BACK TO SCHOOL....but with contingency concerns

12 Jul 2020 11:15 #1 by homeagain
coloradosun.com/2020/07/12/colorado-coro...81&mc_eid=86d8ec5269

EDUCATION not going to be EASY.....here's what Colorado is contemplating ....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Jul 2020 11:31 - 12 Jul 2020 11:32 #2 by FredHayek
Online learning was revealed to be a waste of time, kids just weren't learning at home. I recently saw on Next Door a teacher was offering to host classes in her home for a fee to help kids who weren't learning via Zoom.
Interesting idea, but you have to wonder does it just mitigate the problem of kids in contact with each other and adults?
I hope kids going back to school is a success and the infection rate is small but I am worried. Hard for little kids and even some teenagers to remember to refrain from any physical contact.

I was watching highlights from a Rockies practice game and it was weird. No high fives for homeruns. No spitting. It just didn't look right. Schools will have a even harder time policing the no contact rules, they already can't stop bullying. How are they going to stop all physical contact?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

12 Jul 2020 12:37 #3 by Rick
The plan from the left seems to be to bankrupt as many businesses as possible while keeping our young people far behind the rest of the world when it comes to education. If you were trying to destroy America, I don't think there would be many ways that would be as efficient as this. More people dependent on government equates to more Democrat voters, so damn obvious.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

12 Jul 2020 13:29 #4 by homeagain

Rick wrote: The plan from the left seems to be to bankrupt as many businesses as possible while keeping our young people far behind the rest of the world when it comes to education. If you were trying to destroy America, I don't think there would be many ways that would be as efficient as this. More people dependent on government equates to more Democrat voters, so damn obvious.

www.vox.com/2020/7/10/21310099/schools-r...g-trump-public-covid
THIS is a macro view of the complexity of the issue.......AGAIN, the king KNEW IN Q1.....look at the
massive mess of unintended consequences.....

12 Jul 2020 13:40 #5 by ramage
According to John Solomon's JustTheNews:

A major teachers union is claiming that the re-opening of schools in its district cannot occur without several substantial policy provisions in place, including a "moratorium" on charter schools and the defunding of local police.

United Teachers Los Angeles, a 35,000-strong union in the Los Angeles Unified School District, made those demands in a policy paper it released this week. The organization called on local authorities to "keep school campuses closed when the semester begins on Aug. 18."

anticipating HA, AGAIN, the king KNEW IN Q1.

12 Jul 2020 14:49 #6 by koobookie

Rick wrote: The plan from the left seems to be to bankrupt as many businesses as possible while keeping our young people far behind the rest of the world when it comes to education. If you were trying to destroy America, I don't think there would be many ways that would be as efficient as this. More people dependent on government equates to more Democrat voters, so damn obvious.

Yeah, this is acceptable. Not.
Attachments:

12 Jul 2020 17:51 #7 by homeagain
OH BUT, that is a minuscule amount....statistically speaking...says the collective.

12 Jul 2020 18:11 #8 by koobookie
Remote learning works in other areas, like Alaska. Are we, as a nation, just going to give up on improving what might be wrong with remote learning? What happened to that old American Can Do spirit?

I'm starting to think that Trump and the Cult45 members just want kids to go back to school because they want the children out of the house.

By the way, it's a lot easier for a child to catch up on their education when they are alive.

12 Jul 2020 18:40 #9 by Pony Soldier
Schools have completely lost touch with between 10 and 20% of students since the stay at home edict was put into place. That's a lot of kids that are not getting an education remotely. The flu is 7 times more deadly than this virus for school aged kids. Just stop with the BS and political positioning and let the kids get back to school...

12 Jul 2020 19:26 #10 by koobookie
CDC reports an average of 37 to 187 deaths nationwide during flu seasons in the past.

www.cdc.gov/flu/highrisk/children.htm

While relatively rare, some children die from flu each year. Since 2004-2005, flu-related deaths in children reported to CDC during regular flu seasons have ranged from 37 to 187 deaths. Even though the reported number of deaths during the 2017-2018 flu season was 187, CDC’s mathematical models that account for the underreporting of flu-related deaths in children estimate the actual number was closer to 600.

One of the problems with this contagious disease is that if a child is infected, they will spread it to the teachers, school staff, bus drivers, siblings, parents, grandparents, etc. You know, the more vulnerable among us. This is how pandemics spread.

Are you willing to let that happen just so people can get their kids out of the home?

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds