U.S. Capitol Locked Down As Far-Right Protesters Enter The Building

07 Apr 2021 06:52 #51 by homeagain
NO WORRIES..... it is just the Fourth Turning finding footing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Apr 2021 07:15 #52 by Rick

homeagain wrote: NO WORRIES..... it is just the Fourth Turning finding footing.

LOL, the answer to everything.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

07 Apr 2021 08:02 #53 by homeagain
YEP, because the time for ACTION, not bullshit, is upon us.

07 Apr 2021 19:23 #54 by Rick

homeagain wrote: YEP, because the time for ACTION, not bullshit, is upon us.

Ok then, I'm game, what action should be taken?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

08 Apr 2021 06:55 #55 by homeagain

Rick wrote:

homeagain wrote: YEP, because the time for ACTION, not bullshit, is upon us.

Ok then, I'm game, what action should be taken?

THAT is the decision of everyday Americans....U stand up for justice and equality OR we allow the
destruction and decay to continue...either way, the nation,as we know it, will change. The future is fubared,
unless constructive,concentrated effort is forth coming ASAP.

A national tax,or even a GLOBAL tax....(NOW there is a out of box bold decision) is a start, BIPARTISANSHIP
is paramount,*there is the crux of the problem ....working together to HEAL a crippled nation ,what a concept)

08 Apr 2021 07:13 #56 by Pony Soldier
So... adding a tax -(a global tax? WTF is that??) will somehow move us towards unity and healing... How? The economy is already crumbling. Adding a tax won’t fix it. Stopping the unending spendfest of our kid’s futures might be a better start, no?

08 Apr 2021 07:36 #57 by Rick

Pony Soldier wrote: So... adding a tax -(a global tax? WTF is that??) will somehow move us towards unity and healing... How? The economy is already crumbling. Adding a tax won’t fix it. Stopping the unending spendfest of our kid’s futures might be a better start, no?

You beat me to it. Who decides what this global tax should be and how in the hell would that money be spent? How could we ever trust that the money wouldn't be wasted or corruptly spent when we can't even trust our own government to be transparent? This is one of the more ridiculous proposals I've heard in a long time.

George Orwell

08 Apr 2021 07:57 #58 by homeagain
apnews.com/article/janet-yellen-minimum-...6a8b9f8bd5411bfe62d5

here's the link.....

as I stated before, our two parties get their shit together FAST, or there is NO FUTURE FOR YOUR GRAND
CHILDREN.

The childish,lewd,laughable R' AND D'S r playing fast and loose with our lives....and WE let them.

Again, I have gone head to head with our local city council,Mayor,city atty.,city mgr.....THEY R playing
fast and loose with power.

08 Apr 2021 12:04 #59 by Pony Soldier
Back to the original topic, it seems that of the "5 people killed by crazed Trump supporters" on January 6th, only 1 died of actual violence and it was Ashli Babbit who was murdered while unarmed by Capitol Hill Police. the others died of natural causes for 2 - stroke and heart attack, and one died of amphetamine overdose. Still no report for Sicknick.... [sarcasm]I wonder why that is? [/sarcasm]

www.forbes.com/sites/jemimamcevoy/2021/0...ick/?sh=5f90a5d24100

08 Apr 2021 18:21 #60 by Wayne Harrison
It's not just the dead...

Police union says 140 officers injured in Capitol riot

“I have officers who were not issued helmets prior to the attack who have sustained head injuries,” Gus Papathanasiou, union chairman, said in a statement Wednesday. “One officer has two cracked ribs and two smashed spinal discs and another was stabbed with a metal fence stake, to name some of the injuries.”

Capitol Police Officer Brian D. Sicknick died after trying to defend the Capitol from rioters. One Capitol Police officer and one D.C. police officer who were responding on the scene have died by suicide since the attack.

www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safe...77b5b0297_story.html

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds