Democrat Legislators Flee Texas

14 Jul 2021 07:36 #21 by Rick

koobookie wrote:
Why would you not want to make it easier for voters to cast a ballot?

Why would you want to make it more difficult to vote?

If ease of voting is the most important factor, why not just allow people to vote by text message?

The fundamental difference etween your argument and mine is that you want to make it as easy as possible to vote while I want voting to have as much integrity as possible. I want to be 100% sure that only legal citizens are voting and that those legal citizens only get one vote. I don't think there are any countries on this planet that have a healthy democracy which makes it easier toi vote than this country... I could be wrong, please let me know if I am. I'd be all for making voting even easier than it already is (it's very easy, even for the people of color who Democrats think are less capable), but the ease of voting must be coupled with a high level of integrity. I don't know why anyone wouldn't want to make voting as secure as our airport security.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Jul 2021 07:47 #22 by koobookie

Rick wrote: The fundamental difference etween your argument and mine is that you want to make it as easy as possible to vote while I want voting to have as much integrity as possible.

That is not an either / or situation, Rick. We can have ease of voting with integrity.

Rick wrote: I want to be 100% sure that only legal citizens are voting and that those legal citizens only get one vote. I don't think there are any countries on this planet that have a healthy democracy which makes it easier toi vote than this country... I could be wrong, please let me know if I am. I'd be all for making voting even easier than it already is (it's very easy, even for the people of color who Democrats think are less capable), but the ease of voting must be coupled with a high level of integrity. I don't know why anyone wouldn't want to make voting as secure as our airport security.

Please show me where non-citizens are voting in numbers high enough to actually impact an election. Also, show me where voters are getting more than one vote.

Where has our voting integrity been compromised? Show me the election fraud that has impacted elections. The bill in Texas that the Republicans are proposing does nothing to improve the security of an election, it just makes it more difficult to vote. It's a solution for a problem that does not exist.

14 Jul 2021 19:13 #23 by Rick

koobookie wrote:

Rick wrote: The fundamental difference etween your argument and mine is that you want to make it as easy as possible to vote while I want voting to have as much integrity as possible.

That is not an either / or situation, Rick. We can have ease of voting with integrity.

Rick wrote: I want to be 100% sure that only legal citizens are voting and that those legal citizens only get one vote. I don't think there are any countries on this planet that have a healthy democracy which makes it easier toi vote than this country... I could be wrong, please let me know if I am. I'd be all for making voting even easier than it already is (it's very easy, even for the people of color who Democrats think are less capable), but the ease of voting must be coupled with a high level of integrity. I don't know why anyone wouldn't want to make voting as secure as our airport security.

Please show me where non-citizens are voting in numbers high enough to actually impact an election. Also, show me where voters are getting more than one vote.

Where has our voting integrity been compromised? Show me the election fraud that has impacted elections. The bill in Texas that the Republicans are proposing does nothing to improve the security of an election, it just makes it more difficult to vote. It's a solution for a problem that does not exist.

The point koobookie is that you and I have no idea if our elections have integrity or not if we don't have strict methods of proving voter eligibliity. There is absolutely nothing in this voter bill that is racist or that would prevent any legal citizen from voting.

Biden called Geogia's voter law Jim Crow on steroids, yet his home state of Delaware has more strict laws including not allowing early voting, no drop boxes, and you must include a reason for getting an absentee ballot while GA does not require that. Delaware also requires an ID... so tell me, why is nobody on the left calling Delaware Jim Crow? This is al political BS designed to scare people into thinking there is voter supression of minorities who are just as capable of voting as white people. It's racist to think otherwise.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

14 Jul 2021 19:46 #24 by koobookie
Point out to me the election fraud that has happened in past elections. Actually investigate the election process rather than parrot the right wing propaganda that you're regurgitating. Honestly, it's amazing that conservatives have taken up the banner of "election integrity" as if it is a huge problem in our country. It is not.

If you disagree, then show me the problem. Post the facts about election fraud.

14 Jul 2021 20:02 - 14 Jul 2021 20:02 #25 by Rick
You're missing my point, but that's ok because I'm used to it. My point is that the election laws in Delaware are far more restrictive than those of GA, (I forgot to mention that GA allows for 17 days of early voting where Delaware does not allow it)... yet somehow GA is racist.

The most secure way to ensure integrity in voting is to require voters to prove who they are and that they are eligible. Everything less than that weakens the integrity of the election. I don't have to show you proof of anything to make that logical point. Stacy Abrams still says her election was stolen (so did Hillary) and nobody on the left has demonized her for saying that. She obviously believes that fraud was involved and I'm sure many of her voters still feel the same way. Since both sides have claimed elections are not always legit, why not make laws that eae those fears instead of making laws that lower the standards?

George Orwell

14 Jul 2021 20:07 #26 by koobookie
and YOU are missing the point - Our elections are, by and large, incredibly secure. How many instances of election fraud were there in the past election? The Texas bill is a solution in search of a non-existent problem.

Show me where elections in this country are not secure.

14 Jul 2021 20:16 - 14 Jul 2021 20:16 #27 by Rick
I could ask you to proove they are 100% secure but I know you can't do that, so I'll just say goodnight, this is going nowhere fast.

George Orwell

14 Jul 2021 21:19 #28 by FredHayek
I don't agree with arresting them. Little overdone by the governor. But this could backfire on the Democrats. Governor Abbot could keep extending the legislative session for months. Dems could be trapped in swampy DC for months.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

14 Jul 2021 21:25 #29 by Blazer Bob

koobookie wrote: and YOU are missing the point - Our elections are, by and large, incredibly secure. How many instances of election fraud were there in the past election? The Texas bill is a solution in search of a non-existent problem.

Show me where elections in this country are not secure.

Many, many laws are a solution in search of a problem. You are not arguing that this law is suppressing the vote. Since when did dems object to redundant or useless laws. So what's the harm.

15 Jul 2021 07:34 #30 by koobookie

Rick wrote: I could ask you to proove they are 100% secure but I know you can't do that, so I'll just say goodnight, this is going nowhere fast.

www.cisa.gov/election-security-library#factsheets

www.brennancenter.org/our-work/research-...-election-was-secure

Election officials and election security experts have long been clear: voter fraud is extraordinarily rare and our system has strong checks in place to protect the integrity of our voting process. These are the facts. But the facts have not stopped bad actors from trotting out baseless claims of “systemic voter fraud” to suppress votes and undermine trust in our democracy for political gain.

By all measures, the 2020 general election was one of the most secure elections in our history. Voters turned out in record numbers to cast their ballots by mail and in person, and the votes were counted in a timely manner.

www.governor.pa.gov/newsroom/u-s-electio...federal-agency-says/

A statement released yesterday by government and industry members of the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency and the Election Infrastructure Sector Coordinate Council said, “The November 3rd election was the most secure in American history. Right now, across the country, election officials are reviewing and double checking the entire election process prior to finalizing the result.”

There are more examples and information, if you actually want to know the truth.

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds