January 6th Bipartisan Commission

16 Jun 2021 07:07 #51 by homeagain

Rick wrote:

homeagain wrote: www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safe...4d4ceb46d_story.html

U R in error...1/2 to 3/4 thru the article SHE WAS WARNED BY SEVERAL OFFICERS. She opted to
disregard the orders.

If that's justification for killing an unarmed person, then all these protests and riots were not justified. How many examples would you like of officers warning perps to comply and getting full resistance instead? We still don't know who the officer in question is, but I suspect he wasn't a white male.

THE UNLAWFUL INVASION (insurrection)of "America's house" s is the epitome of democracy downfall...
IF DEFENDING the nation/our way of life is unjustified, I guess we are all DOOMED...the mere suggestion
that it was wrong (defending this scenario) is such an absurd concept ,I can not accept that ANYONE would even question the actions. WE R TRULY A LOST NATION.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wayne Harrison

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Jun 2021 08:33 #52 by Wayne Harrison

Rick wrote: We still don't know who the officer in question is, but I suspect he wasn't a white male.

And what in your mind does the color of the defending officer's skin have to do with anything?

16 Jun 2021 09:02 #53 by ramage
Unlike the MSM, I believe that a full description of the murderer is of benefit in identifying him.

16 Jun 2021 09:15 #54 by Wayne Harrison
NEWSFLASH: Law enforcement and Justice Department officials ALREADY KNOW the officer's identity. And HE HAS BEEN CLEARED OF ANY WRONGDOING. They found he acted appropriately, within his legal authority.

There was an interesting piece in Rolling Stone, interviewing a man who was taking videos of the insurrection and was trying to warn the rioters that the cops had guns on the other side of the barricaded doors.

This is when the shooting occurs. Can you take us through what happened next?

At that moment, everybody starts rushing the doors, just bashing the windows. And I remember just seeing, like, five or six guns just poke out of these doorways. I really took notice of the one to the left of me in the video. And I just remember screaming, “Gun, there’s a gun! There’s a gun! Guys, there’s a gun!” But what you can’t really understand is that nobody can hear me, right? Its like if you’re in a concert where everybody’s yelling and screaming and singing along. It’s so loud you can’t hear the person next to you. That’s how it was in there. So I’m saying, “There’s a gun, there’s a gun, there’s a gun!” And all these people are still banging on the window. They just keep doing it.

What was Babbitt doing?

By no means did I see her bash in a window or even break the windows. Somebody else did that, for sure. But then all of a sudden, I see her start trying to climb through the window, and I’m like, “Don’t go in there, don’t go in there,” but I know she could not hear me. So my thought was to get that moment on camera. I wanted to show the gun firing, and the bullet hitting her, and how she dropped to the ground. All of this is going through my mind at that moment, because I knew that this was going to be the only record of how she would have died. Because I knew she was going to die. The guy who was pointing a gun at her was leaning with an intent to shoot; he was not playing. There’s difference between holding a gun up and warning somebody versus, like, really leaning into it. I was like, all right, I’m going to show the world why she died. And I’m not going to let her death go in vain. Because I didn’t think that she deserved to die. She didn’t have a weapon. She didn’t have anything. This is what I’m thinking about in this moment, in this small sliver of time.

www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-fea...t-interview-1112949/

16 Jun 2021 09:24 #55 by Wayne Harrison
Footnote: John Sullivan was ultimately arrested and charged with participating in the riot. The self-proclaimed "journalist" sold his video to various MSM outlets for a total of $90,000. That money was seized by the Justice Department.

16 Jun 2021 09:30 #56 by Blazer Bob

homeagain wrote: [

IF DEFENDING the nation/our way of life is unjustified, I guess we are all OOMED...the mere suggestion
that it was wrong (defending this scenario) is such an absurd concept ....

The question at hand is the use of DEADLY FORCE. In the military and in law enforcement the rules are CLEARALY DEFINED.
Would you feel the same way if the victim was anyone but a Trump supporter? Can you name another instance of deadly force where you are so supportive of the killing of a human being?

16 Jun 2021 09:37 #57 by koobookie

Blazer Bob wrote: The question at hand is the use of DEADLY FORCE. In the military and in law enforcement the rules are CLEARALY DEFINED.
Would you feel the same way if the victim was anyone but a Trump supporter? Can you name another instance of deadly force where you are so supportive of the killing of a human being?

I know it's difficult to face the truth, but....

Wayne Harrison wrote: NEWSFLASH: Law enforcement and Justice Department officials ALREADY KNOW the officer's identity. And HE HAS BEEN CLEARED OF ANY WRONGDOING. They found he acted appropriately, within his legal authority.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Wayne Harrison

16 Jun 2021 10:17 #58 by Wayne Harrison
21 House Republicans Voted Against Awarding a Medal to the Police for Defending the Capitol Jan. 6

The House of Representatives voted overwhelmingly to award Capitol Police the Congressional Gold Medal for their role in defending the legislature during the Jan. 6 insurrection and protecting lawmakers from possible mob violence. The seemingly uncontroversial bill received 406 votes in the House, but that means that someone voted “no.” Twenty-one Republican someones, in fact, managed to vote against the commendation for the police. The 21 recalcitrant representatives—which amounts to 10 percent of the Republican House caucus—make up the Trumpiest wing of the already Trumpy party. It’s hard to imagine being against awarding a medal of any kind to the people who protected the Capitol from a violent mob of thousands bent on mayhem, destruction, and possibly much worse. But the mob was made up of Trump supporters, and for these reps, that made the insurrection something different, something not so bad, not really an insurrection at all.

slate.com/news-and-politics/2021/06/repu...n-jan-6.html?via=rss

16 Jun 2021 11:31 #59 by ramage
I am curious as to why the Administration, DOJ, will not release the footage from the multiple security cameras that are in the House.
Can you explain this?

From the Rolling Stone citation:

Because I didn’t think that she deserved to die. She didn’t have a weapon. She didn’t have anything.

16 Jun 2021 12:46 #60 by homeagain

homeagain wrote: www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2021/01/...hooting-trump-qanon/

JMO.....THIS outcome (her death) was inevitable,SHE CHOOSE to walk a perilous path...reaching for
something that was out of range. The mindset was obsessive and dangerous....the end result was
tragic,but foreseeable.

READ AGAIN the call for anarchy,by this woman...NOW read the official definition

an·ar·chy
/ˈanərkē/
Learn to pronounce
noun
noun: anarchy

a state of disorder due to absence or nonrecognition of authority.
h
Similar:
lawlessness

absence of government
nihilism
mobocracy
revolution
insurrection
riot
rebellion
mutiny
disorder
disorganization
misrule
chaos
tumult
turmoil
mayhem
pandemonium
h
Opposite:
government

order
absence of government and absolute freedom of the individual, regarded as a political ideal.

Origin
mid 16th century: via medieval Latin from Greek anarkhia, from anarkhos, from an- ‘without’ + arkhos ‘chief, ruler’.
Translate anarchy to
Use over time for: anarchy
Definitions from Oxford Languages

THE CHOICE was made,SHE purposefully put herself in danger.....it was not murder,it was a defensive move against an intruder,who was WARNED. Her death was on her, NO ONE ELSE.

Time to create page: 0.689 seconds