What is Racism?

14 Jan 2020 21:13 #41 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic What is Racism?
'Frankly, I think it's also ridiculous that there's only just now a woman hired as an assistant coach...?
How many women play in the NFL?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Jan 2020 21:19 #42 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic What is Racism?

ramage wrote: '
How many women play in the NFL?


I have a strong hunch that the NFL players who identify as women might be reluctant to state so publicly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Jan 2020 00:31 #43 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic What is Racism?
None do ramage. What's your point? Do you think that women can't possibly understand the game and therefore are not able to coach it to others so they should be ineligible for those jobs?

The hope of a secure and livable world lies with disciplined nonconformists who are dedicated to justice, peace and brotherhood. ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Your scars exist, but it’s your courage that defines you. ~Nalini Singh

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Jan 2020 07:40 #44 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic What is Racism?

ScienceChic wrote: Wait, what? What candidates have any voters actually chosen yet? We haven't even had a single caucus or primary, and both black and white candidates have dropped out of their own accord.

Have you looked at the demographics supporting Biden?

:idontgetit: :illogical: ROFL

.

You can laugh about it but it's really people like me who are laughing. We've been lectured by woke leftists about how diverse Democrats are yet on last night's debate stage it was 6 white people. Now this is a bit of a conundrum for people who see race as a determining factor for qualification (see this thread topic).

Yes, all the people "of color" (I hate that term) dropped out on their own, but they only did it because not enough Democrat voters wanted them to be president. This is either proof that skin color should have no bearing when it comes to qualification or it means that there are too many racists on the left. I believe the first is accurate and logical but that's also a fact that destroys the left's weapon that they love to deploy on the right.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Jan 2020 07:52 #45 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic What is Racism?

Rick wrote:

ScienceChic wrote: Wait, what? What candidates have any voters actually chosen yet? We haven't even had a single caucus or primary, and both black and white candidates have dropped out of their own accord.

Have you looked at the demographics supporting Biden?

:idontgetit: :illogical: ROFL

.

You can laugh about it but it's really people like me who are laughing. We've been lectured by woke leftists about how diverse Democrats are yet on last night's debate stage it was 6 white people. Now this is a bit of a conundrum for people who see race as a determining factor for qualification (see this thread topic).

Yes, all the people "of color" (I hate that term) dropped out on their own, but they only did it because not enough Democrat voters wanted them to be president. This is either proof that skin color should have no bearing when it comes to qualification or it means that there are too many racists on the left. I believe the first is accurate and logical but that's also a fact that destroys the left's weapon that they love to deploy on the right.


So Rick, WHAT noun would you use to designate a non white?

Let's be REAL $$$$$$$ I is a huge factor in this debate.....always has been, always will be.
T he system is so rigged for a specific outcome...he who has the most money for adv. and
getting "face time" is probably the next pres.

LARGE SUMS of $$$$ are the basis for success......if that is lacking, your chances are slim to nothing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Jan 2020 08:48 #46 by Pony Soldier
Replied by Pony Soldier on topic What is Racism?
Clinton outspent Trump 2:1 in 2016 and Trump is in the White House. A majority of American people are sick of the status quo, sick of politicians who lie to them for their vote. Trump may have that stupid "lie count" on WP but there are an awful lot of Americans who see him fulfilling his promises or at least a much higher percentage than any other president recently. Trump is currently polling in the 30's with black Americans for a reason. You can only make the same promises (lies) to people so many times before they catch on. BTW, if Trump pulls more that 17% of the black vote, he will glide to 2020 victory without even breaking a sweat.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Jan 2020 08:51 - 15 Jan 2020 08:52 #47 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic What is Racism?
I don't mean to sound lecture-y Rick, but you really should stop listening to the extremists (unless you need a laugh, that is). :biggrin:

I tried really hard not to judge the whole of conservatives on the radical right Tea Partiers back when that movement was going strong, I denounced their views, not conservatism itself. The Woke left do not represent the majority of Democrats/liberals, they just have loud voices on social media and get covered by the news because, again, clicks and ad revenue. If there were in fact more extremists in this country, then yes, we'd see Sanders polling on top because of his platform, or Kamala Harris simply because of her ethnicity or gender, but that isn't how it is. The majority of this country are moderates who just want calm, civil, normalcy to return. Don't you? I sure do. They see that happening with Biden, which is why he's been polling in first the entire time. Klobuchar and Bennett would be similar (and preferable, for age if nothing else), but they've never gotten traction - that's just how it goes, not everyone can win in a competition.

If we're going to fix the shit that's broken in this country, we need to stop giving an audience to the extremists and their narrow-minded, righteous judmentalism, start listening to rational moderates (liberal and conservative) instead, and work together again. Bringing them and their agendas up, and trying to judge everyone based on their unpopular positions, again and again keeps us fighting amongst ourselves and the perception of a huge, widening divide between us in terms of values. Don't give them that power, please.

The hope of a secure and livable world lies with disciplined nonconformists who are dedicated to justice, peace and brotherhood. ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Your scars exist, but it’s your courage that defines you. ~Nalini Singh
The following user(s) said Thank You: koobookie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Jan 2020 14:17 #48 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic What is Racism?

ScienceChic wrote: I don't mean to sound lecture-y Rick, but you really should stop listening to the extremists (unless you need a laugh, that is). :biggrin:

I tried really hard not to judge the whole of conservatives on the radical right Tea Partiers back when that movement was going strong, I denounced their views, not conservatism itself. The Woke left do not represent the majority of Democrats/liberals, they just have loud voices on social media and get covered by the news because, again, clicks and ad revenue. If there were in fact more extremists in this country, then yes, we'd see Sanders polling on top because of his platform, or Kamala Harris simply because of her ethnicity or gender, but that isn't how it is. The majority of this country are moderates who just want calm, civil, normalcy to return. Don't you? I sure do. They see that happening with Biden, which is why he's been polling in first the entire time. Klobuchar and Bennett would be similar (and preferable, for age if nothing else), but they've never gotten traction - that's just how it goes, not everyone can win in a competition.

If we're going to fix the shit that's broken in this country, we need to stop giving an audience to the extremists and their narrow-minded, righteous judmentalism, start listening to rational moderates (liberal and conservative) instead, and work together again. Bringing them and their agendas up, and trying to judge everyone based on their unpopular positions, again and again keeps us fighting amongst ourselves and the perception of a huge, widening divide between us in terms of values. Don't give them that power, please.

i agree with you that the woke left is not all the left but they are being listened to by most of the candidates who never used to be that far left. Everyone on the first or second debate stage held up they hands when asked if we should cover all illegals who break into our country. Biden has also gone hard left on many issues in order to appease these radicals who are gaining strength. Add up the support for Bernie and Warren and you’ll understand that this is not a small insignificant group of people. The media refuses to treat these people like they did with the Tea Party and it will be the peril of the Democrat party.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.327 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum
sponsors
© My Mountain Town (new)
Google+