Biden accomplishments

06 Jun 2021 09:04 #381 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Biden accomplishments

Wayne Harrison wrote: Now do the Trump economy at the end of the Obama economy.

I really have to ask: Is "Biden Accomplishments" a discussion to post Biden's accomplishments or slam every thing he does?

Hannity is already jumping on Biden for riding a bike five miles with his wife on her birthday in the middle of the week.

Unemployment went to record lows during the first three years of the Trump economy. Record lows for minorities and very low for women. And while during Obama, going from 12 to 8% is good, it is a lot easier than going from 8% to 4%.

Biden rolling in after a pandemic is ending and claiming credit for the gains is laughable. He put the nation in deep debt, even deeper than Trump and Pelosi had to prime the pump. So while he is sending out huge checks to states and cities, beware, our kids will eventually blame us for the bills the Boomers and Generation X left them.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Jun 2021 09:32 #382 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Biden accomplishments

Wayne Harrison wrote:
I really have to ask: Is "Biden Accomplishments" a discussion to post Biden's accomplishments or slam every thing he does?

In stead of asking that question, why not post one of Biden's accomplishments that is going to make America a better place to live? I could use a little good news... could you provide some?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

06 Jun 2021 12:37 #383 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic Biden accomplishments
In that I started the thread with the following Biden accomplishments:

1. He killed 50,000 jobs and immediately increased fuel prices by nixing the XL Pipeline

2. He made the country much less safe by reversing the travel ban from countries who could not vet their people.

3. He made sure that illegal aliens are counted in the census to take our tax money and representation away from citizens.

4. He stopped construction of the border wall.

5. He sent an amnesty bill (written by the US Chamber of Commerce) that will allow every single illegal immigrant who was here on January 1st to become a voting citizen in 8 years. Note that it will be illegal for anyone to actually check if someone was truly here by that date.

6. He extended the eviction and foreclosure moratorium until March 31 further driving landlords into bankruptcy and sending properties to banks.

7. He called for unity while in the same breath called half of Americans domestic terrorists.

I must ask why is this considered bashing him? He did all of these things. Is it your opinion that he should not have done so? Biden took credit for each for these.
How is it bashing when one highlights the actions of Biden?

Another recent accomplishment, he withdrew his attempt to discriminate on a racial basis, distribution of covid relief funds. Of course this was after the Courts told him it was unconstitutional.

Yet another Biden accomplishment. My bank account is $1400 richer due to his helicopter money.
My grandchildren will pay for it with interest.

06 Jun 2021 17:32 #384 by Wayne Harrison
1. Most of the estimated jobs were temporary, so they would have been lost anyway..

www.statesman.com/story/news/politics/po...ct-check/6673822002/

2. On Inauguration Day, President Biden rescinded a policy widely known as the “Muslim ban” — a Trump administration-imposed ban on allowing people from seven Muslim-majority countries to travel to the United States. Biden has called the policy “morally wrong” and “designed to target primarily Black and Brown immigrants.” Polls show that U.S. public opinion is on his side.

www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/01/...pport-that-decision/

3. The Trump administration’s protracted efforts to keep some immigrants from being counted when congressional seats are divvied up after the 2020 census ended with the former president’s departure from the White House, but President Joe Biden's administration inherits a census running far behind schedule.

Among his first acts after being inaugurated, Biden on Wednesday is expected to sign an executive order undoing his predecessor’s plan to keep undocumented immigrants from being included in the state-by-state tallies that determine how those living in the U.S. are represented in Congress for the next 10 years.

Trump’s plan to fundamentally alter the process had already been foiled by processing delays, but Biden’s order serves as an official reversal as state lawmakers wait for the detailed census results they need to reconfigure political districts to reflect a decade’s worth of population growth.

www.texastribune.org/2021/01/20/undocume...grants-census-count/

4. Good. Trump was taking money from the Defense Department and elsewhere to finance his original campaign promise. Congress wouldn't even fund it.

5. Good.

6. The order that was originally enacted under the Trump administration.

7. Those who supported Trump during the Capitol riot are not "half of Americans." Those people are who he called "domestic terrorists," and they are.

06 Jun 2021 18:39 #385 by ramage
Obviously it isn't a major impediment to offer a refutation of "Biden's accomplishments" Why do you resort to simply saying that it is Biden bashing.

Have to appreciate that your reference states:

In the report, the agency wrote that 10,400 estimated positions would be for seasonal construction work lasting four to eight-month periods. Since the State Department defines "job" as "one position that is filled for 1 year," that would equate to approximately 3,900 jobs over a two-year period.

Perhaps you are unaware that all construction jobs are "temporary"" i.e. the building is finished etc.

06 Jun 2021 19:19 #386 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Biden accomplishments
Shutting down oil leases on federal land not only hurts unemployment numbers, it also raises the price of gasoline, which is a big strain on the working poor. $3.09, last gas station I saw.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

06 Jun 2021 22:54 #387 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic Biden accomplishments
"The Secure Fence Act was introduced on Sept. 13, 2006 by Rep Peter King (R-NY) and passed Congress on a bi-partisan basis. In the House of Representatives, the Fence Act passed 283 -138 on September 14, 2006. On September 29, 2006, the Fence Act passed in the Senate 80 -19."

lidblog.com/trumps-wall/

07 Jun 2021 07:35 #388 by Wayne Harrison

ramage wrote: In the report, the agency wrote that 10,400 estimated positions would be for seasonal construction work lasting four to eight-month periods. Since the State Department defines "job" as "one position that is filled for 1 year," that would equate to approximately 3,900 jobs over a two-year period.

I'm terrible at math. How did you arrive at your final figure?

Also, why are you so big a tar sands oil? Tar sands oil is more polluting to produce, transport and refine than conventional oil because it contains more carbon and more toxic substances, such as heavy metals and sulfur.

07 Jun 2021 08:10 #389 by ramage
Those numbers are from your citation.

With regard to tar sands oil, your comment is typical of the liberal mindset. You use the word "more" 3 times, yet supply no facts to judge the statement. Does "more" mean .01%, .1%, 1% etc.
Making it sound ominous does not make it right.

07 Jun 2021 09:08 #390 by Wayne Harrison
So "Since the State Department defines "job" as "one position that is filled for 1 year," that would equate to approximately 3,900 jobs over a two-year period." is in the report I cited?

BTW, I used "not permanent jobs" in the context of people claiming the number of people employed by the pipeline would be in the thousands, even after it was built. When TC Energy said the pipeline would create nearly 119,000 jobs, a State Department report instead concluded the project would require fewer than 2,000 two-year construction jobs and that the number of jobs would hover around 35 after construction,

www.nrdc.org/stories/what-keystone-pipeline#whatis

Tar sand (see below) is not anywhere close to crude oil but some people pushing a pipeline don't want to admit that.

"Unlike conventional crude oil, which is a liquid that be pumped from belowground deposits and then piped to refineries, bitumen requires additional effort to extract and transport."

www.cleanwisconsin.org/under-the-lens-ju...oil-for-the-climate/

A National Geographic article on the problems with Canadian tar sands:

www.nationalgeographic.com/environment/a...us-people-fight-back

When all is said and done, the tar sand dilbit is already flowing to the US via the original Keystone pipeline.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.372 seconds