Presidential Election 2024!

08 Oct 2024 11:27 #311 by FredHayek

We can't afford four more years of Biden.

Kamala Harris might be the worst candidate for President in my lifetime.
(Of the major parties.)

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Oct 2024 12:45 #312 by koobookie
We can't afford four more years of trump and his divisive policies.

08 Oct 2024 12:46 #313 by koobookie
Trump spoke to Putin as many as 7 times since leaving office, Bob Woodward reports in new book

apnews.com/article/donald-trump-biden-pu...f438264a64b2bfa0aa39

WASHINGTON (AP) — Donald Trump has had as many as seven private phone calls with Vladimir Putin since leaving office and secretly sent the Russian president COVID-19 test machines during the height of the pandemic, Bob Woodward reported in his new book “War.”

In the famed Watergate reporter’s latest book, Woodward reports that Trump asked an aide to leave his office at his Florida resort, Mar-a-Lago, so that the former president could have a private call with Putin in early 2024. The aide, whom Woodward doesn’t name, said there have been multiple calls between Trump and Putin since Trump left office, perhaps as many as seven in that period, according to the book.

Woodward also reports that Trump sent Putin COVID-19 test machines for his personal use as the virus began spreading in 2020. Putin told Trump not to tell anyone because people would be mad at Trump over it, but Trump said he didn’t care if anyone knew, according to the book. Trump ended up agreeing not to tell anyone.

08 Oct 2024 14:27 #314 by FredHayek
I could care less about what Trump and Putin are doing. It is called keeping diplomatic channels open.

Meanwhile Biden/Harris continue to give Iran hundreds of millions of dollars. Money Iran can use to export terrorism or spend on developing a nuclear weapon.

08 Oct 2024 14:38 #315 by koobookie

FredHayek wrote: I could care less about what Trump and Putin are doing. It is called keeping diplomatic channels open.

It's actually a crime.

www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/953

Any citizen of the United States, wherever he may be, who, without authority of the United States, directly or indirectly commences or carries on any correspondence or intercourse with any foreign government or any officer or agent thereof, with intent to influence the measures or conduct of any foreign government or of any officer or agent thereof, in relation to any disputes or controversies with the United States, or to defeat the measures of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

This section shall not abridge the right of a citizen to apply, himself or his agent, to any foreign government or the agents thereof for redress of any injury which he may have sustained from such government or any of its agents or subjects.

08 Oct 2024 14:44 #316 by koobookie
This goes against the MAGA talking points that you MAGA boys have been reading...

Georgia residents on Trump and Harris’s post-Helene trips: ‘He’s here to get votes, she’s here to help’
news.yahoo.com/news/harris-trump-went-ge...jYDM1f3K0ZBv-IA81f0X

“If [Trump] brought a thousand trucks like this, he would still not get my vote,” said April Terry, an Augustan waiting for a box of produce Friday morning. “All that is showing that he’s got money, showing that all he wants is your vote.”

08 Oct 2024 14:48 #317 by koobookie
Seven phone calls that violated the Logan Act.

Let's see, what happened during that time when trump was talking on the phone with Putin - remember, seven times. Oh, yeah, Putin invaded Ukraine.

I wonder what trump did to discourage his buddy Vlad from doing that. Oh, wait, he probably didn't. I'll bet he told Vlad "do whatever the hell you want. It'll make me look better and then I can get elected and then I'll avoid jail."

08 Oct 2024 18:46 #318 by FredHayek

Would be amazing if Trump won both the popular vote and the Electoral College.

Especially because he is so unpopular.

Attachments:

08 Oct 2024 18:47 #319 by FredHayek

koobookie wrote: Seven phone calls that violated the Logan Act.

Let's see, what happened during that time when trump was talking on the phone with Putin - remember, seven times. Oh, yeah, Putin invaded Ukraine.

I wonder what trump did to discourage his buddy Vlad from doing that. Oh, wait, he probably didn't. I'll bet he told Vlad "do whatever the hell you want. It'll make me look better and then I can get elected and then I'll avoid jail."

You might just be right.
If only the Democrats had used the 25th Amendment correctly.

09 Oct 2024 07:52 #320 by koobookie

FredHayek wrote: If only the Democrats had used the 25th Amendment correctly.

If only the Senate Republicans had grown a spine and impeached Trump.

Time to create page: 0.384 seconds