There Will Be No Debates

14 Jul 2020 12:51 #41 by ScienceChic
That Florida has been reporting its data wrong has been the story since this pandemic began, nothing new there. Again, I don't look at cases exclusively, I look at hospitalizations and the lagging deaths following that - you can't fake those. Also, you cannot change the basic fundamentals of biology, chemistry, and physics of this virus nor the fact that over 135,000 people have died of COVID-19 and that's likely an under-count of COVID-related deaths. The number of deaths is above normal this year than in years past, and whether someone died because they delayed going to the hospital for a cardiac arrest (which may or may not have been directly related to a coronavirus infection) or cancer treatments, overall this pandemic is causing more people to die than usually would in a given year. We need to address it ALL - our infrastructure, our healthcare, income inequality, access to care/resources, and more.

From one of those publications that gets accused of being liberally biased:
‘How Could the CDC Make That Mistake?’
The government’s disease-fighting agency is conflating viral and antibody tests, compromising a few crucial metrics that governors depend on to reopen their economies. Pennsylvania, Georgia, Texas, and other states are doing the same.
Alexis C. Madrigal and Robinson Meyer, The Atlantic | May 21, 2020

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is conflating the results of two different types of coronavirus tests, distorting several important metrics and providing the country with an inaccurate picture of the state of the pandemic. We’ve learned that the CDC is making, at best, a debilitating mistake: combining test results that diagnose current coronavirus infections with test results that measure whether someone has ever had the virus. The upshot is that the government’s disease-fighting agency is overstating the country’s ability to test people who are sick with COVID-19. The agency confirmed to The Atlantic on Wednesday that it is mixing the results of viral and antibody tests, even though the two tests reveal different information and are used for different reasons.

Several states—including Pennsylvania, the site of one of the country’s largest outbreaks, as well as Texas, Georgia, and Vermont—are blending the data in the same way. Virginia likewise mixed viral and antibody test results until last week, but it reversed course and the governor apologized for the practice after it was covered by the Richmond Times-Dispatch and The Atlantic. Maine similarly separated its data on Wednesday; Vermont authorities claimed they didn’t even know they were doing this.

The widespread use of the practice means that it remains difficult to know exactly how much the country’s ability to test people who are actively sick with COVID-19 has improved.

Getting back to the topic at hand, I personally don't care if there are debates or not. I find them completely useless in deciding for whom to vote. Biden's record is extensive, Trump's the incumbent and his record the past 3+ years stands for itself, and at this point both Biden and Trump have been vetted. It comes down to whether you feel the country is better off now than it was before Trump started, and how well or not you feel those in power have done their jobs.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Jul 2020 16:39 #42 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic There Will Be No Debates
SC wrote
"That Florida has been reporting its data wrong has been the story since this pandemic began, nothing new there.
. Again, I don't look at cases exclusively, I look at hospitalizations and the lagging deaths following that - you can't fake those. Also, you cannot change the basic fundamentals of biology, chemistry, and physics of this virus nor the fact that over 135,000 people have died of COVID-19 and that's likely an under-count of COVID-related deaths"

Let's take this one sentence at a time.

" That Florida has been reporting its data wrong has been the story since this pandemic began, nothing new there"
Statement has no factual basis, if you can substantiate this claim please provide the information.

." Again, I don't look at cases exclusively, I look at hospitalizations and the lagging deaths following that - you can't fake those."
Right you can fake deaths, just what the cause of death as listed on the death certificate. Aside from that show us where Florida has a higher number of deaths than New York, NJ Connecticut, etc.

"Also, you cannot change the basic fundamentals of biology, chemistry, and physics of this virus nor the fact that over 135,000 people have died of COVID-19 and that's likely an under-count of COVID-related deaths."

First validate your premise and then provide the data that shows there is an under count of COVID-related deaths. Please do not refer to statistical models, provide the actual data.
Out of personal curiosity, what are the physics of this virus?

Finally,
" Trump's the incumbent and his record the past 3+ years stands for itself, and at this point both Biden and Trump have been vetted."

By that I take it to mean Trump's record not ad hominem attacks on his personality. I agree let's vote on the basis of the records of the two candidates.

14 Jul 2020 17:24 #43 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic There Will Be No Debates

ramage wrote: SC wrote
"That Florida has been reporting its data wrong has been the story since this pandemic began, nothing new there.
. Again, I don't look at cases exclusively, I look at hospitalizations and the lagging deaths following that - you can't fake those. Also, you cannot change the basic fundamentals of biology, chemistry, and physics of this virus nor the fact that over 135,000 people have died of COVID-19 and that's likely an under-count of COVID-related deaths"

Let's take this one sentence at a time.

" That Florida has been reporting its data wrong has been the story since this pandemic began, nothing new there"
Statement has no factual basis, if you can substantiate this claim please provide the information.

." Again, I don't look at cases exclusively, I look at hospitalizations and the lagging deaths following that - you can't fake those."
Right you can fake deaths, just what the cause of death as listed on the death certificate. Aside from that show us where Florida has a higher number of deaths than New York, NJ Connecticut, etc.

"Also, you cannot change the basic fundamentals of biology, chemistry, and physics of this virus nor the fact that over 135,000 people have died of COVID-19 and that's likely an under-count of COVID-related deaths."

First validate your premise and then provide the data that shows there is an under count of COVID-related deaths. Please do not refer to statistical models, provide the actual data.
Out of personal curiosity, what are the physics of this virus?

Finally,
" Trump's the incumbent and his record the past 3+ years stands for itself, and at this point both Biden and Trump have been vetted."

By that I take it to mean Trump's record not ad hominem attacks on his personality. I agree let's vote on the basis of the records of the two candidates.

www.forbes.com/sites/siladityaray/2020/0...ection/#63cf33ce127a

EXPLAIN THIS.....

14 Jul 2020 17:40 #44 by homeagain
www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/202...-coronavirus/608647/

OVERVIEW of obscene lies by the king....obviously the TRUTH has arrived and so has the repercussions of
an incompetent leader....

14 Jul 2020 18:17 #45 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic There Will Be No Debates
Please read my explanation submitted in a letter to the editor to Forbers.com, if they published it. Now,
In your own words tell us what you would like explained, I will be happy to answer.

15 Jul 2020 06:36 #46 by homeagain
[quote="ramage" post=370252]Please read my explanation submitted in a letter to the editor to Forbers.com, if they published it. Now,
In your own words tell us what you would like explained, I will be happy to answer.[/quote]

I'm sorry, that timeframe is indefinite,so why don't U do a short synopsis of your letter?

28 Jul 2020 14:18 #47 by Pony Soldier
I was just watching Biden give a presser and was amazed that the news is going along with this theatre. Biden had a list of reporters and you could tell he was going down the list that was given to him. He was reading his answers right off of a prompter. They screwed up and showed it in one of the shots. This guy can’t even give a presser. It’s a joke

28 Jul 2020 14:31 #48 by HEARTLESS
Replied by HEARTLESS on topic There Will Be No Debates
Give him his pudding cup and take him back downstairs.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds