BOEBART'S BID is blowing in the breeze.......

22 Nov 2022 12:34 #31 by koobookie
Nice deflection.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Nov 2022 12:59 #32 by ramage
" Women's rights to vote?"

You should acquaint yourself with the United States Constitution, specifically, the 19th Amendment.
However, I do realize that you prefer histrionics rather than rational arguments.

To your other point, partial birth abortion is an elective procedure. Ask your gynecologist. If you don't have one, consult with Kermit Gosnell, about the maternal lives he saved.

22 Nov 2022 13:04 #33 by koobookie
I'm sure you get the point. Some rights that people, you included, could be taken away from you. Enough conservatives in Congress and state legislatures and women's right to vote could be taken away by an amendment. You say it can't happen? Well, it can.

I'm relatively confident that in Fred's mind, partial birth abortion and late term abortion mean that the baby is born and then killed. He uses the term way too often for me to think otherwise. But then you and he probably prefer histrionics rather than rational arguments.

22 Nov 2022 15:12 #34 by ramage
Once again you show a woeful ignorance of the constitution.
In order to repeal an amendment, the following must be done:
"In sum in order to REPEAL an amendment, we must first ratify a NEW amendment that repeals a prior amendment. This is primarily achieved via two-thirds of the US Senators (67 of 100 Senators), two-thirds of US Congressmen (290 of 435 Congressmen), and three-fourths of ALL of the states (38 of 50 state legislatures) and that’s why it has only happened once before."
www.obolerlaw.com/2018/03/constitutional...ment-repeal-process/

Thank you for pointing out that the Constitution is a histrionic construct.

22 Nov 2022 15:19 #35 by koobookie
So, it can happen. Thanks for validating my post.

22 Nov 2022 17:11 #36 by ramage
I take your post to mean that if 2/3 of Congress, and 3/4 of the states vote to pass a new amendment and then repeal the existing 19th amendment, it validates your position that women's suffrage could be repealed.
If that many congressmen and states voted that way, it shows that an overwhelming majority of the voters in the U.S. want to do away with women's right to vote. It would mean that women in the respective branches of the U.S. congress and in all of state legislatures concur. Fanciful to say the least, but if you believe that don't let me dissuade you.

By the way, is a human being present in the gravid uterus of a woman? You overlooked answering that question.

23 Nov 2022 07:39 #37 by koobookie
No, it would mean that enough far right conservative wackos had been elected in Congress and state legislatures for it to happen. People like Boebert and MTG - stupid enough to actually vote against their own best interest.

23 Nov 2022 08:42 #38 by homeagain

FredHayek wrote: People, even politicians, are allowed to be independent thinkers. Separation of church and state is the platform of both parties. A few outliers like Boebert won't change that platform.

Fred..u have missed the larger picture.....her EVANGELIST Christian stance has a blatant and bold bias and
the belief system is then politically blasted out....she STILL is a bleach blond,open carry on her thigh.spot light seeking,less than brilliant BOEBART ......a dye job can not overcome THAT DEMEANOR. JMO

23 Nov 2022 08:50 #39 by FredHayek

koobookie wrote: So, it can happen. Thanks for validating my post.

Pretzel logic? It would be nearly impossible to repeal women's right to vote, but it does show your mindset that you believe it is quite possible.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

23 Nov 2022 08:54 #40 by FredHayek

homeagain wrote:

FredHayek wrote: People, even politicians, are allowed to be independent thinkers. Separation of church and state is the platform of both parties. A few outliers like Boebert won't change that platform.

Fred..u have missed the larger picture.....her EVANGELIST Christian stance has a blatant and bold bias and
the belief system is then politically blasted out....she STILL is a bleach blond,open carry on her thigh.spot light seeking,less than brilliant BOEBART ......a dye job can not overcome THAT DEMEANOR. JMO

It doesn't matter her beliefs. She has little to no power. It is just like Representative Omar, she is a known antisemite, but as one of 435 congressmen she will be unable to stop the US from giving aid and sending weapons to Israel.

Maybe it would be better to concentrate on the new House Speaker instead, they have the actual power.

You are just spinning your wheels worrying about Boebert and MTG.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds