2022 Midterms

03 Nov 2022 10:29 #11 by koobookie
Replied by koobookie on topic 2022 Midterms
Why are mail in ballots less secure? What is your reasoning?

Have you ever investigated the security of Colorado's mail in ballot program? SC posted videos of it some time ago, probably a couple years. It's impressive how secure and transparent it is.

AND... just because it takes longer to count ballots does not mean there is fraud. If you believe that, then provide your proof.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Nov 2022 10:39 #12 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic 2022 Midterms
Do you have any idea how many people put their hands on a mailed in ballot? Ask yourself why most other countries don’t allow it.

If it was up to Democrats, they would probably like us to be able to text in our votes. You have to really trust the chain of custody, which I don’t. That’s my right no matter what your dementia ridden president tells us.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

03 Nov 2022 11:11 #13 by koobookie
Information of Colorado Mail In Ballot procedures:

www.cbsnews.com/news/vote-by-mail-colora...-minutes-2022-10-23/

Local and national experts and election judges agree that Colorado’s mail-in voting system is safe, the AP reported. Bipartisan teams transport, verify, open, sort, count and store Colorado’s ballots in secure rooms with windows through which anyone can watch. Election judges and computers check each vote and signature against state registries before the ballots are tabulated and stashed by the hundreds in cardboard boxes, numbered and dated.

apnews.com/article/fact-check-Colorado-v...itution-591713471984

03 Nov 2022 11:23 #14 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic 2022 Midterms

FredHayek wrote: Amazing how tight so many races are! All the diehard partisans here, but the unaffiliated Americans in the middle actually electing our politicians.

I am an indy...there IS nothing available to select.....write ins????

03 Nov 2022 14:14 #15 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic 2022 Midterms

koobookie wrote: Why are mail in ballots less secure? What is your reasoning?

Have you ever investigated the security of Colorado's mail in ballot program? SC posted videos of it some time ago, probably a couple years. It's impressive how secure and transparent it is.

AND... just because it takes longer to count ballots does not mean there is fraud. If you believe that, then provide your proof.

Example: In a nursing home, one of the workers was convicted of taking residents ballots, filling them out and mailing. Many of the residents never realized their ballots had even been received.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

03 Nov 2022 14:17 #16 by FredHayek

homeagain wrote:

FredHayek wrote: Amazing how tight so many races are! All the diehard partisans here, but the unaffiliated Americans in the middle actually electing our politicians.

I am an indy...there IS nothing available to select.....write ins????

Just holding your nose and voting for the less loathsome!

I am always really suspicious of voters who fall in love with politicians. Even if they start out good, the process quickly corrupts them.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Blazer Bob

03 Nov 2022 14:42 #17 by koobookie

FredHayek wrote: Example: In a nursing home, one of the workers was convicted of taking residents ballots, filling them out and mailing. Many of the residents never realized their ballots had even been received.

Look, Fred, look at the information I posted above about the security of the mail in ballot system here in Colorado. It won't take you very long, and if you are as open minded as you claim with your news reading habits, it might change your mind about the security of this system.

03 Nov 2022 14:54 #18 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic 2022 Midterms
As your AP reference stated mail in ballots are sent to all "eligible" voters in the state of Colorado. It does not address the fact that thousands of ballots are sent to individuals that are no longer living in Colorado, dead, and those who prefer to vote on election day only to find that a mail in ballot was cast in their name.
Once the horse is out of the barn it does little good to lock the barn door.

03 Nov 2022 15:08 #19 by koobookie

ramage wrote: As your AP reference stated mail in ballots are sent to all "eligible" voters in the state of Colorado. It does not address the fact that thousands of ballots are sent to individuals that are no longer living in Colorado, dead, and those who prefer to vote on election day only to find that a mail in ballot was cast in their name.

I am not aware that mail in ballots are being returned improperly. Please provide your evidence that this is, or has happened.

You do know that Colorado residents have to sign their ballots? Signatures have to be verified.

Did you review the links I posted above? They may answer your questions and concerns.

03 Nov 2022 15:26 #20 by FredHayek
MSNBC is currently running a story about an election director illegally obtaining (50) absentee ballots. They are being fired.
Does that make you feel secure about mail-in ballots in Milwaukee or Colorado for that matter? Government officials stealing ballots.

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds