2022 Midterms

02 Nov 2022 13:29 #1 by Rick
2022 Midterms was created by Rick
I was going to ask for predictions but sticking one’s neck out is rare around here… too many afraid of being wrong.
So I’ll just ask if you believe the polls that are putting Republicans in a position to win the House and Senate.

I’m amazed that some of these are so close, especially in Pennsylvania where a stroke victim who has accomplished nothing in his life can barely speak. I have nothing against people who’ve had strokes but I wouldn’t want to give them that kind of responsibility if they have brain damage that effects their decision making.

Overall, what is the best case to vote for Democrats given where we are after almost two years of their leadership? That’s a hard case to make but I’d love to hear it.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Nov 2022 13:57 #2 by koobookie
Replied by koobookie on topic 2022 Midterms
I can't believe that the Georgia Senate race is even close. On the one hand, you have an eloquent, educated reverend that can actually think and defend his positions. On the republican side, there is a brain damaged puppet that has so much PTSD and has sustained so many concussions that his sentences don't make sense.

02 Nov 2022 14:43 #3 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic 2022 Midterms
Polls can change in a New York minute....TOO MANY nebulous factors....I personally believe that what ever
final count is announced,there will be an immediate response of inaccurate,voting fraud and we will be off to the races,ONCE again.

02 Nov 2022 15:29 #4 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic 2022 Midterms
Amazing how tight so many races are! All the diehard partisans here, but the unaffiliated Americans in the middle actually electing our politicians.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

02 Nov 2022 15:37 #5 by FredHayek
Senate? Republicans get 54 senators. Democrats? 44.

House? Republicans take back the House by 50 seats.

Grocery stores will be allowed to sell wine. Liquor store chains will be allowed as many stores as they want. And liquor delivery will be legal.
Decriminalization of mushrooms will fail.
Spending TABOR refunds on more housing will pass.
The Colorado income tax rate will not go down.

Polis will win. Bennett will win. Democrats will take all the statewide seats. Boebert will win her seat, Colorado will send another Democrat to the House in the new district.

The Red Wave through the rest of the nation will stop at Colorado.

03 Nov 2022 08:46 #6 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic 2022 Midterms
I predict that the states that take the longest time to count the votes will go to Democrats.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

03 Nov 2022 09:01 - 03 Nov 2022 09:01 #7 by FredHayek

Rick wrote: I predict that the states that take the longest time to count the votes will go to Democrats.

That is a given.

The Feds don't like the idea of Americans betting on elections. Would you?

03 Nov 2022 09:26 #8 by koobookie
Replied by koobookie on topic 2022 Midterms

Rick wrote: I predict that the states that take the longest time to count the votes will go to Democrats.

Why?

03 Nov 2022 10:22 #9 by Rick
Because that’s what my guy tells me. Sorry, my gut predictions are not tied to news sources.

When the President gives a speech about “threats to democracy “ right before this huge election, it raises a red flag for me. He said nothing about all the great things he’s done that are making lives better, but he does feel the need to tell us that it will take days to count votes.

Funny how as our technology evolves, swing states have a harder one and harder time counting votes. Florida will likely have results by the end of the night.

I just find it fascinating why others can’t see this as at least a curiosity.

George Orwell

03 Nov 2022 10:26 #10 by Rick

FredHayek wrote:

That is a given.

The Feds don't like the idea of Americans betting on elections. Would you?

What does that have to do with just counting all the votes the day of the election? Most countries can do it, why are we so inept? Most countries don’t allow mail in ballots either… probably because common sense tells them elections are less secure that way.

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds