Biden accomplishments

07 Jun 2021 10:02 #391 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic Biden accomplishments
Wayne Harrison, 6 June 2021 17:32

1. Most of the estimated jobs were temporary, so they would have been lost anyway..

www.statesman.com/story/news/politics/po...ct-check/6673822002/

That’s close to what the State Department found in its 2014 report.

In the report, the agency wrote that 10,400 estimated positions would be for seasonal construction work lasting four to eight-month periods. Since the State Department defines "job" as "one position that is filled for 1 year," that would equate to approximately 3,900 jobs over a two-year period.

In short: Most of the estimated jobs were temporary.

Your citation.

Nice picture, did you expect tar sand to be as clear as our mountain water?

" some people pushing a pipeline don't want to admit that." There you go again, anonymous sources.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Jun 2021 10:22 #392 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Biden accomplishments
40 pages and still not one accomplishment posted that is good for the American people.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

07 Jun 2021 10:25 #393 by Wayne Harrison

ramage wrote: Nice picture, did you expect tar sand to be as clear as our mountain water?

" some people pushing a pipeline don't want to admit that." There you go again, anonymous sources.

No, I didn't expect tar sand to be a clear as mountain water. Whatever gave you that idea? If it were that clear, there probably wouldn't be the controversy over the XL pipeline.

I'm not pushing "anonymous sources" here. I'm posting my observation, based on reading comments from pro-KeystoneXL pipeline people.

07 Jun 2021 10:37 #394 by koobookie
Replied by koobookie on topic Biden accomplishments

Rick wrote: 40 pages and still not one accomplishment posted that is good for the American people.

I suspect that you really don't want to know what he has accomplished in his first five months as President. If you do a little digging in the internet you would find these:

oliverwillis.com/joe-biden-accomplishments-the-full-list/

capaction.medium.com/what-has-joe-done-f...shments-98c71f9ce2d8

www.foxnews.com/opinion/biden-top-10-ach...ents-leslie-marshall

www.cnn.com/2021/04/28/politics/presiden...-100-days/index.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wayne Harrison

07 Jun 2021 11:52 #395 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Biden accomplishments
RESEARCH????.that is too much trouble....when u can just spew out sewage and call it fact. It is actually called A POV......the pov is Biden bad,Trump terrific and there U have it, a FATALLY FRACTURED NATION.

It is beyond sad,it is tragic. JMO

07 Jun 2021 13:30 #396 by Rick

koobookie wrote:

Rick wrote: 40 pages and still not one accomplishment posted that is good for the American people.

I suspect that you really don't want to know what he has accomplished in his first five months as President. If you do a little digging in the internet you would find these:

oliverwillis.com/joe-biden-accomplishments-the-full-list/

capaction.medium.com/what-has-joe-done-f...shments-98c71f9ce2d8

www.foxnews.com/opinion/biden-top-10-ach...ents-leslie-marshall

www.cnn.com/2021/04/28/politics/presiden...-100-days/index.html

Ugh, you guys and your lists and links. How about just give me two or three accomplishments that are undeniably beneficial to Americans in your opinion that the average half wit couldn't do with unlimited amounts of taxpayer money. I looked at a lot of those and don't see many as being accomplishments, but we can debate the ones you pick.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

07 Jun 2021 13:46 #397 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic Biden accomplishments
Rick,
Try this quote in order to get an answer:

" Why don't you speak for yourself, John"

You are Priscilla, and our Kooobookie is John Alden.

reference: H.W. Longfellow, "The Courtship of Miles Standish"

Wayne,
Why post the picture? Does anyone think that tar sand does not look like what its name suggests Even if the oil was as clear as mountain water there would be protests. Do not forget they are protesting fossil fuels not the clarity of the material flowing through the pipeline.
Once again you tell us that pro-Keystone XL pipeline people made comments. Who are these people, anonymous sources perhaps? Again it is your citation that does not name the commentators and you are willing to go along with the statement. I will not accept that shoddy reporting.

07 Jun 2021 13:49 #398 by Rick

homeagain wrote: RESEARCH????.that is too much trouble....when u can just spew out sewage and call it fact. It is actually called A POV......the pov is Biden bad,Trump terrific and there U have it, a FATALLY FRACTURED NATION.

It is beyond sad,it is tragic. JMO

You drop links every 5 minutes and call them facts but never seem to want to talk about what you gleaned from those links. Research, as I remember in college, requires a summary of your understanding. Your "research" is always finding a link then asking me to look at it. If I know your view on it and I know that you understand what is in the article, I'll always be happy to debate you on the information. As you should know, just because you find information on the internet, that doesn't mean the information is correct or that it answers questions posed.

George Orwell

07 Jun 2021 14:34 - 07 Jun 2021 14:34 #399 by koobookie
Replied by koobookie on topic Biden accomplishments

Rick wrote: Ugh, you guys and your lists and links. How about just give me two or three accomplishments that are undeniably beneficial to Americans in your opinion that the average half wit couldn't do with unlimited amounts of taxpayer money. I looked at a lot of those and don't see many as being accomplishments, but we can debate the ones you pick.

Let me see if I can paraphrase what you wrote:
"I cannot be bothered with wading through all the data that you have supplied. Just give me an easy sound bite to digest that doesn't make me think too hard."

Does that about summarize your position?

In some posts, you ask for facts and data. In others, you want only summaries. And in others, you want only opinions.
The following user(s) said Thank You: homeagain

07 Jun 2021 14:44 #400 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Biden accomplishments
Team Biden Accomplishments: Forgetting the 77th anniversary of D-Day. Intentional? Or a failure of an incompetent administration? What would the media have said if the Trump White House made a similar mistake?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.406 seconds