BOEBART'S BID is blowing in the breeze.......

23 Nov 2022 09:38 #41 by homeagain
NO,I'M just pissed I have to look at a billboard 8ft by 5 ft with her full "PALIN" pose, with large letters sprawled across the board THIS IS BOEBART COUNTRY...there are several of them in town....I haven't counted exact numbers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Nov 2022 09:42 #42 by koobookie

FredHayek wrote:

koobookie wrote: So, it can happen. Thanks for validating my post.

Pretzel logic? It would be nearly impossible to repeal women's right to vote, but it does show your mindset that you believe it is quite possible.

Nearly.

I thought it was impossible to overturn Roe v Wade, but it happened. We may very well lose more rights that we take for granted.

23 Nov 2022 09:55 #43 by ramage
Why would you think that overturning Roe v. Wade was an impossibility? Ruth Ginsburg, Alan Dershkowitz, , and other liberal jurists are on record stating that it was a poor decision. Dobbs v. Jackson, returned the issue to the states where it belongs.

23 Nov 2022 10:49 #44 by homeagain

ramage wrote: Why would you think that overturning Roe v. Wade was an impossibility? Ruth Ginsburg, Alan Dershkowitz, , and other liberal jurists are on record stating that it was a poor decision. Dobbs v. Jackson, returned the issue to the states where it belongs.

[/b]

Ya well, THAT well thought out plan was a complete and utter disaster...no concrete format to follow,no recommendations,no standard verbiage...yes/no in case of rape incest.....it is 52 card pick up in ALL states.
THANKS for the chaos,confusion,mass critical well being of a woman.....it is an UNNECESSARY and ugly
health fubar. COMPLIMENTS OF K......and a mostly PATRIARCHAL panel on SCOTUS. WELL PLAYED,
they (collectively) re established dominance over women,

23 Nov 2022 11:33 #45 by ramage
I believe that you have a perverse desire to turn every thread into an abortion thread. a rudimentary understanding of the role of the Supreme Court would be helpful for you in discussing the issue of the ruling.
The Court ruled on the law, it is not the job of the Supreme Court to make laws that is for Congress, federally, and the state legislatures individually. You must be very satisfied that an infant can be killed in the state of Colorado while it is transversing the birth canal after 9 months of gestation. Voters in other states disagree with your belief.

23 Nov 2022 11:46 #46 by homeagain

ramage wrote: Why would you think that overturning Roe v. Wade was an impossibility? Ruth Ginsburg, Alan Dershkowitz, , and other liberal jurists are on record stating that it was a poor decision. Dobbs v. Jackson, returned the issue to the states where it belongs.

I think U need to RETHINK/REPHRASE your most recent reply......it was your comment, I was simply responding to it.........keep up with the program much?

23 Nov 2022 12:07 #47 by koobookie

ramage wrote: You must be very satisfied that an infant can be killed in the state of Colorado while it is transversing the birth canal after 9 months of gestation. Voters in other states disagree with your belief.

aaaannnnndddd there it is again, the histrionics that anti-abortion fanatics use to emotionally try to persuade people, even though the procedure listed above is rare. But yeah, let's scare people into thinking it's commonplace, even though it's not.

"but but but but but you're putting words in my mouth!!!!!!!" Then stop bringing up that uncommon procedure all the fricking time.

23 Nov 2022 12:15 - 23 Nov 2022 12:16 #48 by ramage
What with concrete thinkers posting, I will denote to whom my comments are directed. From Koobookie:

"I thought it was impossible to overturn Roe v Wade, but it happened. We may very well lose more rights that we take for granted."
My comment was in response to the above.
You are certainly free to comment on whatever you like, however it behooves you to understand the posting in which you are commenting.

"I think U need to RETHINK/REPHRASE your most recent reply......it was your comment, I was simply responding to it.........keep up with the program much?"

I need to call in my HA translator, Fred Hayek, because I have no idea what this combination of words means.

29 Nov 2022 00:25 #49 by Blazer Bob

homeagain wrote: Ya well, THAT well thought out plan was a complete and utter disaster...no concrete format to follow,no recommendations,no standard verbiage...yes/no in case of rape incest.....it is 52 card pick up in ALL states.

THAT WAS THE POINT! It is not rocket science.

Although not related in subject matter, your post makes me think of people who are saying Musk is a threat because he does not want twitter to suppress points of view.

In other words , irrational.

29 Nov 2022 09:26 #50 by homeagain
he 19th amendment legally guarantees American women the right to vote. Achieving this milestone required a lengthy and difficult struggle—victory took decades of agitation and protest. Beginning in the mid-19th century, several generations of woman suffrage supporters lectured, wrote, marched, lobbied, and practiced civil disobedience to achieve what many Americans considered a radical change of the Constitution. Few early supporters lived to see final victory in 1920.

Beginning in the 1800s, women organized, petitioned, and picketed to win the right to vote, but it took them decades to accomplish their purpose. Between 1878, when the amendment was first introduced in Congress, and August 18, 1920, when it was ratified, champions of voting rights for women worked tirelessly, but strategies for achieving their goal varied. Some pursued a strategy of passing suffrage acts in each state—nine western states adopted woman suffrage legislation by 1912. Others challenged male-only voting laws in the courts. Some suffragists used more confrontational tactics such as picketing, silent vigils, and hunger strikes. Often supporters met fierce resistance. Opponents heckled, jailed, and sometimes physically abused them.

IT IS NOW 2023 (ALMOST).....since the 1800's, women have been suppressed,dominated by men,u would think that as a species,progressive thinking MIGHT HAVE BEEN implemented. AS I SAID BEFORE,WELL PLAYED BY THE MALE DOMINATED SCOTUS. It is well past time to review the constitution and UPDATE the fore fathers words of wisdom......(among them the 2nd amendment)

FOR RAMAGE.....who suggested I review the 19th.

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds