Impeachment proceedings against Trump

28 Feb 2019 08:16 #401 by FredHayek
Forty pages in and President Trump is still here. And the way the Republicans circled around him yesterday, do you really think they will destroy their brand by impeaching him? Personally I doubt it.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Feb 2019 08:27 #402 by homeagain

FredHayek wrote: Forty pages in and President Trump is still here. And the way the Republicans circled around him yesterday, do you really think they will destroy their brand by impeaching him? Personally I doubt it.

OH MY.....did you forget it took 2 years to impeach NIXON.....THIS MAY will be two years for
the birth of this thread.....WAIT FOR IT.....jmo

07 Mar 2019 12:56 #403 by ScienceChic
Beware the Ides of Trump
The Special Counsel may hand in his report on Friday – word is that it will make the case for collusion
Cockburn, Spectator USA
March 7, 2019

One former official, passing along information from a ‘rock solid’ source inside the Department of Justice, tells Cockburn that Robert Mueller will give his report to the Attorney General on Friday. It will make the case for ‘collusion,’ he said, and will not just be about ‘process’ – perjury, obstruction of justice – or financial crimes.

The same former official was also convinced that there would be indictments for one or more of President Trump’s children. Cockburn spoke to two others – each (apparently) with their own sources on the matter – who said this Friday would be a big day in the Trump-Russia investigation.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

07 Mar 2019 17:46 #404 by Pony Soldier
I'm tired of unnamed sources and lack of retractions when they never pan out. Everything I've heard says the report will be a dud, but I guess we'll see when we finally get to see it.

08 Mar 2019 09:25 #405 by FredHayek
Manafort got his sentence, a couple years. None of the charges relate to Russian collusion. Is the Left getting tired of being strung along?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

08 Mar 2019 12:44 #406 by ScienceChic

FredHayek wrote: Manafort got his sentence, a couple years. None of the charges relate to Russian collusion. Is the Left getting tired of being strung along?

Manafort was sentenced for the first of his two trials at which he was found guilty, and as of yet, still hasn't been brought to trial for collusion because the minute he is the SCO will have to make public the evidence they have against his fellow conspirators and they obviously are still investigating. This isn't Ken Starr trying to impeach the president by public opinion by holding press conferences every whip-stitch, these are serious law enforcement agents who are conducting a professional investigation - you don't release information that will compromise that effort and risk criminals not being held accountable.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

09 Mar 2019 18:31 #407 by ScienceChic
Mueller vs Barr, and the battle to indict Trump
By Cockburn, Spectator USA
March 9, 2019

Several sources tell Cockburn that the Special Counsel has indeed completed his report. It is said to recommend indicting three of President Trump’s children – Don junior, Ivanka and Eric – as well as his son-in-law, Jared Kushner. The Attorney General, William Barr, is said to have ‘silently assented’ to this. It’s also claimed that Mueller wants President Trump himself to be indicted. Barr is said to oppose this. The two men met on Friday but apparently could not agree and this was the reason for the delay in any announcement from the DoJ. At least this is what the sources say.

09 Mar 2019 19:09 #408 by ramage
PLEASE reveal your sources.
I have it on good authority from sources speaking with anonymity, in her close circle of friends, that Science Chic revels on the following salacious activities... (your choice).
" At least this is what the sources say." to quote the above post.

09 Mar 2019 20:34 #409 by Blazer Bob

ramage wrote: PLEASE reveal your sources.
I have it on good authority from sources speaking with anonymity, in her close circle of friends, that Science Chic revels on the following salacious activities... (your choice).
" At least this is what the sources say." to quote the above post.

If I had a nickel ...

09 Mar 2019 21:57 - 09 Mar 2019 21:58 #410 by ScienceChic
I linked to the original article ramage, and quoted straight from it, you are welcome to read the whole thing and then look up what else that author has written and decide for yourself whether to trust his or her credibility.

FWIW, another source I trust and have referenced here, John Schindler, @20Committee on Twitter, says he knows Cockburn in real life, has had him/her over for dinner at his home, is not given to hyperbole, and is a careful journalist with reliable sources. That recommendation was good enough for me, but you are welcome to remain skeptical.

Time to create page: 0.626 seconds