Thinking of Moving to Fiji

06 Jan 2021 20:01 #21 by FredHayek

Thumper100 wrote:

koobookie wrote:

Pony Soldier wrote: With total dem domination now, we will quickly devolve into an authoritarian state. Life as we have known it is over. The end is near. Soon after the inauguration we will see Biden replaced by Harris leaving her to appoint the new President of the Senate. Rules will be changed in the Senate and the Republicans will cease to have any say or power. The SCOTUS will be expanded to easily become a rubber stamp. Puerto Rico and DC will be added as states cementing the Senate majority long into the future. All investigations against democrats will cease. New investigations against any uppity republicans will ensue. China will rule by proxy - hell they already do...

This country is f***ed. Thanks guys...

(I may have to stop posting here in order to avoid being sent to a re-education camp)

Authoritarian state? Have you been paying attention to the actions of Trump and Republicans over the past four years? We are lucky to be able to reduce number of democracy hating conservatives in the government. I guess your viewpoint is what happens when you get your news from right wing echo chambers and conspiracy sites.

If you do move, good luck to you.

Yes, we already mitigated the trump and republican attempts at an authoritarian state. Attempting to steal elections to remain in power? Check.

Authoritarian state? That is a laugh. Rules and regulations decreased under President Trump. They will increase with a Democratic Congress and White House. The only thing standing in their way will be constitutional judges and justices.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Jan 2021 20:16 #22 by Thumper100

FredHayek wrote:

Thumper100 wrote:

koobookie wrote:

Pony Soldier wrote: With total dem domination now, we will quickly devolve into an authoritarian state. Life as we have known it is over. The end is near. Soon after the inauguration we will see Biden replaced by Harris leaving her to appoint the new President of the Senate. Rules will be changed in the Senate and the Republicans will cease to have any say or power. The SCOTUS will be expanded to easily become a rubber stamp. Puerto Rico and DC will be added as states cementing the Senate majority long into the future. All investigations against democrats will cease. New investigations against any uppity republicans will ensue. China will rule by proxy - hell they already do...

(I may have to stop posting here in order to avoid being sent to a re-education camp)

Authoritarian state? Have you been paying attention to the actions of Trump and Republicans over the past four years? We are lucky to be able to reduce number of democracy hating conservatives in the government. I guess your viewpoint is what happens when you get your news from right wing echo chambers and conspiracy sites.

Yes, we already mitigated the trump and republican attempts at an authoritarian state. Attempting to steal elections to remain in power? Check.

Authoritarian state? That is a laugh. Rules and regulations decreased under President Trump. They will increase with a Democratic Congress and White House. The only thing standing in their way will be constitutional judges and justices.

Rules have decreased under trump so it's easier to have an authoritarian state! Dems realize this and will increase the rules so it's more difficult for a wannabe authoritarian. All trump worshipers are a laugh.

07 Jan 2021 07:09 #23 by Pony Soldier
Attachments:

07 Jan 2021 08:19 #24 by FredHayek

Thumper100 wrote:

FredHayek wrote:

Thumper100 wrote:

koobookie wrote:

Rules have decreased under trump so it's easier to have an authoritarian state! Dems realize this and will increase the rules so it's more difficult for a wannabe authoritarian. All trump worshipers are a laugh.

:silly: Best example of Newsspeak I have seen this year. "Less rules mean more authoritarianism!" You are quite humorous.

07 Jan 2021 09:01 #25 by Thumper100

FredHayek wrote:

Thumper100 wrote:

FredHayek wrote:

Thumper100 wrote:

koobookie wrote:

:silly: Best example of Newsspeak I have seen this year. "Less rules mean more authoritarianism!" You are quite humorous.

What we've got here is failure to communicate. I'm referring to the rules to keep the power of the president in check. Those rules have been bent or broken during the trump regime and it has led the country to this. I hope the incoming administration will impose more checks on the president and get us back to the three co-equal branches of government thus making it much harder for any future wannabe dictator.

07 Jan 2021 09:28 #26 by Pony Soldier
We have never had 3 co-equal branches of government and were never supposed to. That is a myth.

07 Jan 2021 12:48 #27 by Thumper100

Pony Soldier wrote: We have never had 3 co-equal branches of government and were never supposed to. That is a myth.

I guess you know more about how the government is supposed to function than the government itself. I'm impressed!

https://www.uscourts.gov/educational-resources/educational-activities/separation-powers-action-us-v-alvarez

08 Jan 2021 06:57 #28 by FredHayek

Pony Soldier wrote: We have never had 3 co-equal branches of government and were never supposed to. That is a myth.

I always think Congress was supposed to have the most power, they created the Constitution. Early Supreme Court justices grabbed a chunk, and judges keep trying to gather more. Presidents have tried to grab more power as the nation grew. And during the Cold War, Congress ceded way too much to the Executive Branch. I would like to see them take it back. Will Biden be a strong president who refuses to give it up? Or as a former member of the Senate, will he cede it up?

08 Jan 2021 09:49 #29 by Pony Soldier
Exactly. Congress was always intended to have the most power but with checks and balances from the other branches. I would argue that the executive grabbed most of its current power under Lincoln when he had Senators and Justices arrested. He is remembered for freeing slaves, but that was not high on his priority list.

11 Jan 2021 20:34 #30 by Blazer Bob

Pony Soldier wrote: Exactly. Congress was always intended to have the most power but with checks and balances from the other branches. I would argue that the executive grabbed most of its current power under Lincoln when he had Senators and Justices arrested. He is remembered for freeing slaves, but that was not high on his priority list.

It did not need to be grabbed. I think congress is a herd of Judas goats They will be happy to genuflect to anyone who will sent them a steak and a concubine every night.

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds