Mitch McConnell - World Class Hypocrite

18 Sep 2020 21:21 #1 by ScienceChic
Setting a precedent of not voting on a Supreme Court nominee in the same year as a Presidential election so voters have the opportunity to "choose" who is likely to be nominated based on which presidential candidate wins the election? Fine. I'm okay with that.

Change the rules because it was the other party back then but your party now? That's f***ed up and a ticket to angering every Unaffiliated voter, a good number of moderates, and anyone who believes in fairness and the same rules being applied to all.

February 13, 2016 (342 days prior to election): “The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice,” McConnell said in a statement released after Scalia’s death. “Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president.”

Result: not a single confirmation hearing held for President Obama's nominee Merrick Garland

September 18, 2020 (46 days prior to election): "President Trump's nominee will receive a vote on the floor of the United States Senate."

The same day Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg dies. Before her funeral services have even been held.

Does this piss you off? If so, help him get voted out. Donate to his opponent, Amy McGrath: veteran, Democrat, non-incumbent. amymcgrath.com/

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Sep 2020 21:36 #2 by Pony Soldier
It was expected especially after the PA and MI decisions to cheat on the election. If we could be guaranteed a free and fair election, I’d be right there with you but when a Trump wins and then enough ballots are “found” later to overturn the result, it will be open civil war anyway.

18 Sep 2020 21:40 #3 by ScienceChic
Cite your evidence.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

18 Sep 2020 21:44 #4 by Blazer Bob
World Class Hypocrite

GREAT header for a thread.

I am shocked, shocked I tell you. Beyond my capacity to express in words.

19 Sep 2020 05:21 #5 by Pony Soldier

ScienceChic wrote: Cite your evidence.

Google ballot harvesting or I can do it for you when I have more time. Look at how many house races there were in 2018 where a Republican was ahead on Election Day only to flip days or weeks later after ballots were “found”. I know you’ll jump to media articles that all say eerily similar versions of the same thing - voter fraud doesn’t exist. As to that, I would refer you to George Orwell.

19 Sep 2020 05:24 #6 by Pony Soldier
Also, look at this:

www.nationalreview.com/2020/09/democrats...timization-election/

And remember how Shrillary says Biden shouldn’t concede on Election Day because he will win eventually

19 Sep 2020 06:26 #7 by HEARTLESS
Paybacks a .......!

The silent majority will be silent no more.

19 Sep 2020 07:17 #8 by homeagain
And the FOURTH TURNING now has a classic catalysis......THIS is the moment when ''WE WILL RISE''
becomes a reality....watch what happens within the coming months.

19 Sep 2020 08:18 #9 by ramage
Here is a good article: nationalreview.com

History Is on the Side of Republicans Filling a Supreme Court Vacancy in 2020
By DAN MCLAUGHLIN
August 7, 2020 2:48 PM

For SC,
Mollie
@MZHemingway
You can disagree with the McConnell rule, which was previously known as the Biden rule, but you should describe it accurately. It's no confirmations in a presidential election year *when senate and presidency are held by different parties.* Doesn't apply this year.
9:42 PM · Sep 18, 2020

19 Sep 2020 09:40 #10 by homeagain

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds