GINSBURG GLANCED INTO THE FUTURE........

10 May 2022 12:56 #31 by ramage
HA,
You took the time to repost my statement regarding 3rd trimester abortion.
Then you post a comment below it that has no relation to my statements regarding 3rd trimester abortions.
Do you have a reply to the substance of my post?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 May 2022 14:08 - 10 May 2022 14:16 #32 by homeagain
HERE'S the problem......(and how it relates to your post)

The other miscarriage treatment is a procedure described as surgical uterine evacuation to remove the pregnancy tissue — the same approach as for an abortion.

"The challenge is that the treatment for an abortion and the treatment for a miscarriage are exactly the same," said Dr. Sarah Prager, a professor of obstetrics and gynecology at the University of Washington in Seattle and an expert in early pregnancy loss.

THE SUBJECT is abortion and Texas is in a world of hurt,if u r a doctor...TRYING TO DO WHAT IS BEST FOR YOUR PATIENT.......the judges who will be deciding the law of the land r digging a DEEP, DIRE PRECEDENCE.

10 May 2022 15:10 #33 by ramage
Do you understand what the 3rd trimester of pregnancy means?

10 May 2022 15:26 #34 by Rick
Another easy question... if Roe V Wade made it clear that a baby could be aborted/killed at any point in time up to the day of delivery, what do you think the people would have said back in 1973, how do you think the majority of Americans would have reacted?

I know you won't answer this but I'm a stubborn optimist.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

11 May 2022 06:50 #35 by homeagain

ramage wrote: Do you understand what the 3rd trimester of pregnancy means?

BECAUSE u r a doctor......explain away.

11 May 2022 06:58 #36 by Rick

Rick wrote: Another easy question... if Roe V Wade made it clear that a baby could be aborted/killed at any point in time up to the day of delivery, what do you think the people would have said back in 1973, how do you think the majority of Americans would have reacted?

I know you won't answer this but I'm a stubborn optimist.

See, not so easy is it?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

11 May 2022 07:16 #37 by homeagain
I was born in 1947...I KNOW what women did/said and anguished over. I KNOW how "back alley"butchery
was COMMON. I KNOW how children were 'given away'...whisked out of the room and never seen again,I KNOW how young mothers were sent away on "vacation" and returned months later....I KNOW how the wealthy women traveled out of country to be secured an abortion, I KNOW how a knitting needle or coat hanger had a different usage.....I KNOW that a unplanned pregnancy ALTERED A WOMAN'S LIFE FOREVER......it is the reason I found a doctor who would LISTEN TO ME and at the age of 26,had a tubal ligation......back in the day, do u KNOW how many doctors would perform that procedure? (at my age of 26 y,o.)

11 May 2022 08:31 #38 by ramage
"...it is the reason I found a doctor who would LISTEN TO ME and at the age of 26,had a tubal ligation......back in the day, do u KNOW how many doctors would perform that procedure? (at my age of 26 y,o.)"

Please, tone down the histrionics.

You reached your reproductive age in the 1960's.
For decades prior , to 1983 (your date of tubal ligation) all OB-GYN residents (physicians in training in a particular speciality) were trained to preform the surgical procedure, tubal ligation. I don't know where you living in 1983, but the procedure was easily accessible in the rest of the United States.

11 May 2022 11:36 - 11 May 2022 11:57 #39 by homeagain

ramage wrote: "...it is the reason I found a doctor who would LISTEN TO ME and at the age of 26,had a tubal ligation......back in the day, do u KNOW how many doctors would perform that procedure? (at my age of 26 y,o.)"

Please, tone down the histrionics.

You reached your reproductive age in the 1960's.
For decades prior , to 1983 (your date of tubal ligation) all OB-GYN residents (physicians in training in a particular speciality) were trained to preform the surgical procedure, tubal ligation. I don't know where you living in 1983, but the procedure was easily accessible in the rest of the United States.

TRAINED DOES NOT TRANSLATE TO ACCEPTING AND PREFORMING ON A FEMALE PATIENT...

bolded......RECHECK YOUR MATH

emedicine.medscape.com/article/266799-overview#a5

Many centers used a formula (endorsed by the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists until 1969) in which age multiplied by parity had to be greater than or equal to 120 before elective sterilization could be considered. ......from the article.

if U COULD FIND A PROGRESSIVE/OPEN MINDED PHYSICIAN,WHO LISTENED TO THEIR PATIENT
U WERE EXTREMELY LUCKY.......do NOT disregard my experience...I was adamant and when the physician saw that I was unwavering,he agreed (after a very long Q&A session)

11 May 2022 12:17 #40 by ramage
Now you are talking about whether a physician accepts you as a patient, not that the procedure was unlawful.
"
Many centers used a formula (endorsed by the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists until 1969) in which age multiplied by parity had to be greater than or equal to 120 before elective sterilization could be considered. ......from the article."
How did a practice recommendation, rescinded in 1969, impact a tubal ligation done in 1973?

Thank you for pointing out the typographical error.
1947 + 26 = 1973

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds