Biden Buying Votes With Our Money, Again

07 Apr 2022 08:43 #1 by Rick
So once again, Joe is needing votes so he's going to buy them with our money. He's going to suspend student loan payments until Sept (and will probably extend again). He's also draining our petroleum reserves to bring down gas prices, all to help Dems in Nov.. Bernie and his leftist lunatic squad want to cancel all student loans on our dime... I'm sure Joe's decision makers are considering that as well.

Meanwhile, my 20 yr old daughter has been working in nursing homes and hospitals 50+ hours a week to pay for her nursing school and hasn't taken out a single loan. My wife and I both worked our butts off to pay for our degrees and we will never be paid back by taxpayers, which is how it should be.

This group of people running this country makes me more sick and angry every day.

www.marketwatch.com/story/cancel-student...h-august-11649266106

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Apr 2022 12:18 #2 by homeagain

Rick wrote: So once again, Joe is needing votes so he's going to buy them with our money. He's going to suspend student loan payments until Sept (and will probably extend again). He's also draining our petroleum reserves to bring down gas prices, all to help Dems in Nov.. Bernie and his leftist lunatic squad want to cancel all student loans on our dime... I'm sure Joe's decision makers are considering that as well.

Meanwhile, my 20 yr old daughter has been working in nursing homes and hospitals 50+ hours a week to pay for her nursing school and hasn't taken out a single loan. My wife and I both worked our butts off to pay for our degrees and we will never be paid back by taxpayers, which is how it should be.

This group of people running this country makes me more sick and angry every day.

www.marketwatch.com/story/cancel-student...h-august-11649266106

Let's look at the REALITY of reserve draw downs........

www.energy.gov/fecm/strategic-petroleum-reserve-0

Emergency Drawdowns: The SPR exists, first and foremost, as an emergency response tool the President can use should the United States be confronted with an economically-threatening disruption in oil supplies.

2011 IEA Coordinated Release

2005 Hurricane Katrina Sale

1991 Operation Desert Storm Sale

Crude Oil Test Sales: The SPR has also conducted Test Sales to ensure the readiness of the Reserve and its personnel to carry out a Presidentially-ordered drawdown.

2014 Test Sale

1990 Desert Shield Test Sale

1985 Test Sale

Exchanges Agreements: Oil can also be released from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve under exchange arrangements (similar to loans) with private companies. Exchange contracts provide for a loan of crude oil to be repaid, in kind, within a date certain, with additional premium barrels (similar to interest).

07 Apr 2022 14:02 - 07 Apr 2022 14:02 #3 by Rick
Somehow I knew you would latch on to the oil issue and ignore the student loan debt. Biden ran on a platform of shutting down the oil industry and now he wants them to produce more, even though he knee capped them as soon as he was elected. Add the fact that progressives have been saying for years that they want oil prices to be high so we'll all rush out and by an EV powered by coal and gas fired power plants.

What's you feelings about taxpayers having to pay for current student loan debt while so many people like me worked their asses off to pay their own way? There's a large percentage of people who have that loan debt and are making 6 figures... how is that a good policy to just keep extending the grace period?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

07 Apr 2022 15:00 - 07 Apr 2022 15:01 #4 by homeagain

Rick wrote: Somehow I knew you would latch on to the oil issue and ignore the student loan debt. Biden ran on a platform of shutting down the oil industry and now he wants them to produce more, even though he knee capped them as soon as he was elected. Add the fact that progressives have been saying for years that they want oil prices to be high so we'll all rush out and by an EV powered by coal and gas fired power plants.

What's you feelings about taxpayers having to pay for current student loan debt while so many people like me worked their asses off to pay their own way? There's a large percentage of people who have that loan debt and are making 6 figures... how is that a good policy to just keep extending the grace period?

Let's look at REALITY...

per Marketwatch

The original pause in student loan repayments was executed by the Trump administration in March, 2020 — it was then extended twice by the Trump administration and twice again under the Biden White House.

WHAT ELSE YOU GOT???

07 Apr 2022 18:33 - 07 Apr 2022 18:37 #5 by Rick

homeagain wrote: The original pause in student loan repayments was executed by the Trump administration in March, 2020 — it was then extended twice by the Trump administration and twice again under the Biden White House.

WHAT ELSE YOU GOT???

Nice try, but you fail to acknowledge an inconvenient fact... that was during the time when Lord Fauci had everybody scared to death and the country was going downhill because of mostly idiotic Democrat governors and mayors shutting it down.

We've been open for a while now and EVERYBODY should be working and paying their debts, we shouldn't be forcing taxpayers to gift their money to only one group of lucky people.

Got anything else?

Edit to add:

You have to remember that when everything opened up, people had a whole lot saved up in many cases, so everybody started buying stuff and driving up inflation. The last thing we need to do now is incentivize even more people to buy more and make the problem worse.

George Orwell

07 Apr 2022 18:53 #6 by Rick
Now it appears sleepy Joe is going to go with the patriot route to get the masses to love his courageous leadership.

President Biden joked about the possibility of the Russian invasion of Ukraine to expand to directly involve the U.S. military on Wednesday, telling union workers, "If I gotta go to war, I'm going with you guys."

Lots of leftist faux journalists are starting to beat that war drum too. Too bad they aren't smart enough to understand the possible consequences.

How unjust would it be if some of our cities were nuked and Biden survived in his bunker?

George Orwell

08 Apr 2022 00:56 #7 by FredHayek
Europe has joined the US and they are also starting to use up their strategic reserves. I do question the end strategy. Do they think Putin will surrender soon and sanctions can be eased? Because I don't see that. I think Vlad will dig in and the world will go into a recession.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

08 Apr 2022 00:59 #8 by FredHayek
Student loan repayments extended? President Biden claims this is the best economy ever. Then why can't these people with college degrees repay their student loans? A true mystery.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Freezeman

08 Apr 2022 07:07 #9 by homeagain

Rick wrote: Now it appears sleepy Joe is going to go with the patriot route to get the masses to love his courageous leadership.

President Biden joked about the possibility of the Russian invasion of Ukraine to expand to directly involve the U.S. military on Wednesday, telling union workers, "If I gotta go to war, I'm going with you guys."

Lots of leftist faux journalists are starting to beat that war drum too. Too bad they aren't smart enough to understand the possible consequences.

How unjust would it be if some of our cities were nuked and Biden survived in his bunker?

[/b]

THIS is becoming boring.....for EVERYTHING Biden broadcast,there is a DUPLICATE DECLARATION FROM Trump

www.vanityfair.com/news/2022/03/donald-t...a-nuclear-submarines

arlier this month, he said during an interview with Sean Hannity that Joe Biden should be boasting about the U.S.’s vast nuclear capabilities, and during a speech before Republican National Committee donors suggested that the U.S. “put the Chinese flag” on its military planes and “bomb the shit” out of the country. “And then we say, China did it, we didn’t do it, China did it, and then they start fighting with each other, and we sit back and watch.”

NICE TRY, THO RICK.....

08 Apr 2022 08:15 #10 by ramage
"THIS is becoming boring.....for EVERYTHING Biden broadcast,there is a DUPLICATE DECLARATION FROM Trump"

At first I thought that another Trump Derangement Syndrome reply.
On further examination, I realize that the author regards Biden as a Trump clone. Evidently she is promulgating the ultimate devious conspiracy theory.

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds