Presidential Election 2024!

03 Oct 2024 13:55 #281 by koobookie
You MAGA boys still want to vote for a criminal?

Even Fox admits he committed crimes in an attempt to stay in power.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Oct 2024 15:25 #282 by koobookie
Well, isn't this interesting.

Could this qualify as election interference?
Attachments:

03 Oct 2024 15:37 #283 by FredHayek
When union leaders tamper with an election for Democrats, that is fine. Like the NEA policy of giving 90% of their political donations to Democrats, that isn't tampering?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

03 Oct 2024 15:40 #284 by koobookie

FredHayek wrote: When union leaders tamper with an election for Democrats, that is fine. Like the NEA policy of giving 90% of their political donations to Democrats, that isn't tampering?

You don't seem to understand scale.

Destroying an economy, jobs, retail, trade - that's a bit different than endorsing or supporting a candidate.

03 Oct 2024 15:42 #285 by FredHayek
Was the strike authorized by Trump's supposed buddy? Or by a rank and file vote?

03 Oct 2024 16:17 #286 by koobookie

FredHayek wrote: Was the strike authorized by Trump's supposed buddy? Or by a rank and file vote?

www.reuters.com/world/us/us-east-coast-d...e-passes-2024-10-01/

The International Longshoremen's Association union, which represents 45,000 port workers, had been negotiating with the United States Maritime Alliance (USMX) employer group for a new six-year contract ahead of a midnight Monday deadline.
The ILA said in a statement it shut down all ports from Maine to Texas at 12:01 a.m. ET (0401 GMT) after rejecting USMX's final proposal, adding the offer fell "far short of the demands of its members to ratify a new contract".
The ILA's leader, Harold Daggett, has said employers such as container ship operator Maersk (MAERSKb.CO)
, opens new tab and its APM Terminals North America have not offered appropriate pay increases or agreed to demands to stop port automation projects that threaten jobs.

"We are prepared to fight as long as necessary, to stay out on strike for whatever period of time it takes, to get the wages and protections against automation our ILA members deserve," Daggett said on Tuesday.
USMX said in a statement: "Our current offer of a nearly 50% wage increase exceeds every other recent union settlement, while addressing inflation and recognizing the ILA’s hard work to keep the global economy running."
Daggett said the union is pushing for more, including a $5 per hour raise for each year of the new six-year contract.

I'm sure you can find more information by using an internet search engine of your choice.

04 Oct 2024 07:19 #287 by FredHayek
Longshoreman strike suspended until January.

Let the toilet paper hoarding cease.

04 Oct 2024 07:33 #288 by FredHayek
Great job numbers today. (Expect them to be adjusted down later)
Downside? Interest rates will remain high.
Upside? Earning 5% on my savings.

04 Oct 2024 08:06 #289 by homeagain

FredHayek wrote: Longshoreman strike suspended until January.

Let the toilet paper hoarding cease.

[/b]

OMG...spoke to my brother in Apache Jct. Ariz....he went to Costco two days ago...check out line was AT THE OTHER END OF THE STORE.....long,long wait. I would have left the moment I saw the parking lot.

05 Oct 2024 18:58 #290 by FredHayek
Hoarding?
Why do Americans feel the need to do this?
I think part of it is they like the idea of control of their own life.
Every year I just see more freedom and privacy slipping away. But having a year supply of toilet paper is having control!

Time to create page: 0.694 seconds