Harris Wants Another Trump Debate

23 Sep 2024 14:14 #11 by koobookie
So, the lies Trump told don't bother you? The fact that he had to resort to "pet eating" in order to scare people is not a great debate tactic, but you're okay with that? His bragging about authoritarian dictators being character references for him is a good thing to you?

www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2024/s...-trump-harris-debate

But, as CNN’s Abby Phillip drily observed: “When there is asymmetrical lying, there will be asymmetrical factchecking.”

Should Trump have been able to state that babies are executed after birth? That can't go unchallenged, Fred. It's a flat out lie, but then, you seem to like lies.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Sep 2024 18:54 - 23 Sep 2024 19:04 #12 by homeagain

FredHayek wrote: I made my money supplying valuable medical instruments so that patients know the solutions they were receiving were safe.

I don't need to take money for posts. Currently on vacation along the East Coast and Canada waiting for the leaves to change.

U worked for the AMA? "

please clarify :valuable medical instruments,"cause I KNOW how some r pushed thru to market WITHOUT adequate clinical trials and shortcuts r ok'd by the FDA.......(old device,with added tweaking and then release
under the SAME approval,) only to find the device is/was inadequate or flawed)......happens alot.

24 Sep 2024 19:34 #13 by FredHayek
The dialysis industry uses solutions to clean the patients blood. We make the instruments that make sure the solutions are safe for patients. We also make the solutions they use to calibrate the instruments.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

25 Sep 2024 11:28 #14 by koobookie
So you are part of the For Profit Health Care Industry. You make money off of other people's illnesses.

Nice.

25 Sep 2024 19:39 #15 by FredHayek

koobookie wrote: So you are part of the For Profit Health Care Industry. You make money off of other people's illnesses.

Nice.

If you take out the profit motive in Healthcare you get service like the VA. You want your Healthcare to be like the VA? Move to Britain and apply for the NHS.

26 Sep 2024 08:01 #16 by homeagain

FredHayek wrote:

koobookie wrote: So you are part of the For Profit Health Care Industry. You make money off of other people's illnesses.

Nice.

If you take out the profit motive in Healthcare you get service like the VA. You want your Healthcare to be like the VA? Move to Britain and apply for the NHS.

THAT,right there, is the elephant in the room....PROFIT is not the problem, greed and excessive and aggressive money-making practices r the problem.....when an rx is $25 in other countries and the EXACT SAME RX is $200 dollars here in America....WHAT is the answer? GREED

26 Sep 2024 16:38 #17 by FredHayek
American patients are funding the development of most new medicine for the entire world.

You can loathe Big Pharma but they allow other nations to buy the drugs they paid to develop for an artificially low price.

And the same Big Pharma will often provide relief on the costs if American patients ask for a discount. (They then can deduct the difference on their corporate taxes.)

Biden has been lowering the prices on ten new drugs per year. This price controls will strip pharmaceutical of extra profits they can use to create new wonder drugs like cures for Alzheimers.

There are no solutions, just tradeoffs.

Just like the study that says 90% of medical costs are spent on the last six years of life. Euthanasia might just cut a lot of those costs.

26 Sep 2024 19:43 #18 by homeagain

FredHayek wrote: American patients are funding the development of most new medicine for the entire world.

You can loathe Big Pharma but they allow other nations to buy the drugs they paid to develop for an artificially low price.

And the same Big Pharma will often provide relief on the costs if American patients ask for a discount. (They then can deduct the difference on their corporate taxes.)

Biden has been lowering the prices on ten new drugs per year. This price controls will strip pharmaceutical of extra profits they can use to create new wonder drugs like cures for Alzheimers.

There are no solutions, just tradeoffs.

Just like the study that says 90% of medical costs are spent on the last six years of life. Euthanasia might just cut a lot of those costs.

[/b]

FIRST BOLDED.....the hundreds of ads of "ask your doctor about........." pharmco should not be advertising on TV ADS AND MAGAZINES.....(I am old enough to remember when that was OBSCENE AND NOT ALLOWED)....... MONEY SPENT ON ADVERTISING IS OBSCENE WHEN U KNOW THEY R
HAWKING THEIR DRUGS FOR THE MONEY THAT ROLLS IN....because people r led to believe there is a cure for EVERYTHING AND THEY WILL BE HEALTHY. that,MY FRIEND,negates your little line of subsidizing......and replaces it with greed.

SECOND.........it's called MEDICAL AID IN DYING. and your verbiage is obsolete and offensive......YOUR OWN HAND IS THE TOOL,NO ONE ELSE IMPLEMENTS THE PROCESS.......BIG DIFFERENCE

27 Sep 2024 18:47 #19 by FredHayek
You are against advertising new wonder drugs? You would rather Americans suffer because they don't know what help is out there?
Wow, very cruel.

30 Sep 2024 08:25 #20 by koobookie

FredHayek wrote: You are against advertising new wonder drugs? You would rather Americans suffer because they don't know what help is out there?
Wow, very cruel.

Advertising for prescription drugs? Stupid. Who are the ads targeting? Doctors? Patients?

Patient: "Say, doc, I saw this ad for this new wonder drug. Can I get it?"
Doctor: "Why, certainly. I saw that ad, as well."

Really? I know that patients are gullible, since they are mainly ignorant of available drugs, but doctors?

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds