Thinking of Moving to Fiji

06 Jan 2021 07:11 #1 by Pony Soldier
With total dem domination now, we will quickly devolve into an authoritarian state. Life as we have known it is over. The end is near. Soon after the inauguration we will see Biden replaced by Harris leaving her to appoint the new President of the Senate. Rules will be changed in the Senate and the Republicans will cease to have any say or power. The SCOTUS will be expanded to easily become a rubber stamp. Puerto Rico and DC will be added as states cementing the Senate majority long into the future. All investigations against democrats will cease. New investigations against any uppity republicans will ensue. China will rule by proxy - hell they already do...

This country is f***ed. Thanks guys...

(I may have to stop posting here in order to avoid being sent to a re-education camp)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thumper100

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Jan 2021 07:44 #2 by homeagain
MY, MY....the race has not been officially called...the R's are STILL going to rally around Trump in the
Electoral College call....the seriously f.u.spectacle will progress thru the 20th AND all the $$$$$ SPENT
by the R's have exceeded our ability to recover the economy....NOW Trump can blame it on the D's.....
HE succeeded in handing over a complete and utter FUBAR...what is not to like? CHAOS,lack of critical thinking,confusion,collapse of trust,CONSTITUTION challenged (path for the NEXT Pres.) I'd say, what
a good job....WHY SO GLOOM?

06 Jan 2021 08:40 #3 by koobookie

Pony Soldier wrote: With total dem domination now, we will quickly devolve into an authoritarian state. Life as we have known it is over. The end is near. Soon after the inauguration we will see Biden replaced by Harris leaving her to appoint the new President of the Senate. Rules will be changed in the Senate and the Republicans will cease to have any say or power. The SCOTUS will be expanded to easily become a rubber stamp. Puerto Rico and DC will be added as states cementing the Senate majority long into the future. All investigations against democrats will cease. New investigations against any uppity republicans will ensue. China will rule by proxy - hell they already do...

(I may have to stop posting here in order to avoid being sent to a re-education camp)

Authoritarian state? Have you been paying attention to the actions of Trump and Republicans over the past four years? We are lucky to be able to reduce number of democracy hating conservatives in the government. I guess your viewpoint is what happens when you get your news from right wing echo chambers and conspiracy sites.

If you do move, good luck to you.

06 Jan 2021 08:55 #4 by Thumper100

koobookie wrote:

Pony Soldier wrote: With total dem domination now, we will quickly devolve into an authoritarian state. Life as we have known it is over. The end is near. Soon after the inauguration we will see Biden replaced by Harris leaving her to appoint the new President of the Senate. Rules will be changed in the Senate and the Republicans will cease to have any say or power. The SCOTUS will be expanded to easily become a rubber stamp. Puerto Rico and DC will be added as states cementing the Senate majority long into the future. All investigations against democrats will cease. New investigations against any uppity republicans will ensue. China will rule by proxy - hell they already do...

Authoritarian state? Have you been paying attention to the actions of Trump and Republicans over the past four years? We are lucky to be able to reduce number of democracy hating conservatives in the government. I guess your viewpoint is what happens when you get your news from right wing echo chambers and conspiracy sites.

If you do move, good luck to you.

Yes, we already mitigated the trump and republican attempts at an authoritarian state. Attempting to steal elections to remain in power? Check.

06 Jan 2021 09:58 #5 by Pony Soldier
Just to try one more time for reason, what, specifically, has Trump done that is even close to authoritarian? He has pushed to give power back to states where it belongs. He has fought in the American people’s corner at every turn, mostly against his own party. Biden has always done the opposite.

06 Jan 2021 10:32 #6 by Pony Soldier
List of things Biden has pledged to do:

1. Open Borders - this will swamp our borders, safety net systems, and health systems. Wages will drop like a rock

2. Reenter the Iran nuke pact - This will not make much difference other than throwing shade for Iran to complete nukes. Israel will attack and all out war will ensue. I ave no idea which side we will be on, probably both.

3. Reenter the Paris Accords - this will hand China the victory they have sought for so long. Silver platter. They won't even need the traitorous politicians they so carefully groomed over the years.

4. Ban Fracking - Yeah, I know he's been on both sides of this issue in his <ahem> campaign, but we all know where he really stands. And yes, he promised to do it.

5. Mandatory vaccination - while he hasn't officially backed this yet, Fauci has and he is making Fauci his voice.

Fiji is sounding better and better, but I think I'll stick around and see if I can steer things back towards the center from the fascist utopia that the left is creating.

06 Jan 2021 11:06 #7 by koobookie

Pony Soldier wrote: Just to try one more time for reason, what, specifically, has Trump done that is even close to authoritarian? He has pushed to give power back to states where it belongs. He has fought in the American people’s corner at every turn, mostly against his own party. Biden has always done the opposite.

Most recently, he's trying to overturn a free and fair election. I know you will never agree, but those are the actions of an authoritarian, a dictator, trying to cancel an election.

His view that the press is "the enemy of the people." That's a wannabe dictator position.

His installation of cronies and most importantly, family members, into positions of power. Nepotism. Remember Saddam's sons?

Politicizing the Department of Justice to thwart his political opponents, or to silence them. "Lock her up." Even though he didn't actually investigate Hillary, the threats he has made are the actions of an authoritarian, around which his supporters have rallied.

If you are truly interested in understanding, here are links to more examples:

www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/0...tarian-covid/609304/

www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/nov/18/...amine-telltale-signs

06 Jan 2021 11:12 - 06 Jan 2021 11:14 #8 by homeagain
www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37982000

MIXED MESSAGING .....(LIKE OTHER PRES.)....Trumps total tally of pledges..NOTICE the budget is
blind sided and bulging like a bloated Baby Trump blimp....:iceplunge:

06 Jan 2021 11:41 #9 by Blazer Bob
townhall.com/columnists/dennisprager/202...good-german-n2582563

..."Prior to the lockdowns, I flew almost every week of the year, so I was approached by people who recognized me on a regular basis. Increasingly, I noticed that people would look around to see if anyone was within earshot and then tell me in almost a whisper: "I support Trump" or, "I'm a conservative." The last time people looked around and whispered things to me was when I used to visit the Soviet Union."...

06 Jan 2021 12:06 #10 by hillfarmer
Even tRump's great sycophant, Mike Pence, has abandoned him O woe to the Republic.

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds