What is Racism?

07 Jan 2020 06:51 #11 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic What is Racism?
The REAL impact and important piece of this puzzle is this.....are persons of color in your
social set? Have you EVER sat with someone of color (casual, business OR stranger within
a situation)and had a candid conversation with that individual? Have you LISTENED to their
story and the impact on THEIR life.? I have.

In real life.....white/color is an issue....as I stated before, it can be on the "down low"or it can be
blatant....but it is present.

And the reverse is true also.....biased blacks against whites....I have experienced that in corp
America. (and that was well before social media was prominent):MLKDream:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Jan 2020 07:06 #12 by Pony Soldier
Replied by Pony Soldier on topic What is Racism?
Lol. That made me laugh. “But I have a black friend.” Racism -poorly named as we are the human race- is alive and real. I think it would dissolve and go away if not perpetuated by constant pressure by media and famous personalities.

07 Jan 2020 07:54 #13 by homeagain

THIS is a true story (before soc media).....open your eyes, THIS is not media driven.....FREEDOM WRITERS is a success because ONE individual was courageous and UNDERSTOOD the problem......I highly recommend you,as a collective, educated yourself....this movie will bring
the real world to you via the screen.....and with some degree of luck, the message will comethru
to the individual who took the time to view the movie.

07 Jan 2020 08:06 #14 by homeagain

ANOTHER narrative that should wake you up.

07 Jan 2020 08:12 #15 by homeagain

towermonkey wrote: Lol. That made me laugh. “But I have a black friend.” Racism -poorly named as we are the human race- is alive and real. I think it would dissolve and go away if not perpetuated by constant pressure by media and famous personalities.

[/b]

YOUR bolded statement only magnifies the problem...myth and Misinformation.

07 Jan 2020 08:51 #16 by homeagain

THIS woman brought meaning to the word prejudice and provided an understanding to the students of what integrity involves......."it was the right thing to-do" ...an authentic lesson in
taking a stand.

07 Jan 2020 11:20 #17 by homeagain

THIS is the example of taking a stand.......this wonderful woman would NOT accept
the school system's set protocol (NO deviations,no room for compromise, no forward thinking,just prejudice).......look what understanding can accomplish.....IF you elect to
expand your world.

07 Jan 2020 12:40 #18 by Pony Soldier
Replied by Pony Soldier on topic What is Racism?
So you identify with racism through movies apparently. I don't need to watch movies to see it an understand it. You keep telling people to "open their eyes". What exactly do you mean by that? Are you saying that you are more "woke" than anyone else here on this issue? If that's your claim, I've got news for you...

07 Jan 2020 13:23 #19 by homeagain

homeagain wrote:

towermonkey wrote: Lol. That made me laugh. “But I have a black friend.” Racism -poorly named as we are the human race- is alive and real. I think it would dissolve and go away if not perpetuated by constant pressure by media and famous personalities.

[/b]

YOUR bolded statement only magnifies the problem...myth and Misinformation.

The art of conversation is the art of hearing as well as the art of being heard.”

William Hazlitt, Writer

07 Jan 2020 14:16 #20 by homeagain

REAL people, REAL feelings...behind the scenes of this movie...significant scenes at about
15 min in.....HOLOCAUST hall/museum....their First exposure, 17 minutes in is truly touching.

SO TM.....it is not just a movie,but rather a learning experience....because I don't believe there
are persons of color on this board...so HOW can you relate to their experience, IF it is not
conveyed to you??.

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds