Park County Sheriff's Election 2018

25 Apr 2018 12:41 - 26 Apr 2018 12:08 #41 by Mountain-News-Events
Upcoming meet and greet events with the candidates:

Your friends, neighbors and colleagues have met me and let you know that I am the one candidate that stands out. My 35 year law enforcement career is transparent. I am truly seeking election to make a difference.

They tell you of my experience , my leadership abilities, my communication skills, but mostly they say, "you just need to meet him and you will see he is the one we need."

Thursday night, April 26th, 6-8pm, Lake George Fire Protection District, 8951 CR90, Lake George, Colorado 80827

Have a cup of coffee with Monte Gore, Sheriff candidate, at the Brown Burro, 706 Main St, Fairplay, CO 80440, May 3, 9:30-11:00am or at the Cutthroat Cafe, 157 Main St, Bailey CO 80421 on May 10 from 9:30-11:00am. The coffee is on Monte! Ask Monte questions, voice your concerns and get to know the man who wants to serve you as your next Sheriff for Park County.

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Apr 2018 05:33 #42 by CC
April 26, 2018

For the last week, there have been several comments and statements made in The Flume, on Facebook and on Pinecam doubting my POST certification more importantly challenging my integrity, and honesty. I will share with all of you once again, that I never claimed to be something I am not, and as of today at 1439 hours, I received an email from the Department of Law and Colorado Peace Officer Standards and Training confirming that my POST is in fact ACTIVE and has been since 1992. I have included a portion of the email that I received for your viewing.

Rhoads was appointed to the Adams County Coroner's Office on 5/27/2011. An appointment letter was signed and filed with the Adams County Clerk's Office on 6/7/2011. This action complied with the requirements of 30-10-602(1) and 30-10-603 and should have held Rhoads' basic certification active. The certificate was originally expired on 4/23/2013. However, these documents (see documents section) reverse that expiration.) Gary’s certification is active again and we will review our procedures with coroner’s investigators to try and avoid this confusion in the future.

Clearly an administrative error and not with my training or ability to maintain my POST certification.

For those of you who never doubted my integrity…. THANK YOU! Your devotion and my determination only makes us stronger, we will as a community make the changes our county needs.

I respectfully ask for your continued support with my campaign and ask for your vote in becoming your next Park County Sheriff.
INTEGRITY, HONESTY, COMMITMENT, DEDICATION, TRANSPARENCY

Respectfully,
Gary Rhoads

27 Apr 2018 05:38 #43 by CC
It is that positive, calm, respectful, strong voice that gets my vote. Thank you Mr. Rhoads.
What a shame that the Flume decided to print such an ugly piece without first gathering all their facts.
"Thu 4/26/2018 7:53 .'John Rankin' (This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.)

I take exception with your front page article in the Flume this week regarding the POST certification of Gary Rhoads. First of all, I attended that forum and Mr. Rhoads did NOT state that he was post certified at the Guffey forum. He explained that he had only found out two days prior that there was no record of his POST certification paperwork that he could prove had been submitted by his supervisor and had copies of all of the documents showing it was properly submitted. Since you were not in attendance that I saw, but one of your reporters was, let me also say that she was so rude and confrontational to Mr. Rhoads that I chased her into the parking lot after the meeting to find out who she was. I assumed she was a Monte Gore supporter, who did NOT bother to attend, but she would only give me her first name and that she lived in Fairplay but worked in Summit County. She never mentioned that she was covering the forum for the Flume. It was also VERY obvious that she was a supporter of one of the other candidates, though she did not state who. It was obvious from her attitude that was the case.

I am curious, since I heard that Mr. Rhoads has received a communication today from the POST certification board that his paperwork has now been verified and it had been submitted in 2011, if you are going to make THAT a front page headline story, as you did your denegation of Mr. Rhoads. It took one week for the POST Certification Board to find and correct its mistake. If you do not fix yours in the same timeframe, I will not only cancel my subscription to The Flume, which I have had for many years, but I will make public the fact that The Flume can no longer be considered a truthful news source, therefore why subscribe, and I will forward that info to the Salida office as well. It is a shame that The Flume hasn't covered any of the much more egregious actions of the other candidates, if that is the game they want to play, rather than holding your accusations until Mr. Rhoads was proven innocent.

I attended the University of Missouri, one of the top rated journalism schools in the country. Your reporter would have been thrown out for her lack of honesty, objectivity and respect. Perhaps you should send more honorable people to cover the news.

Carolyn B Arnold-Marsh"

I couldn't agree more!

27 Apr 2018 09:41 #44 by Carrie
In defense of the Flume, Walter did speak with Gary and published the article with the information he had AT THE TIME. I have simply asked him to do a follow-up story with the validation from the POST Certification Board that Gary's certification is, and has been, valid.

27 Apr 2018 15:23 - 27 Apr 2018 15:57 #45 by CC
Here is my issue with the Flume. "Someone" told the editor something. The editor did reach out to Mr. Rhoads who told the editor that this was an administrative issue and was in the process of being corrected. They ran with a story treating it as though what they had "heard" was fact and somehow appeared to be "one side" of a story. When in reality, the information that the Flume had "heard" was not factually correct nor was it even honest based on witnesses who were at the Forum. Had the Flume wished to be objective and avoid the appearance of any bias.....they should have held any story until all the facts could be presented. They were certainly told that those facts were forthcoming based on Mr. Rhoads response. Now that those facts are available, it appears the "so called reporter" and the Flume have some explaining to do. JMO.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HappyCamper

28 Apr 2018 12:20 #46 by HappyCamper
We gave up on the Flume LONG ago so none of this surprises me!!!!

03 May 2018 06:52 #47 by MyMountainTown
Our video of last night's Park County Republican Primary Sheriff Candidate Debate is now up!

Proudly serving mountain Jeffco, Clear Creek & Park County!
You can also find & connect with us on:
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube LinkedIn

720-608-0285

03 May 2018 13:08 #48 by MyMountainTown

720-608-0285

03 May 2018 14:26 #49 by MyMountainTown
Part 3 of 3 of last night’s debate:

720-608-0285

05 May 2018 09:51 #50 by Mountain-News-Events

Meet Tom at the Gathering Place
Have some one on one time and get your questions answered . I’ll be at the Gathering Place in Shawnee this Saturday 3-5 pm. Looking forward to meeting you.
www.facebook.com/events/342889739571687/

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.251 seconds