January 6th Bipartisan Commission

04 Jun 2021 10:32 #31 by Wayne Harrison
I'm interested in the "behind-the-scenes" stuff and if it was a coordinated effort on the part of certain groups or individuals. You can't find that out just by watching it on TV.

The truth will eventually come out.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Jun 2021 14:04 #32 by homeagain
I truly do not think the truth about JFK has been exposed.....LOTS of conspiracies , lots of question marks
in the official Commissioned report.....too many mob connections,too many "favors",too many enemies.
The government has secrets that will NEVER come to light.

08 Jun 2021 08:15 #33 by Wayne Harrison
Capitol Police had intelligence about invasion weeks before riot, Senate probe finds

The findings represent the most detailed and bipartisan public account of the security failures that led to the Jan. 6 riot. It comes as Congress is debating legislation to fund Capitol safety improvements.

The report shows how an intelligence arm of the Capitol Police disseminated security assessments labeling the threat of violence “remote” to “improbable,” even as authorities collected evidence showing that pro-Trump activists intended to bring weapons to the demonstration and “storm the Capitol.”

According to the report, Capitol Police intelligence officers knew as early as Dec. 21 that protesters planned to “bring guns” and other weapons to the Jan. 6 demonstration and turn them on any law enforcement officers who blocked their entry into the Capitol. They knew that would-be rioters were sharing maps of the Capitol campus online and discussing the building’s best entry points — and how to seal them off to trap lawmakers inside. But that information was shared only with command officers.

www.washingtonpost.com/national-security...96c7393af_story.html

09 Jun 2021 16:18 #34 by Wayne Harrison
op federal intelligence agencies failed to adequately warn law enforcement officials before the Jan. 6 riot that pro-Trump extremists were threatening violence, according to a new report by two Senate committees.

The 127-page joint report, a product of more than three months of hearings and interviews and reviews of thousands of pages of documents, presents a damning portrait of the preparations and response at multiple levels. Law enforcement officials did not take seriously threats of violence, it found, and a dysfunctional police force at the Capitol lacked the capacity to respond effectively when those threats materialized.

www.nytimes.com/2021/06/08/us/politics/c...&smid=tw-nytpolitics

09 Jun 2021 17:00 #35 by homeagain
The question STILL remains...why was it not filtered down to the"boots on the ground"?

10 Jun 2021 10:33 #36 by Rick
Here's a hypothetical:

Lets say the same group of people who tried to burn down the church near the capital decided to break into the capital building. Lets say an unarmed black woman was shot by a white cop while trying break through a door.

Question, would we know the name of that officer and would there have been an investigation and trial to establish whether or not the shooting was justified? While I fully expect a deflection here, I just can't stop trying.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

10 Jun 2021 12:05 #37 by koobookie

Rick wrote: Here's a hypothetical:

Lets say the same group of people who tried to burn down the church near the capital decided to break into the capital building. Lets say an unarmed black woman was shot by a white cop while trying break through a door.

Question, would we know the name of that officer and would there have been an investigation and trial to establish whether or not the shooting was justified? While I fully expect a deflection here, I just can't stop trying.

Wouldn't it be nice if there was some sort of Congressional Investigation into the event to help us find the answers?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wayne Harrison

10 Jun 2021 20:44 #38 by Wayne Harrison
Also, there's this:

When asked why it’s chosen not to disclose the name of Babbitt’s shooter, the U.S. Capitol Police told Forbes in an email that this is “standard procedure when there are concerns for an officer’s safety, as there are in this case.”

www.forbes.com/sites/jemimamcevoy/2021/0...t-not-ashli-babbitt/

The family of Ashli Babbitt, the woman who was shot and killed by Capitol Police during the Jan. 6 riot, is seeking the records of the officer who shot her after federal prosecutors said charges would not be brought against him.

thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/new...pitol-police-officer

11 Jun 2021 08:30 #39 by Rick

koobookie wrote:

Rick wrote: Here's a hypothetical:

Wouldn't it be nice if there was some sort of Congressional Investigation into the event to help us find the answers?

Yes, it would be great if it wasn't another one sided hit job like the Russia investigation.

It's hard to tell if the media sets the narrative or if it's the Democrats. I watch and read liberal news a lot because I want to know what you guys are going to bring up here. What I haven't seen is any talk about the one murder that was committed by the capital police officer. All I see is repeats of the worst scenes, not the ones where police are letting people in and not the ones where protestors are calling for peace. How about the family of the unarmed woman who was shot... don't they deserve to be interviewed like the families of the black people who were killed by police?

There is no equal reporting because equal reporting would destroy narratives that media wants to promote. So yeah, lets have an investigation, but it can't be steered by the same people who worked for 4 years to find dirt on Trump and always ended up finding nothing that proved their original assumptions.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

11 Jun 2021 08:38 #40 by koobookie

Rick wrote: Yes, it would be great if it wasn't another one sided hit job like the Russia investigation.

I'm just gonna address this by itself, because it shows how much you know about the congressional investigation bill. Republicans demanded concessions from the Democrats, which were given.

Efforts to create a commission had been stalled for months because of partisan gridlock. The deal between Chairman Bennie Thompson, Mississippi Democrat, and Ranking Member John Katko, New York Republican, includes several concessions to Republicans, but the scope of the commission's investigation will notably be limited to the Jan. 6 attack and the events leading up to it.

The proposed measure would create an evenly divided 10-person commission, with five members and the chairman appointed by Democratic congressional leadership and five members appointed by Republican leaders. The commission would have subpoena power, but any subpoena would either need to be signed off on by both the chairman and vice chairman or approved by a majority vote. The commission's work will culminate in a final report issued before the end of the year.

www.usnews.com/news/national-news/articl...e-jan-6-insurrection

It would hardly have been a "one sided hit job."

Time to create page: 0.576 seconds