U.S. Capitol Locked Down As Far-Right Protesters Enter The Building

07 Jan 2021 13:13 #11 by koobookie
Seriously, what sort of leadership is Trump providing right now? What's he doing? All his usual social media outlets have been taken from him, like parent does to a petulant toddler. He has the power and bully pulpit of the presidency. Why isn't he reassuring the American public that he still has all his mental faculties, that he hasn't gone over the edge?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Jan 2021 15:02 #12 by Pony Soldier
What does it matter? He’s agreed to a smooth transition and will be gone in less than two weeks. These events, while being played up by the media as the worst thing ever, don’t even scratch the surface of the death and destruction that the left has wrought over the last year. Go ahead and clutch your pearls and whine, but the fact is that the right is just now starting to wake up. Beware sleeping giants.

07 Jan 2021 18:20 #13 by Thumper100
So now US Capitol Police officer has died, murdered by trump supports. No biggie though am I right?

07 Jan 2021 18:46 #14 by Pony Soldier
Its great to hear that you finally care about the police. You didn't seem to give a rats ass when they were being murdered in cold blood all over the country by BLM and antifa. Remember the riots in June in DC? The ones where they breached the barricades at the White House and the president had to be rushed to a bunker? The ones where they burned St. John's church right across from the White House because they couldn't get to Trump? As I remember, more that 70 officers were injured then. Remember just a couple of days ago when violent protesters were trying to knock down Josh Hawley's door of his house to get at his wife and infant? No biggie though am I right?

08 Jan 2021 06:40 #15 by FredHayek
It will be interesting to see what they say about this story twenty years from now. The Swan Song of a one term president? Or might it be lumped in with the Summer of riots, police stations, courthouses, and even the US Capitol were seized by discontented Americans.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

08 Jan 2021 08:28 #16 by koobookie

Pony Soldier wrote: Its great to hear that you finally care about the police. You didn't seem to give a rats ass when they were being murdered in cold blood all over the country by BLM and antifa. Remember the riots in June in DC? The ones where they breached the barricades at the White House and the president had to be rushed to a bunker? The ones where they burned St. John's church right across from the White House because they couldn't get to Trump? As I remember, more that 70 officers were injured then. Remember just a couple of days ago when violent protesters were trying to knock down Josh Hawley's door of his house to get at his wife and infant? No biggie though am I right?

So, you don't care about the officer that died during Trump's failed insurrection because you think a liberal on this board didn't care about the injuries sustained during the violent protests this past summer?

08 Jan 2021 08:58 #17 by koobookie
Let's also be clear on the false equivalency of the George Floyd riots and the Trump Insurrection.

One is a protest against decades of violence perpetrated against blacks. It was a protest against racist policies in our society.

The other is incitement of violent rebellion instigated and incited by a sitting president against a fair election and against democracy itself. It was an attack on our Constitution.

The loss of life is awful and could have been prevented in both situations.

08 Jan 2021 11:15 - 08 Jan 2021 11:18 #18 by Thumper100

Pony Soldier wrote: Its great to hear that you finally care about the police. You didn't seem to give a rats ass when they were being murdered in cold blood all over the country by BLM and antifa. Remember the riots in June in DC? The ones where they breached the barricades at the White House and the president had to be rushed to a bunker? The ones where they burned St. John's church right across from the White House because they couldn't get to Trump? As I remember, more that 70 officers were injured then. Remember just a couple of days ago when violent protesters were trying to knock down Josh Hawley's door of his house to get at his wife and infant? No biggie though am I right?

Wow, so you just assume that I couldn't care less before. How do you have any idea what I was thinking? Are you a mind reader?

Fine if you want to play that game since you are a trump supporter you hate everyone that isn't white.

08 Jan 2021 12:08 #19 by hillfarmer

08 Jan 2021 13:26 #20 by FredHayek

koobookie wrote: Seriously, what sort of leadership is Trump providing right now? What's he doing? All his usual social media outlets have been taken from him, like parent does to a petulant toddler. He has the power and bully pulpit of the presidency. Why isn't he reassuring the American public that he still has all his mental faculties, that he hasn't gone over the edge?

He is tweeting again this morning but I don't really care. The less I hear from the government the better.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds