Mar 2019 12:48 #470 by Pony Soldier
It’s quite obvious from the reactions here that no amount of evidence or reports will satisfy the rabid need to try to take down a sitting president in an illegal coup. Hey, if you can’t win elections, I guess it’s the next best thing.

Time to create page: 0.623 seconds