the king's CONSIDERABLE ignorance of combat

23 Jan 2020 06:10 #1 by homeagain
www.cnn.com/2020/01/22/opinions/trump-he...-hertling/index.html

"I can report, not very serious...says the king "some headaches"....R U KIDDING ME..and this from a manchild who has NEVER been in
the theater of war....who has NEVER served in a forward unit, or even a desk job in the military.

The level of ludicrous is stunning....watch the king DISMISS damage done.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Jan 2020 08:13 #2 by FredHayek
Presidents Obama and Clinton never served either. Would you make it a requirement that all politicians have military combat experience? Even females?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

23 Jan 2020 08:55 - 23 Jan 2020 08:55 #3 by driver8

FredHayek wrote: Presidents Obama and Clinton never served either. Would you make it a requirement that all politicians have military combat experience? Even females?

SO you think the point is that he never served? That's it? You are OK with him holding soldiers in such disregard it appears.... President Obama NEVER said anything nearly this callous nor did President Clinton. This shows just how complete your support of trump is that you can defend this. Are you OK with trump calling high level Generals childish names like 'dopes and babies'?
Trump blasted top military generals as ‘a bunch of dopes and babies’

Dang Fred.... that is a pretty week response. All you seem to have is whataboutism as your main argument tool.
The following user(s) said Thank You: homeagain, koobookie

23 Jan 2020 13:56 #4 by Pony Soldier
I assume that y'all think that Trump shouldn't have taken the shot at Soleimani. Should he have waited until we had more deaths at his hands? Did you want full blown war with Iran? What should he have done differently?

23 Jan 2020 15:57 #5 by FredHayek
That is not the point I am making, that is the point HA is making. I was just asking her if she thinks combat experience should be a requirement. I was not saying anything about if the comments were inappropriate. I was not defending the comments or praising them.

driver8 wrote:

FredHayek wrote: Presidents Obama and Clinton never served either. Would you make it a requirement that all politicians have military combat experience? Even females?

SO you think the point is that he never served? That's it? You are OK with him holding soldiers in such disregard it appears.... President Obama NEVER said anything nearly this callous nor did President Clinton. This shows just how complete your support of trump is that you can defend this. Are you OK with trump calling high level Generals childish names like 'dopes and babies'?

Dang Fred.... that is a pretty week response. All you seem to have is whataboutism as your main argument tool.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

23 Jan 2020 17:56 #6 by Rick

towermonkey wrote: I assume that y'all think that Trump shouldn't have taken the shot at Soleimani. Should he have waited until we had more deaths at his hands? Did you want full blown war with Iran? What should he have done differently?

We all know there isn't any move the president could make that would be seen as smart, even if it was smart. If Obama killed the scumbag it would be similar to getting Bin Laden and Obama would have been pumping his chest.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

23 Jan 2020 19:05 #7 by Blazer Bob

driver8 wrote:

FredHayek wrote: ... Are you OK with trump calling high level Generals childish names like 'dopes and babies'?

I certainly am.There are at lest as many dopes and babies among "high level generals" as there are among high level admirals.
I would not be OK if he said to a bunch of low level enlisted.

24 Jan 2020 07:28 #8 by homeagain

towermonkey wrote: I assume that y'all think that Trump shouldn't have taken the shot at Soleimani. Should he have waited until we had more deaths at his hands? Did you want full blown war with Iran? What should he have done differently?

CONGRESS should have been notified, the appropriate figureheads should have been on board
AND it should have been a joint decision...the king opted to be the SOLE decider and it was his
plan for MONTHS.....CERTAINLY enough time to read in those who should have the HEAVY
decision to assassinate a country's leader.

THAT is not the issue....his total and complete dismissal of the immense implications of
his orders......someone's brother,uncle,father,son has to face a future of uncertain health
results from a "headache"....the KING keeps assuming HIS rights are all encompassing...that
the people of his kingdom are dispensable and NO apology OR explanation is required.

24 Jan 2020 07:37 #9 by Rick

homeagain wrote:

CONGRESS should have been notified, the appropriate figureheads should have been on board

How come you didn't have a problem with Obama droning everything he wanted including a couple American citizens without the approval of congress?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

24 Jan 2020 08:56 #10 by ramage
AND it should have been a joint decision

Definition of figurehead: a person who is head of a group, company, etc., in title but actually has no real authority or responsibility
Dictionary.com

From your comment HA, I deduce that you wish persons with no authority or responsibilty to be in the process and factor in the decision. Are you serious?

Time to create page: 0.179 seconds