the king's CONSIDERABLE ignorance of combat

24 Jan 2020 09:41 #11 by FredHayek
You are acting very partisan HA. Did you condemn President Obama's drone war that was waged without congressional approval of each and every strike? You really sound like a puppet of the media, they get you lathered up, they feed you a nice helping of Trump hate and you go off. Executing S. was a risk, you might see terrorist activity increase, but so far it looks like all that Iran has been doing is oppressing their own citizens, shooting them down in the streets. And terrorist leaders that Iran has funded in Iraq? They have gone to ground. Personally I think that is a good thing.

homeagain wrote:

towermonkey wrote: I assume that y'all think that Trump shouldn't have taken the shot at Soleimani. Should he have waited until we had more deaths at his hands? Did you want full blown war with Iran? What should he have done differently?

CONGRESS should have been notified, the appropriate figureheads should have been on board
AND it should have been a joint decision...the king opted to be the SOLE decider and it was his
plan for MONTHS.....CERTAINLY enough time to read in those who should have the HEAVY
decision to assassinate a country's leader.

THAT is not the issue....his total and complete dismissal of the immense implications of
his orders......someone's brother,uncle,father,son has to face a future of uncertain health
results from a "headache"....the KING keeps assuming HIS rights are all encompassing...that
the people of his kingdom are dispensable and NO apology OR explanation is required.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Jan 2020 12:13 #12 by homeagain
www.cnn.com/2020/01/24/politics/34-injur...le-strike/index.html

THIS SAYS IT ALL.....per the king, "some headaches".....the ugly truth is out there for all to see
There are consequences to actions......the king just blew off the brutal reality .what a horror of a human being

24 Jan 2020 13:51 #13 by ramage
Is this the same CNN where the political analyst made up a conversation between two Republican senators? (sarcasm).

24 Jan 2020 19:43 #14 by Rick

FredHayek wrote: You are acting very partisan HA. Did you condemn President Obama's drone war that was waged without congressional approval of each and every strike?

I've tried that logical question myself and she conveniently ignored it, for obvious reasons.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

25 Jan 2020 08:15 #15 by FredHayek
You are such a good partisan lackey. Iranian goons shoot missiles at American troops and they get brain damage. You don't blame the guys who fired the missiles. You blame the Republican. In your world, we deserved Pearl Harbor because we stopped selling oil to Japan.

homeagain wrote: www.cnn.com/2020/01/24/politics/34-injur...le-strike/index.html

THIS SAYS IT ALL.....per the king, "some headaches".....the ugly truth is out there for all to see
There are consequences to actions......the king just blew off the brutal reality .what a horror of a human being

25 Jan 2020 08:35 #16 by koobookie

FredHayek wrote: You are such a good partisan lackey. Iranian goons shoot missiles at American troops and they get brain damage. You don't blame the guys who fired the missiles. You blame the Republican. In your world, we deserved Pearl Harbor because we stopped selling oil to Japan.

homeagain wrote: www.cnn.com/2020/01/24/politics/34-injur...le-strike/index.html

I'm fairly certain the point of this thread is that Trump doesn't seem to care about the troops. Concussions are very serious injuries, which he calls "headaches." After the attack, he claimed there were no injuries. Now we find out there are 34.

26 Jan 2020 11:55 #17 by FredHayek
So a few sentences are enough to make you decide President Trump doesn't care enough about our troops? I think it is probably more accurate to say Trump is a mixed bag. Military funding and pay have increased in his administration. Not like Clinton and Carter who forced out troops. My Air Force FIL was forced out under Carter in the late 70's when the economy wasn't doing well. He had four kids he had to feed. Should I then say Carter didn't care about the troops? And he was even a former veteran! (Although he didn't have to serve overseas during WWII.) I don't think Trump has done enough to reduce our presence in Syria, Iraq, and especially Afghanistan. The deployments have been super expensive and it just seems like they haven't accomplished much under any administration. Luckily the casualty figures have been much less than I was expecting. But we could reduce it even more by sending more troops back to the states.

27 Jan 2020 08:46 #18 by koobookie
The problem is, Trump is ignorant of the seriousness of TBI. As Commander in Chief, he should be aware of this and shouldn't dismiss these injuries as "headaches."

Read this for an accurate understanding. This man's son was a Navy Seal and took his own life. (BTW - the father was the US Senate Sergeant at Arms.)

www.sofx.com/2020/01/25/president-of-the...wLgBImbHhs-GYeRWOznM

Please explain your statement, “I don’t consider them (traumatic brain injury-TBI) very serious injuries relative to other injuries that I have seen” …followed by, “no, I do not consider that (TBI) to be bad injuries, no”.

After his death we learned that he had an undiagnosed microscopic level of severe brain injury directly related to military blast exposure. My son was a sniper and an explosives breacher, where he was constantly exposed to the concussive effects of high-powered weapons and explosives.

27 Jan 2020 10:01 #19 by FredHayek
TBI can be traumatic, but they often aren't. Depends on the nature of the attack and how the person is wired. Half of the injured are back on duty and the others flew back to Europe and the US for better care.
Noticed the same problems with football players. One, Dan Fouts NFL QB, a career of concussions and head trauma and is still announcing football games in his 70's. Others never recover and sometimes commit suicide.

27 Jan 2020 10:07 #20 by koobookie

FredHayek wrote: TBI can be traumatic, but they often aren't. Depends on the nature of the attack and how the person is wired. Half of the injured are back on duty and the others flew back to Europe and the US for better care.
Noticed the same problems with football players. One, Dan Fouts NFL QB, a career of concussions and head trauma and is still announcing football games in his 70's. Others never recover and sometimes commit suicide.

Yes, Fred, they can be serious. If you read the letter from Sergeant at Arms Larkin, it was a serious enough injury to take the life of his son. Yet, Trump minimizes the impact TBI has on servicemen. It's more than just a "headache." Our President should understand and acknowledge this.

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds