2022 Midterms

03 Nov 2022 15:40 #21 by koobookie
Replied by koobookie on topic 2022 Midterms
I feel secure that elections in Colorado are transparent and secure, Fred.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Nov 2022 16:31 #22 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic 2022 Midterms
[quote="FredHayek" post=395969]MSNBC is currently running a story about an election director illegally obtaining (50) absentee ballots. They are being fired.
Does that make you feel secure about mail-in ballots in Milwaukee or Colorado for that matter? Government officials stealing ballots.[/quote]

I thought they were a "garbage source"....according to Rick and U?

Easy Peasy here......court house has a SECURED,MONITORED 24 BY 7 BALLOT MAILBOX OUTSIDE ON THE COURT YARD LAWN....run some errands ,drop the ballot in the slot, civic duty done.

03 Nov 2022 16:54 #23 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic 2022 Midterms
The state of Colorado does not collect information regarding mailed ballots. The anecdotal information is replete with people who are not eligible to vote in Colorado. If the State puts on black glasses and refusing to collect this information, it is an indication of the insecurity of the ballot.
Signature verification is based on what one's signature was at the time of registration, wide latitude is given to the fact that over time one's signature has evolved. Below is a trusted "right wing source" (sarc)
www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-10...gnature-verification

Yes, I reviewed your link(s), if you have more than one I, please post.
www.cbsnews.com/news/vote-by-mail-colora...-minutes-2022-10-23/

03 Nov 2022 19:18 #24 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic 2022 Midterms
I’ve been getting my liberal mother’s ballot for the last 20 years since she lived in our house. It’s very easy to copy or trace her signature but I chose to ceremoniously light it on fire every time.

Am I the only one in Colorado who gets a ballot that shouldn’t have been sent? You know the answer…

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

04 Nov 2022 08:46 #25 by koobookie
Replied by koobookie on topic 2022 Midterms

Rick wrote: I’ve been getting my liberal mother’s ballot for the last 20 years since she lived in our house. It’s very easy to copy or trace her signature but I chose to ceremoniously light it on fire every time.

Am I the only one in Colorado who gets a ballot that shouldn’t have been sent? You know the answer…

Destruction of a ballot might be against the law.

You do know that you, or she, could contact the state and change her registration? It's pretty simple.
www.sos.state.co.us/voter/pages/pub/withdrawLookup.xhtml

04 Nov 2022 08:49 #26 by homeagain
so-o-o, have U MADE AN ATTEMPT TO CORRECT THE PROBLEM? How does an entity KNOW certain facts r incorrect,unless the correction is brought to their attention?

I have a GOOD example of that...it was awhile back,while we were living on Bulldogger, in MILL IRON D
GPS showed Bulldogger as a right turn of of 285. (NO,it had been closed off and barricaded for a very long time,because of hideous accidents.) It was finally corrected,because I pursued the problem and they remapped the issue. It had been that way for a very long time,because NO ONE bothered to call an update in.

05 Nov 2022 08:43 #27 by Rick
You two don’t see my point,as usual. The point is, Colorado makes it easy for people to cheat if voter rolls are never updated. My mom has been in Texas for 20 years and she voted there.

If I take the time to notify the state that my mother should no longer be getting a ballot doesn’t fix my concern that an unknown number of households are being sent ballots that should never be sent.

Can you understand that concern?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

05 Nov 2022 09:47 #28 by homeagain
I DO see your point, problem is multi pronged. EXTREME mobility of the populace,homelessness (house foreclosed,auctioned off) not enough personnel to implement process of purging records,census takers run off the property at gun point. IF your mother's name was on any mortgage papers (not saying that is the case)....I base that on my own experience....it took THREE SALARIES for qualification to buy my house in Bailey...the wife, the husband AND THE MOTHER'S soc. sec. benefits. SHE was the live in babysitter for the working couple.

On a different scale....micro chipping pets,the owner is not aware that THEY R TO REGISTER THE ANIMAL,when the chip is placed. OR they move and do NOT update records for the micro chip. MANY ANIMALS r chipped with no info available to return owner,if they r lost....result,over crowded shelters, or animal put down. WHO is at fault? the owner's inattentiveness or ignorance of the facts. CORRECT ACTION WAS NOT TAKEN.

05 Nov 2022 11:27 #29 by Rick
The point is that nobody is trying to make sure only qualified citizens receive a ballot. This is just one of many truths that make people like me distrust the election systems that are supposed to be so secure. Pet chips are irrelevant.

George Orwell

05 Nov 2022 15:36 #30 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic 2022 Midterms
Every case is different but when my mom died in JeffCo, they never sent her another ballot. And the next election was only a month after she passed. So maybe it is a county thing.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.142 seconds