the king's CONSIDERABLE ignorance of combat

11 Feb 2020 10:36 #51 by Pony Soldier

koobookie wrote:

Pony Soldier wrote: “Head trauma -- that exists, but it’s, you know, I viewed it a little bit differently than most and I won’t be changing my mind on that,” Trump said Monday.

His exact words. He's trying to downplay the injuries to avoid having to go to war. I don't want war either.

No, he's downplaying the traumatic brain injuries so that he can say he wasn't wrong in his initial proclamation that there were no injuries.

Please provide that link....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Feb 2020 11:05 #52 by koobookie

Pony Soldier wrote: “Head trauma -- that exists, but it’s, you know, I viewed it a little bit differently than most and I won’t be changing my mind on that,” Trump said Monday.

His exact words. He's trying to downplay the injuries to avoid having to go to war. I don't want war either.

Please provide that link....

11 Feb 2020 11:41 #53 by Pony Soldier
www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-iran-trump-idUSKCN1SM22O

You don't think we'd be at war if Trump wanted war? Really? Even peaceniks are calling for action after the TBI's.

11 Feb 2020 11:51 #54 by koobookie
Do you really think that is the reason he is downplaying the injuries? This is the guy who drew the false path of a hurricane with a sharpie on a map so he wouldn't be wrong.

11 Feb 2020 12:27 #55 by ramage
Having a discussion on the topic of TBI (traumatic brain injury) requires a definition of terms, specifically, traumatic brain injury
"Traumatic brain injury (TBI), a form of acquired brain injury, occurs when a sudden trauma causes damage to the brain. TBI can result when the head suddenly and violently hits an object, or when an object pierces the skull and enters brain tissue. Symptoms of a TBI can be mild, moderate, or severe, depending on the extent of the damage to the brain. A person with a mild TBI may remain conscious or may experience a loss of consciousness for a few seconds or minutes. Other symptoms of mild TBI include headache, confusion, lightheadedness, dizziness, blurred vision or tired eyes, ringing in the ears, bad taste in the mouth, fatigue or lethargy, a change in sleep patterns, behavioral or mood changes, and trouble with memory, concentration, attention, or thinking. A person with a moderate or severe TBI may show these same symptoms, but may also have a headache that gets worse or does not go away, repeated vomiting or nausea, convulsions or seizures, an inability to awaken from sleep, dilation of one or both pupils of the eyes, slurred speech, weakness or numbness in the extremities, loss of coordination, and increased confusion, restlessness, or agitation."
ninds.nih.gov

In layman's terms a TBI can range from a concussion (without a loss of consciousness, e.g. football players) to getting half of your head blown off. Over 3/4 of the soldiers who were diagnosed with TBI are back on duty. No one has had 1/2 his head blown off.
Your kid falls off his bicycle and does remember how it happened, DX: TBI in the ER. (Be prepared to have Social Services investigate you for child abuse).
Not to make light of injuries to our Armed Forces, but the sensationalism by the press is over the top.

11 Feb 2020 12:38 #56 by koobookie

ramage wrote: Not to make light of injuries to our Armed Forces, but the sensationalism by the press is over the top.

Not to make light of your response, but as a TBI survivor, and having many friends who also have TBI, I find the response by both you and the hero of Cult 45 to be insulting. TBI is serious. Trump stating that it is not as serious as other injuries is pathetic - especially coming from Captain Bone Spurs.

11 Feb 2020 16:11 - 11 Feb 2020 16:14 #57 by homeagain

navycpo7 wrote: So this is my take on everything I just read.

1. I do believe the President of the US should have some military experience,

2. Biggest problem I see with TBI's is, there may be nothing much in the beginning but down the road years later it may start to show problems. They should all be treated as serious and kept a watch on. And yes I have experience with this dealing with my son, who has 3 TBI's from being over there.

3. As far as Trump goes, killing the Iranian General, outstanding job. The general was not a head of state, he was a terrorist and along with him was another terrorist, so two terrorist killed is a good thing.

4. It is time for us to pull out and bring our troops home. Afghanistan will never be liberated. The Russians could not do it, we sure as hell will not do it. There has been fighting going on there for thousands of years. Same with Iraq, pull out, let them deal with their own stuff.

5. Presidents should be listening to the military advisers (generals and admirals), Most of have been there and done that, had that been done under Obama, Benghazi we would not have lost people, instead Obama fired both an Admiral and a General. Obama though along with Trump are not the only ones that have not listened. (Listen to the info they are given and then make a proper decision.)

I believe a person with PERSONAL experience has already weighed in on the definition....
it is STILL reprehensible that he can't acknowledge the injuries and there ramifications...:angry:

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds