January 6th Bipartisan Commission

16 Jun 2021 13:05 #61 by ramage
.THIS outcome (her death) was inevitable

Earth to HA, death is inevitable for all humans.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Jun 2021 13:18 #62 by homeagain
YES,some earlier than others....a ripe old age vs.premature passing. In this case, a PATHETIC premature
passing.

16 Jun 2021 15:01 #63 by Blazer Bob

homeagain wrote: ...

READ AGAIN the call for anarchy,by this woman.. was a defensive move against an intruder,who was WARNED. Her death was on her, NO ONE ELSE.

You are justifying her death with things she said. Color me speachless.

16 Jun 2021 16:37 #64 by Wayne Harrison
A person's actions have consequences, but not always. In this case, trying to go around a barricaded door in The Capitol defended by people with guns on the other side. Same thing happens when you try to run your car into the barricades around The Capitol. Color me not surprised.

16 Jun 2021 17:59 #65 by homeagain

Blazer Bob wrote:

homeagain wrote: ...

READ AGAIN the call for anarchy,by this woman.. was a defensive move against an intruder,who was WARNED. Her death was on her, NO ONE ELSE.

You are justifying her death with things she said. Color me speachless.

add on actions.....

17 Jun 2021 08:28 #66 by Rick

Wayne Harrison wrote: A person's actions have consequences, but not always. In this case, trying to go around a barricaded door in The Capitol defended by people with guns on the other side. Same thing happens when you try to run your car into the barricades around The Capitol. Color me not surprised.

LOL, you're trying to get us to believe that someone using a deadly weapon (a car) to get past a barrier is the same thing as an unarmed woman trying to get through a barrier? Do you visualize the scenarios before you type them? LOL

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

17 Jun 2021 09:07 #67 by Wayne Harrison
She was climbing into a barricaded area, protected by armed police, wearing a backpack, within 100 feet of the House Chamber. Police had no idea what was in the backpack and acted to protect Congress. Again, the officers should all be given medals. Only shooting one marauding protester showed restraint. I'm actually surprised police didn't shoot the angry mob pushing the door that had was crushing another police officer.

Don't try and make it sound like she innocently fell into the barricaded area by mistake. It was her intention to breach the barricade, by her actions. Stupid is as stupid does.

17 Jun 2021 09:26 #68 by Rick

Wayne Harrison wrote: She was climbing into a barricaded area, protected by armed police, wearing a backpack, within 100 feet of the House Chamber. Police had no idea what was in the backpack and acted to protect Congress. Again, the officers should all be given medals. Only shooting one marauding protester showed restraint. I'm actually surprised police didn't shoot the angry mob pushing the door that had was crushing another police officer.

Don't try and make it sound like she innocently fell into the barricaded area by mistake. It was her intention to breach the barricade, by her actions. Stupid is as stupid does.

I can't remember what government building it was, but do you remember the rioting ANTIFA / BLM people that tried to burn the building down with people inside? Using your logic, anyone trying to burn that building should have been shot on sight?

The other factor that keeps getting overlooked is the identities of both the shooter and the victim. I think you know full well that if this was a situation where the rioter were mostly black people attacking the same building to protest Trump, and the officer was a white guy that shot an unarmed black woman who tried to break through, the outrage would be on the shooter and he would be preparing for trial as we speak. if not already.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

17 Jun 2021 09:57 - 17 Jun 2021 09:58 #69 by Wayne Harrison
I googled what you couldn't remember for you and it turns out it was probably the Federal Building in Portland, Oregon. The attempts to set it on fire happened at night when it was closed. Federal police made at least 18 arrests. You'd have to inquire further with former Trump DOJ officials as to why the protesters weren't fired on. That was on his watch.

www.oregonlive.com/portland/2021/03/fede...land-protesters.html

ktvz.com/news/crime-courts/2020/07/24/fi...-on-federal-charges/

As to the scenario you dreamed up in your head and the conclusion you reached as a result, I can't speak to that. It didn't happen. But, I am pretty sure if these had been BLM protesters who breached the Capitol and one was fatally shot trying to go over a barricade while carrying a backpack, you'd be arguing a completely different argument.

17 Jun 2021 10:03 #70 by Rick

Wayne Harrison wrote:
As to the scenario you dreamed up in your head and the conclusion you reached as a result, I can't speak to that. It didn't happen. But, I am pretty sure if these had been BLM protesters who breached the Capitol and one was fatally shot trying to go over a barricade while carrying a backpack, you'd be arguing a completely different argument.

See what you did there Wayne? You attempted to change the point I was making and you assumed to know what I would have thought.

Never once have I ever said that an unarmed person should be shot in any situation. You however did say that shooting an unarmed woman was justified. MY POINT was that the MEDIA and others would have been calling for this guys head if he was white and the unarmed woman was black. Everything is about skin color on the left and you know that.

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.573 seconds